Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Corey Canestrare

The first post is update with a SuperSU 1.55 install zip, which resolves the failure-to-switch issue.

P

Good work !

If I am S-On what steps should I take to install Switch fresh.

The steps im taking are:

• Install Beta 10
  • Install S-On
  • Install Beta 12
  • Install Super Su 1.55

Is that correct ?

Guest Jcd1421

I installed the updated super SU over beta 12 and I was able to switch without any bootloops, but now the quick toggles and home button don't work on the gpe side. A double press for multi tasking works but a single press does nothing.

Guest Noel Carpel

Guys if i dont want to use the Switch rom anymore is it just too factory reset the phone? i dont got any importent stuff i want to keep or any.

Edited by Noel Carpel

Guest robinwe97

First switch to gpe without problem , switch back to sense without problems then bootloop Ehen i switch to gpe 'unfurtunaly ..... Has stopped' flash the supersu zip reboot and bootloop again

Guest robinwe97

Guys if i dont want to use the Switch rom anymore is it just too factory reset the phone? i dont got any importent stuff i want to keep or any.

factory reset will only delete everything Form you not change The system back but its interesting for me too i dont wanna use switch anymore

Guest Noel Carpel

factory reset will only delete everything Form you not change The system back but its interesting for me too i dont wanna use switch anymore

okej :( i havent even try switch yet because beta 12 wont work. But i wounder if i can root the phone even but i got the Switch rom? :3

Guest Noel Carpel

And if i want too try the old Switch when u had to install beta 1 then beta 10 could i do it over beta 12 if i like wipe the phone first in TWRP? or how do i do?

Guest bkmerrick

The first post is update with a SuperSU 1.55 install zip, which resolves the failure-to-switch issue.

P

Paul, thank you for the update. I have been using switch for a while now without problems until the bootloop issue. I thought SU was optional as I have never installed it in the past. Do I have to install now? I would rather keep my phone unrooted.

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, thank you for the update. I have been using switch for a while now without problems until the bootloop issue. I thought SU was optional as I have never installed it in the past. Do I have to install now? I would rather keep my phone unrooted.

No, if you're not rooted you don't need the SuperSU update!

The bootloop issue - have you installed any mods?

P

Guest bkmerrick

No, if you're not rooted you don't need the SuperSU update!

The bootloop issue - have you installed any mods?

P

No no mods Im thinking I will try to reflash with the new beta 12 file. Ill let you know if that fixes it. Thank you

Guest bkmerrick

Good work !

If I am S-On what steps should I take to install Switch fresh.

The steps im taking are:

• Install Beta 10
  • Install S-On
  • Install Beta 12
  • Install Super Su 1.55

Is that correct ?

I think you should just be flashing Beta 12, then S-ON then the optional superSU. no need for beta 10

Are you s-on or s-off? If I can replicate it I can fix it! Full wipe?

It's on my to-do list I just haven't had a chance to resolve it yet. Until I can diagnose the issue it's hard to say. It's an issue with the base GPe ROM rather than an issue introduced by Switch I would imagine.

P

Been running the stock GPE ROM (without Switch). Just started getting the same issue with SMS/MMS. Paul's right, looks like it might be an issue with the ROM itself. I'm on Rogers BTW.

Going to try flashing a different radio to see if it helps before trying beta 12. To those experiencing the same issue, what edition of the HTC One do you have? The AT&T version or the Unlocked version?

Edited by theadb

Guest bkmerrick

Been running the stock GPE ROM (without Switch). Just started getting the same issue with SMS/MMS. Paul's right, looks like it might be an issue with the ROM itself. I'm on Rogers BTW.

Going to try flashing a different radio to see if it helps before trying beta 12. To those experiencing the same issue, what edition of the HTC One do you have? The AT&T version or the Unlocked version?

Did you try clearing data and cache from the messages app? fixes the problem every time for me

Guest ledungbuild

Hi, I am a newbie. I have installed beta 10 and then flash up to beta 12, but I had some problems.

1. Rom Modaco: I don't see notification (clock, network, battery...) and can't set wallpaper (change wallpaper picture)

2. Rom HTC's Sense: I can't change my lock screen wallpaper

Can you help?

Edited by ledungbuild

Hi, I have a problem. Today when i was in gpe rom I have switch to the sense rom and then i try to return in the gpe rom but when I try to switch the device, it reboot into the sense rom and i cannot more switch to the gpe. So, I istalled the beta 12 update (I had the beta 10), then from the recovery I reboot the device and start the gpe rom and if I try to switch it don't works.. Sorry for my english, i'm italian.. So, what is the problem? Thanks

Guest perfectB

Did you try clearing data and cache from the messages app? fixes the problem every time for me

I'm on an American HTC One locked to AT&T. However clearing data and cache does seem to work. How long does this workaround typically last?

Guest pmanzonfotos

I have an issue with the beta 12. I updated via OTA. When i went to switch to GE, it was boot looping. I tried flashing beta 12 on TWRP, and now its stuck on the HTC quietly brilliant screen. I need help!