• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Help a noob ^_^

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I'm new on this forum. I own a Huawei Ascend G300 and I want to root it. I found this guide ( http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/ ) and I want to know if it's good and can do the job. I've never rooted a phone and i hope you guys could help me.

Another thing I would much apreciate for you guys to tell me is that if i can unroot the phone. I still have 1 year of warranty and I don't want to have any problem with vodafone. Thank you very much.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, Welcome :)

Yes, the huaweig300.com guide is good, but if you unlock the bootloader, please do not use the bootlodaerg300.exe or their guide, as you can do it officially with my tutorial, and this will make sure that there are no problems later on. Also you can unroot easily by doing an update,app (a force update made by huawei which deletes everything)

Edited by george109

Posted · Report post

Thank you for response george.

If i want to instal a custom ROM, i have to unlock the bootloader or i must unlock it in order to root the phone? I just want to root the phone and stick with the custom ROM. Maybe sometime in the future i will put a custom ROM.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for response george.

If i want to instal a custom ROM, i have to unlock the bootloader or i must unlock it in order to root the phone? I just want to root the phone and stick with the custom ROM. Maybe sometime in the future i will put a custom ROM.

You're welcome :)

I would advise unlocking the boot loader with my tutorial first, as you have an untouched device to work with, then following the huaweig300.com guide, root it, backup your IMEI, then install CWM, Flash and then Flash a custom ROM. Hope that helps you :)

Posted · Report post

I'm very tired and i'm sory if i'm a little bit annoying. So, in order to root the phone and stick with the stock rom (don't know why i typed custom rom) i have to follow your tutorial, or i can use the one that i pointed the first time?

If you want to just root the phone and stick with the stock rom that you already have, just follow the tutorial on huaweig300.com up to and including rooting (step 3).

But if you want to later Unroot the phone you have to flash update.app in recovery. To install custom recovery (like clockwork mode) you need to unlock bootloader. To unlock bootloader, click here -->http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

DON'T use the bootloader unlocking method on the huaweig300.com site because it messes up your phone and you may/may not get random reboots.

Hope I helped you.

Edited by CoSmEeN

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your help guys. If I will have some trouble i'l come here to ask.

Posted · Report post

I did it, I rooted the phone. I thought about this and I want to instal a custom ROM, which one should i get?

Posted · Report post

I did it, I rooted the phone. I thought about this and I want to instal a custom ROM, which one should i get?

It depends on what you want, If you want features I would recommend a Jelly Bean ROM, but battery life and performance is not as good as ICS, if you want an ICS rom I would recommend CyanogenMod 9 or Tesla, If you want a gingerbread ROM then I would recommend AtomicMod by Tillaz

Posted · Report post

I want something that doesn't consume a lot of ram and battery.

I want something that doesn't consume a lot of ram and battery.

I would recommend a gingerbread ROM then if you want better RAM and battery life Edited by george109

Posted · Report post

This one right? http://www.modaco.co..._hl__ atomicmod

I'l just wait to recieve the unlock password from huawei and then get to work.

If I was you I would send them an email instead of the form. I been waiting for over two weeks...

Posted · Report post

I sent them an email.

Some friends told me that if i will install a custom ROM(i will install AtomicMod by Tillaz) i would not be able to download or purchase apps on GooglePlay. Is that true?

Posted · Report post

I sent them an email.

Some friends told me that if i will install a custom ROM(i will install AtomicMod by Tillaz) i would not be able to download or purchase apps on GooglePlay. Is that true?

No, where did they hear that lol.

Posted · Report post

Don't know, they are crazy lol.

I asked on george109's tutorial topic that after i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

I asked on george109's tutorial topic that after i do the Unlocking The Bootloader,what do i need to do next to install a custom rom? Do I have to follow this step Installing The Custom Recovery ?

Have a read of this but unlock your boot loader via Georges tutorials.

http://huaweig300.co...rkmod-recovery/

Also remember to find the most update copy of CWM. It is all in the development sub forum of the Huawei G300 forum

Edited by sharkyo01

Posted · Report post

Have a read of this but unlock your boot loader via Georges tutorials.

http://huaweig300.co...rkmod-recovery/

Also remember to find the most update copy of CWM. It is all in the development sub forum of the Huawei G300 forum

That is quite a good idea, but I think should simply root, backup your IMEI and then follow my guide on how to install CWM :)

Posted · Report post

Yes, you will have to install a custom recovery, as the Stock (Original) recovery will not let you install custom ZIPs. I would recommend installing CWM Recovery, and then installing TWRP after in the last post, as it is a lot more user friendly.

:)

Posted · Report post

I backed up my IMEI. Now i'l just wait for the code from Huawei. Thank you for the help :wub:

Posted · Report post

I did it. I unlocked the bootloader and installed AtomicMod by Tillaz. Thank you !