Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d3d3d3

ROMs work fine, except..

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys I bought me a G510-0100 a couple of weeks ago and now that I started trying out different ROMs I cant stop because I can never find a good one for me.

I tried a couple of ROMs from the spanish forums and all of them worked great, EXCEPT I would never be able to use the sim card (basically it is just like the phone had no simcard)

Then I went looking around some more and I found out those ROMs were for G510-0200 and not 0100.

One time I installed a Sisco rom http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=590093 and it actually solved the problem, but it also added touchwiz and a couple of extra buttons like return and home that would always be on the lower part of the screen, never leaving it.

So I ask you, is there any way to solve the SIM card problem? Or can you recommend me to a (preferably light) 0100 rom?

Thanks in advance!

Install Sisco and just change launcher plus there is a line in the build.prop you edit to turn off the navigation bar job done.

mind sending me some tutorials for all that? Im not exactly an expert on this :/

I forget not everyone knows android that well. Changing launcher is easy just download Nova or Apex launchers from the market. The nav bar/buttons a little more complicated.

I just stayed with the normal default android Os launcher ( I had the choice between the 2). How should I go about with the buttons now?

Edited by d3d3d3

bump, all I need is to remove the lower buttons (return, home and task manager)

If you download The Nova luncher from the playstore, the problem should be gone.

I actually reflashed this rom after trying with other roms. The other roms couldnt detect the sim, and this ones is almost perfect except I cant remove the bottom bar. I installed Apex today and its still there. I had a look at build.prop but Im not sure which one Im supposed to remove.. little hint?

hi - look for "mainkeys." if you currently have the navbar, it should be =0, and you'll wanna change to "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" here's a couple threads re other devices.