Back to Blade

Guest finbaar

Guest finbaar

Wow it feels strange to be posting here again. I got my Blade on 5/10/2010 and flashed it straight away thanks to Paul despite being a noob (no TPT then either). Anyway after being passed around the family the Blade has come back to me with a cracked screen and a broken usb port. Still it will be useful as a spare phone. My only problem was what ROM? I treid CM9 & CM10 and I was impressed by how smooth they were (JB on my blade, amazing!). But the battery life was terrible – they just drained away overnight with wifi and phone radios being the culprit. I stuck a 2.3.7 MIUI ROM on for a laugh and that has been decent, and 48 hours later the battery still has 35% showing so I am happy.

I always enjoyed the Modaco commumity compared to the somewhat more intense world of XDA and it great to see that the Blade lives on.

Guest The Soup Thief

Hi finbaar,

I too recently recommissioned my Blade - after a year or two in a drawer it now helps out as a baby monitor and as a google music box with the 3.5mm out plugged into a crappy amp. I needed a good stable rom with long battery life - settled on jventura's eco cm7 (but maybe should have stuck tomm13b's AOSP GB on there - he's a very good lad and a steady hand on the tiller!)

I'm using it sim free on wifi and I get a good 4-5 days of very light use on eco cm7. ICS and JB are all well and good, but for my purposes, they're just not worth the candle on the good ol blade.

FWIW, since getting my nexus 4 I miss some of the tinkering and meddling I used to have to do just to get my phone to work back in the good ol days!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest probals

I always enjoyed the Modaco commumity compared to the somewhat more intense world of XDA and it great to see that the Blade lives on.

Totally agree with you. Too much one-upmanship & noise on XDA. I avoid tinkering on my N7 for that reason & the fact that Nexi are near - perfect out of the box.

Paul OB will be happy to read this.

P