Instant battery discharge - phone shuts off when taking pics

Guest crappychina

Guest crappychina

Bought the u9200 5 weeks ago. The battery life was never good, I could never get a damn day in stand-by mode!!!. A week ago it started acting weird. If the battery level is </= 80%, and I take pictures with flash, the phone abruptly powers off! Or, when I record a video longer than 30 seconds, it fails to read my simcard. It reads it again after a few minutes after stopping the recording. What the hell is wrong with it? Brand new phone, bought online; I have no warranty, so all the repairs will cost me money. Is it the battery? It's just retarded, just got the phone. How much time do you get on a full charge? What can I do other than avoiding crappy manufacturers like Huafukingwei?

Guest Brianrh

I bought my P1 online from Expansys so if I had problems I had a recognised company to get back to if there was any problems. I've had this phone a few weeks now and find it has excellent power management and I can easily get 2-3 days life from the battery on stand by. It rather sounds that there is a fault with your phone and even if it is a battery fault these are not easily replaced on this phone. Did you buy this from ebay? If so this may be the reason someone was selling it. I think your only solution is to contact Huawei and see what they can do for you.