[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest JohnSmart

Hi everyone,

I never had a reason to post before, but this is a great ROM and a big thanks to everyone who contributed to it. 

There are now reports that Android 4.1.1 has a bad version of OpenSSL that has the HeartBleed bug: http://androidcommunity.com/heartbleed-only-an-issue-for-android-4-1-1-20140409/

Does anyone know for sure if FusionX has this problem? And if it does, how it might be fixed? I don't really know enough of how to check for this. 

Thanks.

Looks like you're right, after installing 'Heartbeat Scanner' by Bluebox (from play store), I had the warning 'Heartsbeats are enabled', which means this ROM may not be safe to use as is. Fortunately someone on another forum came up with with a workaround/hack here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2714173. So I created a flashable update zip, which works for me using TWRP, after installing it Bluebox reports the heartbeat function is disabled and safe.

Download 'FusionX-1.0-Heartbleed-Fix' here: http://bit.ly/QgXuof

MD5 hash: d4295b9ddee9cbede4580db3b8037d42

Use at your own risk !.

Edited by JohnSmart

Guest norayrhajian

That was exactly my problem, and thanks to your suggestion I found this thread (Google translated: English) and downloaded the respaldo modem_st y300-0151.zip from 4shared. Ran the .bat, it copied over a couple of files to my phone, and fixed my 3G issue.

For those of you running the Y300-0151 with this firmware, you need to change the SuperSU setting "Default access" to "Grant" instead of prompt before running the .bat, as it won't prompt you for allowing ADB access to su and you'll get an error message unless you do. You can change it back after the fix is applied.

If you don't want to created an account to download from 4shared, I mirrored the file here.

Man, oh, man.....  I tried and tried and tried to get my 3G back after installing Y300-0100 on my 0150 phone and was ready to beat it with a hammer.  Your instructions and files saved my phone.  THANK YOU.

Guest m2293

hello guys ... i've been trying to set the apn on my phone (even with italian apn the app) but there's no way getting it to work ... can you help me? please

Guest Syssx420

Hello guys,

I've repaired a bug with brigtness button in toggles. Now it properly switches between automatic and normal brightness and it doesn't gets stuck on automatic icon while switching brightness values. It just works as it should.

Here is repared SystemUI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-U7pCNeAa0kcWVSTmtEZUdHeWs/edit?usp=sharing

Push to system/app with permissions 644 (rw- r-- r--)

Also Tillaz 

I want to ask for a permission to edit your FusionX ROM. 

I think I would release it only on one of Czech forums (www.smartforum.cz). I would translate your FusionX app and add some modules, update modules and xposed, delete and add some apps to ROM etc.

Cheers

Edited by Syssx420

Guest fonz93

Hello guys,

I've repaired a bug with brigtness button in toggles. Now it properly switches between automatic and normal brightness and it doesn't gets stuck on automatic icon while switching brightness values. It just works as it should.

Here is repared SystemUI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-U7pCNeAa0kcWVSTmtEZUdHeWs/edit?usp=sharing

Push to system/app with permissions 644 (rw- r-- r--)

Also Tillaz 

I want to ask for a permission to edit your FusionX ROM. 

I think I would release it only on one of Czech forums (www.smartforum.cz). I would translate your FusionX app and add some modules, update modules and xposed, delete and add some apps to ROM etc.

Cheers

Hi, thanks! how did you do that? did you modify the smali code?

Guest michele.009

Toggles have another annoying bug. If WiFi and data are both enabled, data toggle can't be switched off without disabling WiFi first. Maybe Syssx420 can fix that. It would be great.

Guest fonz93

Toggles have another annoying bug. If WiFi and data are both enabled, data toggle can't be switched off without disabling WiFi first. Maybe Syssx420 can fix that. It would be great.

you can use gps toggle instead of wi-fi toggle, it's only a problem of sync between toggles and data setting

Guest Syssx420

Hi, thanks! how did you do that? did you modify the smali code?

I had to add a boolean which I made called:

<bool name="config_supports_auto_backlight">true</bool>

Then I had to add this ID:     

<public type="bool" name="config_supports_auto_backlight" id="0x7f080007" />

Here:

.method private static isAutomaticModeSupported(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
    .locals 2
    .param p0, "context"    # Landroid/content/Context;

.prologue
    .line 216
    sget-object v0, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/BrightnessButton;->SUPPORTS_AUTO_BACKLIGHT:Ljava/lang/Boolean;

if-nez v0, :cond_0

.line 217
    invoke-virtual {p0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getResources()Landroid/content/res/Resources;

move-result-object v0

const v1, 0x7f080007

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/res/Resources;->getBoolean(I)Z

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_1

.line 219
    const/4 v0, 0x1

invoke-static {v0}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->valueOf(Z)Ljava/lang/Boolean;

move-result-object v0

sput-object v0, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/BrightnessButton;->SUPPORTS_AUTO_BACKLIGHT:Ljava/lang/Boolean;

.line 225
    :cond_0
    :goto_0
    sget-object v0, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/BrightnessButton;->SUPPORTS_AUTO_BACKLIGHT:Ljava/lang/Boolean;

invoke-virtual {v0}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->booleanValue()Z

move-result v0

return v0

.line 221
    :cond_1
    const/4 v0, 0x0

move-result-object v0

sput-object v0, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/BrightnessButton;->SUPPORTS_AUTO_BACKLIGHT:Ljava/lang/Boolean;

goto :goto_0
.end method 

This only occurs when you have some toggles arranged for examle like this GPS-DATA-WIFI = here GPS switch blocks DATA switch which blocks WIFI switch. Just rearrange them for examle like this WIFI-BT-DATA-LANTERN-GPS, or sometimes it's just only because you didn't do anything with toggles so just turn on and off all of toggles and let them arrange by random. I have WIFI-DATA-BT-GPS and all of them works like a charm and I just disabled and enabled one toggle in settings after a clean flash.

I can't really fix this it would take a lot of time and smali editing. And also I'm not that good at this.

Guest dus40

Sorry for the noob question : is it possible to put the original huawei mms.apk ? I tried to copy the mms.apk file from the original rom to /system/app (and did the cache and dalvik wipe) but it doesn't work...

Guest fonz93

I had to add a boolean which I made called:

<bool name="config_supports_auto_backlight">true</bool>

Then I had to add this ID:     

<public type="bool" name="config_supports_auto_backlight" id="0x7f080007" />

Here:

.method private static isAutomaticModeSupported(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
    .locals 2
    .param p0, "context"    # Landroid/content/Context;

.prologue
    .line 216

if-nez v0, :cond_0

.line 217
    invoke-virtual {p0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getResources()Landroid/content/res/Resources;

move-result-object v0

const v1, 0x7f080007

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/res/Resources;->getBoolean(I)Z

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_1

.line 219
    const/4 v0, 0x1

move-result-object v0

.line 225
    :cond_0
    :goto_0

invoke-virtual {v0}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->booleanValue()Z

move-result v0

return v0

.line 221
    :cond_1
    const/4 v0, 0x0

move-result-object v0

goto :goto_0
.end method

Really good work, thank you

Guest TayoOnabule

Updated the Xposed Installer, and added Syssx420's modified SystemUI.apk so if you like this updated zip, go thank him first :P

Download: https://shared.com/l3ztmdz5bf?s=di

Guest Meerk4t

Hello, I'm using this rom with ceastel's kernel. Which is best cpu governor for this rom and why i can't set my cpu clock to 1209 mhz? after setting and exiting it setts to 1008 mhz anyway :(

Guest 46jimbo

Looks like you're right, after installing 'Heartbeat Scanner' by Bluebox (from play store), I had the warning 'Heartsbeats are enabled', which means this ROM may not be safe to use as is. Fortunately someone on another forum came up with with a workaround/hack here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2714173. So I created a flashable update zip, which works for me using TWRP, after installing it Bluebox reports the heartbeat function is disabled and safe.

Download 'FusionX-1.0-Heartbleed-Fix' here: http://bit.ly/QgXuof

MD5 hash: d4295b9ddee9cbede4580db3b8037d42

Use at your own risk !.

Many thanks, JohnSmart!  Worked like a charm.

Guest xxirioxx

Hello, I'm using this rom with ceastel's kernel. Which is best cpu governor for this rom and why i can't set my cpu clock to 1209 mhz? after setting and exiting it setts to 1008 mhz anyway :(

Because Y300 has a 1008MHz CPU, you can't set it higher without using overclock hacks (I don't know if is't possible in this device).

Many thanks, JohnSmart!  Worked like a charm.

Worked for me too! Thank you very much :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest herrdeh

Hi everybody,

does an external bluetooth keyboard work? - So many ROMS seem to suffer from the "pairing, but not connecting" bug.

Cheers,

herrdeh

Edited by herrdeh

Guest danny19901

Tillaz Do you have any plans of updating for Y300 maybe theming white if possible or add newer xposed on default etc.... Just curious as my friend got a Y300 yesterday and he's not use to holo he's use to kitkat white but likes stock based more

Guest SaurabhRCk

Tillaz Do you have any plans of updating for Y300 maybe theming white if possible or add newer xposed on default etc.... Just curious as my friend got a Y300 yesterday and he's not use to holo he's use to kitkat white but likes stock based more

hey man, good see you! its been long time! 

Guest danny19901

hey man, good see you! its been long time!

Yeah I know it's been a while I still don't have a Y300 I have a Ace 2 but getting an octacore phone soon and sometime will try get a Y300 as my friend has 1 and still like it