[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Hire is the link: https://mega.co.nz/#...kj8jdMb5jFD7Dp8

You need to register first...

thanks, will download this soon

Yeah but trying to find the UK Channel firmware is like finding a needle in a hay stack, the ones on the huawei website don't work on UK phones

i just downloaded B175 from the official huawei site, unpacked it and made a flashable .zip its seems to be working ok (just booted it up a few mins ago)

no system update for b196 on this though... will try B178 now.

Guest ZolaIII

Apps are the same, so shore why not.

As i can remember somebody posted a link for it hire at Modaco(UK firmware).

I personally use file crop when searching for something.

Guest Clarkiieh

I got the normal firmware off the huawei site when I messed up my build prop and extracted it then put the update.app on root of SD card and tried force flashing via volume up and down and power and it failed at stage 2?

Guest tillaz

I got the normal firmware off the huawei site when I messed up my build prop and extracted it then put the update.app on root of SD card and tried force flashing via volume up and down and power and it failed at stage 2?

i just unpacked the update.app and made a flashable .zip, never tried the official way before.

also the B178 repack is only offering me an update for "push service" and not B196 :huh:

post-913969-0-26536900-1377023547_thumb. post-913969-0-49438300-1377023548_thumb.

think i will just give up on this.

Guest Clarkiieh

Loop

i just unpacked the update.app and made a flashable .zip, never tried the official way before.

also the B178 repack is only offering me an update for "push service" and not B196 :huh:

post-913969-0-26536900-1377023547_thumb. post-913969-0-49438300-1377023548_thumb.

think i will just give up on this.

Tillaz please can you upload this and share the link in my new thread. I think it will benefit a lot of people who mess up on flashing and modding ect. That's if its not too much to ask of cause dont want sponge of your work, and would never take credit :)

Edited by Clarkiieh

Guest tillaz

think someone mentioned the phone not vibrating when ringing or the option in sound settings not working?

you need to enable it in the diallers settings to work.

Guest tillaz

tillaz, so you continue developing? It was asked two times already, please answer.

if i can get a another Y300 for £59.95 as an upgrade yes, which i will give to my daughter.

I'm currently in the process of selling mine.

Guest Frankish

Tillaz buy my Y300? It's boxed and had a screen protector on the whole time so it's like brand new anyway. I'm getting a china phone possibly anyway.

Think I really want the Xiocai X9! Not selling yours are you?

Edited by Frankish

think someone mentioned the phone not vibrating when ringing or the option in sound settings not working?

you need to enable it in the diallers settings to work.

Thanks for the solution :)

Guest jackosterman

Thoughts on battery calibration, anyone? I don't mean wiping the battery stats, as that's been long debunked, but power cycling and whatnot. To be honest, I've never bothered after flashing new ROMs on past phones, but after 6 or 8 hours of intermittent use yesterday (3G on), once the battery hit 40% or so it began rapidly falling until reaching 11% in the span of a couple hours. I never understood how a blinking LED is supposed to help me preserve what little charge I have left... >_>

Edited by jackosterman

Guest TangerineTractor

Thoughts on battery calibration, anyone? I don't mean wiping the battery stats, as that's been long debunked, but power cycling and whatnot. To be honest, I've never bothered after flashing new ROMs on past phones, but after 6 or 8 hours of intermittent use yesterday (3G on), once the battery hit 40% or so it began rapidly falling until reaching 11% in the span of a couple hours. I never understood how a blinking LED is supposed to help me preserve what little charge I have left... >_>

I got similar performance - hardly moved for ages, then a steady drop, then it plummets. Same as on Stock 190.

I'm currently trying Lewa, and the battery drain seems steadier - not saying it's better battery usage (yet) but it seems maybe more accurate reporting.

Guest jackosterman
think i have found the true cause of the phone slowing down (its not xposed framework)

performance seems very good now, will be an update in a few days or maybe a week

- improved handling of RAM (no that's does not mean more free, as that's not good)

- improved performance

- improved battery life (fixed the crazy drain when off wifi)

Just asking out of curiosity, I gather these issues are inherent to the stock ROM (ie. Huawei gaffes)?

Edited by jackosterman

Guest Joao Pereira

Hi tillaz

First of all, great work on your rom.

After testing some, yours is still the one that gives best performance.

A couple of things and a request.

In your b02 rom the google calendar isn't syncing... tried different calendars but the result is the same.

Also the browser sometimes does start, even after reboot and clear cache ( replaced with chrome )

If you have some time, could you port the major apps from the MIUIV5, like dialer, contacts, sms, gallery... ?

They have a great look, but even after i extracted the file, i'm not able to install any of the apps... not even from recovery...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364329-rom-ascend-y300-0100-miuiv5/

Thanks

Guest vladandrei51

Hi tillaz,

Not sure if is relevant anymore but a week ago you asked us to send a mail to huawei regarding HWA, I got a respond today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

After our relevant department checking, the > android:hardwareAccelerated="true" tag can work well.

Would you please kindly double check and try again?

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Guest tillaz

Tillaz buy my Y300? It's boxed and had a screen protector on the whole time so it's like brand new anyway. I'm getting a china phone possibly anyway.

Think I really want the Xiocai X9! Not selling yours are you?

if i can't get the Y300 on another upgrade for the daughter i think i will just get another xiaocai x9 to be honest as you can get it with a pink back cover lol

Guest tillaz

there is a serious problem with battery drain from "mobile data" on huaweis stock roms, put your phone in airplane mode and use wifi and the battery is amazing...

obviously this is not a solution just a way of seeing where the problem is coming from, i think its been caused by fast dormancy not been configured properly

maybe i will get a chance to take a look befor my phone sells.

Hi tillaz

First of all, great work on your rom.

After testing some, yours is still the one that gives best performance.

A couple of things and a request.

In your b02 rom the google calendar isn't syncing... tried different calendars but the result is the same.

Also the browser sometimes does start, even after reboot and clear cache ( replaced with chrome )

If you have some time, could you port the major apps from the MIUIV5, like dialer, contacts, sms, gallery... ?

They have a great look, but even after i extracted the file, i'm not able to install any of the apps... not even from recovery...

http://www.modaco.co...00-0100-miuiv5/

Thanks

i have recently fixed the calendar sync problem.

sorry porting the MIUI apps is not that easy, that's why no one else has ported most of them yet, not something i have time for ether

maybe check xda to see if anyone has ported the ones you like.

Hi tillaz,

Not sure if is relevant anymore but a week ago you asked us to send a mail to huawei regarding HWA, I got a respond today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

After our relevant department checking, the > android:hardwareAccelerated="true" tag can work well.

Would you please kindly double check and try again?

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

yeah, same message as the other two, check back a page or two for my reply.

@everyone

i have made big changes to this rom,

totally cleaned it out, removed lots of libs and binary's for huawei's crap that is no longer there that where causing problems

feels much faster now and ram seems much improved

i will also not include any apps that are available from the market (Google stuff) my reason for this is because these apps are updated regularly

and you end up with the app on the system partition and the data partition after an update... so we might as well just have them on the data partition and not both

plus not everyone might actually want them.

hopefully i get this out before my phone is sold, as i don't really have a lot of time for it at the moment with me working on some new stuff for the play store :unsure:

Guest Frankish

if i can get the Y300 on another upgrade for the daughter i think i will just get another xiaocai x9 to be honest as you can get it with a pink back cover lol

Where you get the xiaocai from then as I've only seen white and black?! Want to order on pay day so doing my research now to pay on Friday.

Guest tillaz

Where you get the xiaocai from then as I've only seen white and black?! Want to order on pay day so doing my research now to pay on Friday.

would use dealsprime with free shipping, use the 3% off coupon and its only £94.98 http://dealsprime.co...-gps-8-0mp.html

was talking to them on live chat and they say you just need to leave a note on your order if you want the other colours

or you can buy them individually from here for £4.50

http://www.banggood....X9-p-81065.html

Edit:

here is close up video i downloaded a while back from YouKu.com its gives quiet a good look at the phone in HD,

you might need to update the codecs on windows media player to play it as its an .flv, unless you use VLC player or something.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/a814e84e85/

Guest tillaz

the utilisation of the RAM is definitely much improved now, and this is with HWA fully working (system apps working)

and all my apps / games installed, which is around 35

post-913969-0-98629100-1377107971_thumb.