[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Thats great :)

I guess some apps have got info stored and they may just need their data cleared. A minor inconvenience, but it's worth it if it makes things feel smoother.

EDIT:

This may be a silly question, but my friend wants to know if the messaging app in this ROM has green bubbles like the stock ROM? They want to get rid of them. My guess is that this could have the messaging app from CyanogenMod applied or could an addon for that be made for that?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Laximus

It worked for me, i now have the gradient and it does actually feel smoother, I only had a maps force close on boot and my yatse xbmc remote app was broken, reinstalling fixed it. Thanks a lot H3ROS for this patch, hopefully it will motivate tillaz to keep develloping for the y300. Looking forward for your next release Tillaz!

for me its still black... =/

i dont know whats the problem...

yours is stock b190 too?

Guest tillaz

I'm pretty sure this ROM's based on B190 (I don't own the device so I've no idea) so I'll pack up what I've got here and you can give it a try. Give me a few minutes.

@ carlosirai

Figures. Like I've said I don't own the device so wouldn't know.

I guess the only way to fix it would be to get an update app for the 0151.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is.

http://d-h.st/dqj

This is for the B190 only. If you've got any other version then I wouldn't recommend installing it as it may cause some side effects.

just flashed this over the top of my patch and its seems to have disabled HWA again?

back to the black background, force GPU render from dev settings still works though :huh:

here is the patch i made (changes the directory the restriction points at to one that does not exist)

if i flash this back over the top it works again, i'm a bit confused how its working for the other guy :blink:

http://www.solidfile...m/d/74c31da713/

Not a clue. Like I said it's back to stock Android, so it should work the same as stock Android. The catch here is that Huawei may have made changes elsewhere, so it may need some of the code in place to set GPU or CPU. A shame if that's true as it's just adding overhead to the code by not letting Android handle it how it normally would.

Is this ROM protected from the 2 master key exploits? And what about the messaging app, can you include it or supply an addon for the one from CM10?

Guest jackosterman

I've since disabled fast dormancy via the build.prop, but after a day of "regular use", to be honest I can't really tell if anything's actually improved (or worsened). As my activities and signal strength are wont to vary from day-to-day, it'll probably take me some time to figure out if anything has changed.

Guest Laximus

Not a clue. Like I said it's back to stock Android, so it should work the same as stock Android. The catch here is that Huawei may have made changes elsewhere, so it may need some of the code in place to set GPU or CPU. A shame if that's true as it's just adding overhead to the code by not letting Android handle it how it normally would.

Is this ROM protected from the 2 master key exploits? And what about the messaging app, can you include it or supply an addon for the one from CM10?

I will put back the clean B190, and after i will flash the zip, will se whats the result will be...

I will put back the clean B190, and after i will flash the zip, will se whats the result will be...

You could try Tillaz's version first.

If my version with more of the code removed doesn't work 100% then I could probably locate the other changes Huawei has made, but it's more of a hassle. I don't think the average user would care much as long as it works.

Guest Laximus

well I already install yours, without success... =(

just flashing Tillaz version now

Edit: with Tillaz version is the same on stock B190: nothing has changed...

the system settings menu backgroud is still black, and there is not any noticible smoother/quicker behaving...

=(

Edited by Laximus

Guest tillaz

well I already install yours, without success... =(

just flashing Tillaz version now

Edit: with Tillaz version is the same on stock B190: nothing has changed...

the system settings menu backgroud is still black, and there is not any noticible smoother/quicker behaving...

=(

strange it works on this rom and not stock,

are you going off the stock settings menu? if so i think that's why... huawei's settings.apk is to totally different to AOSP which this rom uses

and i think HWA is disabled in a lot of the apps on the stock rom via there AndroidManifest.xml

Guest tillaz

Tillaz still the B03 release for today?

Thank you very much for your work.

I noticed earlier on that deep sleep is no longer working, if can get this fixed fairly quick its possible

i also want to make changes to the system so X themes are fully compatible with the system,

as i plan on releasing a few which are compatible with X theme engine & the theme chooser (CM etc.)

ignore the timer i have been trying a few things so its been reset

post-913969-0-71722300-1377195728_thumb. post-913969-0-39445000-1377195730_thumb.

Guest Laximus

strange it works on this rom and not stock,

are you going off the stock settings menu? if so i think that's why... huawei's settings.apk is to totally different to AOSP which this rom uses

and i think HWA is disabled in a lot of the apps on the stock rom via there AndroidManifest.xml

yes I am using stock settings menu, as I am on stock B190 =)

i just thought it could be work on stock too, without any tweak...

well, I am waiting for your new build Beta3 to try...

=)

If you do release something then please try to provide the CM10 messaging app as an option. I would try to get it working myself just by resigning it, but without a device to test on that's not such a good idea.

I can understand why my friend doesn't like the stock app with it's green bubbles. It's because they replace stock apps with custom ones in an attempt to do something better than what Google gives to people. When you're used to what Googles giving you you don't like change. Personally I like pure stock Android as that's what looks the best in my opinion.

@ Laximus

You could try beta 2 and install both patches to see which works for you. It'll also help Tillaz to know if theres any issues with either of the patches before he releases beta 3.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

If you do release something then please try to provide the CM10 messaging app as an option. I would try to get it working myself just by resigning it, but without a device to test on that's not such a good idea.

I can understand why my friend doesn't like the stock app with it's green bubbles. It's because they replace stock apps with custom ones in an attempt to do something better than what Google gives to people. When you're used to what Googles giving you you don't like change. Personally I like pure stock Android as that's what looks the best in my opinion.

i feel the same,

i tried porting the CM10 MMs.apk and the AOSP one from the start but its not that straight forward

as its linked with framework.jar and TelephonyProvider.apk as far as i know

the app installs but force closes a lot, its something i have been meaning to have a proper look at when i get time, will see what i can do

Guest Ducsidu

I noticed earlier on that deep sleep is no longer working, if can get this fixed fairly quick its possible

i also want to make changes to the system so X themes are fully compatible with the system,

as i plan on releasing a few which are compatible with X theme engine & the theme chooser (CM etc.)

ignore the timer i have been trying a few things so its been reset

post-913969-0-71722300-1377195728_thumb. post-913969-0-39445000-1377195730_thumb.

With Beta 2 I had lots of SystemUI crashes, am I the only one? If it's really a bug,than did you do something to avoid it? Because that was the only reason I changed rom.

BTW I used Go Backup as you said, and the version you uploaded.

Guest tillaz

With Beta 2 I had lots of SystemUI crashes, am I the only one? If it's really a bug,than did you do something to avoid it? Because that was the only reason I changed rom.

BTW I used Go Backup as you said, and the version you uploaded.

there should not be any crashes of the SystemUI. i have never experienced anything like that, you would need to get me a logcat to see what's going on

Guest Ducsidu

there should not be any crashes of the SystemUI. i have never experienced anything like that, you would need to get me a logcat to see what's going on

Maybe tomorrow, I moved to OptimusDAY because that annoyed me. Interestingly it's also happening here, with fullscreen apps like browser and games, but the SystemUI here just "disappears", on FusionX I got messages that the SystemUI crashed.

I'll try to do a logcat tomorrow!

i feel the same,

i tried porting the CM10 MMs.apk and the AOSP one from the start but its not that straight forward

as its linked with framework.jar and TelephonyProvider.apk as far as i know

the app installs but force closes a lot, its something i have been meaning to have a proper look at when i get time, will see what i can do

I wouldn't expect it to be linked to them things. If anything I'd expect it to be linked to framework-res.apk.

I used to have an Xperia Mini which I gave to my girlfriend. I'd got the messaging app from I think it was CM9 and it worked simply by resigning it.

Heres some stuff I found. They're in order of what looks the best.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1869521

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1915590

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1966869

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2398767

With a modded messaging app you'd want to make sure everything works. Split texts, long texts, MMS etc.

EDIT: That last one (88sms) would be great if it wasn't called 88sms and it had the stock icon(s) as I'm not a fan of the blue and I don't like the emoji icon. I think you can disable it though?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I wouldn't expect it to be linked to them things. If anything I'd expect it to be linked to framework-res.apk.

I used to have an Xperia Mini which I gave to my girlfriend. I'd got the messaging app from I think it was CM9 and it worked simply by resigning it.

Heres some stuff I found. They're in order of what looks the best.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1869521

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1915590

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1966869

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2398767

With a modded messaging app you'd want to make sure everything works. Split texts, long texts, MMS etc.

EDIT: That last one, 88sms would be great if it wasn't called 88sms and it had the stock icon.

I've already tried just resigning it, it force close

its linked with

framework.jar/smali/com/google/android/mms

and

telephonyprovider.apk\smali\com\android\providers\telephony

MmsProvider.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali
MmsSmsProvider.smali
SmsProvider.smali [/code]

at least that's for the CM10.1 MMs.apk with popup and stuff,

i have half ported that now, still have a few force close issues to fix within the MMs.pk

Guest jackosterman

Maybe tomorrow, I moved to OptimusDAY because that annoyed me. Interestingly it's also happening here, with fullscreen apps like browser and games, but the SystemUI here just "disappears", on FusionX I got messages that the SystemUI crashed.

I'll try to do a logcat tomorrow!

On the rarest of occasions (getting caught up playing long sessions of Can Knockdown 3 on the train), Android would close SystemUI. But that's not entirely surprising, in my experience. Never seen an error message ('Show all ANRs' unchecked in dev options). I know it's been said, but it's really probably just a case of rogue apps.

I've already tried just resigning it, it force close

its linked with

framework.jar/smali/com/google/android/mms

and

telephonyprovider.apk\smali\com\android\providers\telephony

MmsProvider.smali

MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali

MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali

MmsSmsProvider.smali

SmsProvider.smali 

at least that's for the CM10.1 MMs.apk with popup and stuff,

i have half ported that now, still have a few force close issues to fix within the MMs.pk

If you don't have any luck with that I may take the 88sms app, change it's name, restore some stock icons, prevent updates and give it out to try. It's just that that's based on Android 4.3 and CyanogenMod 10.2 with added extras on top and it contains all of the dependencies within itself.

EDIT:

Or not as I just read this...

At the moment, 88sms is designed to be an add-on to the stock app. It's just a separate gui to the sms/mms database. The stock app is still needed for actually storing received messages into the database.

It's a little odd though because on Play Store it says this...

This app requires a wide range of permissions because it is a port of a system app. System apps use a lot of permissions. Full network access is required in order to send (or download) mms using your phone's cellular data (mms) connection.

Might give it a try anyway. Just means I have to flash a different ROM to do some testing on my Skate.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Clarkiieh

So in theory, when beta 3 is out and hwa works fully, it will help games run smoother saying its the GPU kicking in more and not the CPU? So some one please help me out. What is the difference between force GPU and enabling hwa?

Guest tillaz

porting the CM10.1 messaging app did not work out so i ported AOSP instead

i would appreciate it people could test this properly for me as the Y300 is not the phone i actually use or top up...

my main phone is the nexus 4 which has a micro sim.

so far it seems to be working fine, but i have only text 150 and received a text with my balance, settings seem to be working ok as well

post-913969-0-26246400-1377216123_thumb. post-913969-0-07823200-1377216126_thumb.

NOTE

to test this you need to flash the zip then do a factory rest for it to work... the database needs wiped to work unfortunately,

this won't be a problem when included in the rom as a full wipe will be done before installing.

however you could just try deleting everything in this directory and reboot (if not you need to factory reset)

/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/

Flash in recovery

http://www.solidfile...m/d/a52331f613/

Guest tillaz

So in theory, when beta 3 is out and hwa works fully, it will help games run smoother saying its the GPU kicking in more and not the CPU? So some one please help me out. What is the difference between force GPU and enabling hwa?

no, it just makes the UI of apps on the system (that support HWA) smoother, it was already working for 3rd party apps installed from the market

the problem was that huawei had restricted it for system apps

have a read of this

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/graphics/hardware-accel.html