[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

http://www.virginmob...00&colour=Black

My friend got one of them, got an unlock code from Huawei and then they just needed a network unlock code which they got via ebay for around $5.

@ AssaSsiNMiLeS

So it's not totally stable.

If you search around you can find other modded versions which might work a little better.

Heres one:

http://d-h.st/agl

Please let me know if you have any luck with it.

@ Tillaz

My friend wants the Android 4.2 keyboard from the Play Store, so they should be fine to remove LatinImeGoogle.apk and LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk, correct?

https://play.google....putmethod.latin

yes, and they might as well remove "system/lib/libjni_latinime.so" since it wont be used.

That one looks like a flashable zip?

You can extract it to copy over the APK as you did before.

@ Tillaz

Thanks for that. Just didn't want to tell them to delete something and then have it throw some errors :)

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Did it know with copying just over. Works better than the other one (no FC with countdown). But there is one thing i don't understand.

If i copy it to system/app and its name is DeskClockGoogle.apk then I just get the standard clock app included in this rom. But when i rename it to DeskClock.apk then its the 4.2 one :wacko:

I thought the name of an apk has to be irrelevant as it doesn't change its content?

It probably has data left behind from the original clock.

If you replaced the file in the ROM's zip and then started over fresh (flash from recovery) you'd get the best results.

EDIT:

I read on the forum page where the downloads from that the analog clock widget will work, but that the digital clock widget will error due to some missing API calls that are only in Android 4.2. Can you confirm this as it would be possible to modify the APK to remove the digital clock widget option, which would make the app appear more stable.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Well i deleted /data/data/...deskclock (dunno its name :D) both times.

Edit: And then rebooted of course.

Edited by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

EDIT:

I read on the forum page where the downloads from that the analog clock widget will work, but that the digital clock widget will error due to some missing API calls that are only in Android 4.2. Can you confirm this as it would be possible to modify the APK to remove the digital clock widget option, which would make the app appear more stable.

Can't even find a digital clock widget in the widget drawer/ list but the analog one works fine.

Guest BillGaitas

Hey everyone, just want to make sure about one thing.

This ROM seems to be designed for use on the Y300, however, it seems like it can be installed on a G510-0100 without a problem out of the box. Is that correct? Or do I need to do some tweaking to run this on the G510-0100?

For what it's worth, i'm running B171, Vodafone Portugal. EmotionUI is a colossal piece of trash, and the battery and RAM usage really suck. Oh, and the Vodafone apps suck too. I'm waiting for Huawei to send me the code to unlock the bootloader, I really need to get some kind of difrent ROM for the device. According to the posts here, this seems to be a nice ROM.

Cheers.

Edited by BillGaitas

Guest Ducsidu

Hey everyone, just want to make sure about one thing.

This ROM seems to be designed for use on the Y300, however, it seems like it can be installed on a G510-0100 without a problem out of the box. Is that correct? Or do I need to do some tweaking to run this on the G510-0100?

For what it's worth, i'm running B171, Vodafone Portugal. EmotionUI is a colossal piece of trash, and the battery and RAM usage really suck. Oh, and the Vodafone apps suck too. I'm waiting for Huawei to send me the code to unlock the bootloader, I really need to get some kind of difrent ROM for the device. According to the posts here, this seems to be a nice ROM.

Cheers.

Every rom made for Y300 is compatible with G510 and inversely. They are almost the same. It can also happen that you can't flash a rom made for Y300 on your G510, but that's solvable with some changes in META-INF folder (but this rom is fully compatible with G510, no changes needed). Also a few bugs can be different, for example on CM roms the Y300's screen gets colorless, but this doesn't effect the G510.

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest tillaz

i though someone would of uploaded a TWRP back up of there B194 update with the viber fix and stuff... i would of updated the rom tomorrow if so.

dose anyone else actually have this update other than Zola ?

B190 already includes the Viber fix from what I can see here. The only other thing B194 mentions having is the Google patches, but I've patched that for B190.

B190:

- Performance improved

- Photographic effect improved

- Fixed the sound issue with Viber application

B194:

- Fix voice issue for Viber application

- Merge some Google patch

So the Viber issue was already fixed in B190 for them that received it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

B190 already includes the Viber fix from what I can see here. The only other thing B194 mentions having is the Google patches, but I've patched that for B190.

its not working for me, unless my problem is different? for me i can't hear people properly there voice is distorted (like a voice changer or something)

From what I've read ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2244571 ) there was an issue where audio in worked, but audio out didn't.

You could compare the update before B190 to B190 to see if any of the libs have changed.

EDIT:

I've just done it. The files within soundfx change.

I also noticed that this ROM doesn't have...

libavcodec.so (FFmpeg)

libavformat.so (FFmpeg)

libavutil.so (FFmpeg)

libbspatchhwouc.so

libchromeview.so

libgcomm_jni.so

libgoggles_clientvision.so

libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so

libhw_flashlight.so (needed for flashlight app?)

libHWColorPen.so

libinputcore-2.so

libjni_eglfence.so

libjni_hw_mosaic.so

libjni_hwime.so

libjni_latinime.so

libjni_latinimegoogle.so

libjni_pinyinime.so

libmmitest.so

libparseprofile.so

libprojectmenu.so

libvideochat_jni.so (part of Talk)

Most of these aren't in your removed zip.

Under \system\vendor\etc\ you've also got an audio effects config file, but that's not in B186.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Could that lib be a problem for video calls with Hangouts? Coz i think that i was unable to have video calls on B01 and B02 but i cant test it now on B03.

Guest tillaz

From what I've read ( http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2244571 ) there was an issue where audio in worked, but audio out didn't.

You could compare the update before B190 to B190 to see if any of the libs have changed.

EDIT:

I've just done it. The files within soundfx change.

I also noticed that this ROM doesn't have...

libavcodec.so (FFmpeg)

libavformat.so (FFmpeg)

libavutil.so (FFmpeg)

libbspatchhwouc.so

libchromeview.so

libgcomm_jni.so

libgoggles_clientvision.so

libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so

libhw_flashlight.so (needed for flashlight app?)

libHWColorPen.so

libinputcore-2.so

libjni_eglfence.so

libjni_hw_mosaic.so

libjni_hwime.so

libjni_latinime.so

libjni_latinimegoogle.so

libjni_pinyinime.so

libmmitest.so

libparseprofile.so

libprojectmenu.so

Most of these aren't in your removed zip.

Under \system\vendor\etc\ you've also got an audio effects config file, but that's not in B186.

those libs are removed because they are part of the removed huawei apps / Google apps and not needed,

they are actually bundled in the apk's and only needed on the system when you add the apk to the system

\system\vendor\etc\ is a requirement for the ported DSP manager, same for the files in soundfx

the problem i have is the same on stock

Only some of the APK's actually supply the libs and Talk isn't one of them. Removing that llib might break video calls in Hangouts too, but the rest I can understand.

I don't have a stock B190 to compare the B186 framework against, so if I had to take a guess there might be something different in framework.jar that fixes attempts to fix Viber. It's just a little odd if it is since normally it's a lib that fixes it, but no libs were changed between B186 and B190.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Only some of the APK's actually supply the libs and Talk isn't one of them. Removing that llib might break video calls in Hangouts too, but the rest I can understand.

I don't have a stock B190 to compare the B186 framework against, so if I had to take a guess there might be something different in framework.jar that fixes Viber. It's just a little odd if it is since normally it's a lib that fixes it, but no libs were changed between B186 and B190.

trust me the libs removed are included in the apps,

the reason i know this is because i bulk extracted all the removed apps so i knew what libs i could remove.

the new talk app (hangouts) also has the lib included look

post-913969-0-70847500-1377476132_thumb.

but if we are talking about the old talk app (which does not) i didn't know people actually still used it ?

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

No I was talking about Hangouts. Don't know if it's really a bug of the ROM or if there are other reasons i couldn't have video calls.

Yeah, I meant the stock Talk app. My friend is one of the people who uses the Talk app since Hangouts sucks. You just have to look at the reviews to see why. The main one being that it has no status display, so you don't know when people are available.

I wasn't sure if Hangouts would or wouldn't include the lib, but as it does then I see no reason for video calls not to work. It's probably just a bug in Hangouts.

Guest tillaz

Yeah, I meant the stock Talk app. My friend is one of the people who uses the Talk app since Hangouts sucks. You just have to look at the reviews to see why. The main one being that it has no status display, so you don't know when people are available.

I wasn't sure if Hangouts would or wouldn't include the lib, but as it does then I see no reason for video calls not to work. It's probably just a bug in Hangouts.

I've never used it to be honest i use Cubie

i will add the talk lib back if i get a chance to update the rom, but wouldn't we need to add the lib that is for the original talk app

from the same Gapps package as the old talk ? or is the one for hangouts universal ?