Freezing so bad that a battery pull is required?

Guest cryptoncore

Guest cryptoncore

Hello! My dads G300 (on Voda ICS stock) Keeps freezing randomly! whether it be whilst browsing, on youtube, opening an application, etc. It has happened 3 times today alone! After the second time today I asked my dad to install greenify and we went through the applications that he doesn't use often and hibernated them...Then of course it happened again! It seems to be that when this freezing occurs the only solution to it is a battery pull. The only thing modified on this device is simply that it has root access, it does not have a custom recovery or firmware.

What can I do to try and solve this problem? It's really starting to irritate both me and my dad.

Thanks in advance.

Guest dalyer

Did you change anything else - e.g. start overclocking?

I'd be inclined to try another clean ROM installation and see how that goes just to see if a hardware fault can be eliminated as a possibility.

Obviously backing up whatever you can would be a good idea if you try that.

Guest penthaler

This problem could do synchronization, and refreshing apps, autoupdating apps from google play... all in the same time.

Phone could be laggy when this happened and when is using so much, could freeze totally due the low RAM... Maybe it is overheating cpu too...

My advice:

- disable all useless app synchronization (GP, sync, emails) and watch it if any improvement. If not...

- backup important infos (contacts... etc) and do factory format or wipe all data via stock recovery.

Guest cryptoncore

This problem could do synchronization, and refreshing apps, autoupdating apps from google play... all in the same time.

Phone could be laggy when this happened and when is using so much, could freeze totally due the low RAM... Maybe it is overheating cpu too...

My advice:

- disable all useless app synchronization (GP, sync, emails) and watch it if any improvement. If not...

- backup important infos (contacts... etc) and do factory format or wipe all data via stock recovery.

App Sync is disabled.

Guest dalyer

@Dalyer I clearly mentioned above that it is running stock ICS (Voda) so it doesn't have a custom kernel to overclock with...

You can overclock stock ROMs with an appropriate kernel and you never said that you didn't have one so I wasn't assuming anything...

http://www.modaco.co...dated-07022013/

Edited by dalyer

Guest u8815-15

Have you changed Kernel settings. From my experience .In the kernel settings you can change the time waiting period when it encounters an error. But I wouldn't mess with kernel settings, unless you know what your doing.