MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Please help me to fix my WI-FI

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hello ,, I have a Huawei G300 phone and I have a question about it ..

After I made a Root I noticed that when turning Wi-Fi on it takes about 30 seconds and then shows me an " Error" then when I press it again it works and communicates with the Internet Router!

What is the solution to this problem ???

Posted · Report post

I too am experiencing post-root problems with my G510. It keeps dropping the connection and I have to turn off and turn on wi-fi. I am beginning to suspect that the root exploit has some 'instability' as this is the second time I have rooted with the same problems beginning to creep back.

Posted · Report post

What version of android you on? Also have you unlocked the phone if so how did you do it?

Posted · Report post

What version of android you on? Also have you unlocked the phone if so how did you do it?

I think this means have you unlocked the BOOTLOADER and if so how did you do it?

Basically you need to post a lot more info about what ROM is running on the phone and what unlocking/hacking steps you took to date.

Posted · Report post

Have you tried wiping the cache and dalvik cache?

Posted · Report post

I use GB 2.3.6 official ROM i did not inistalled any custom Rom before .. .. I bought the phone unloked ... when phone starts it givs me Huawei logo .. I cleared the cache and still same problem but i do not know what is the dalvik cache ! & how to clear it ?

Posted · Report post

I use GB 2.3.6 official ROM i did not inistalled any custom Rom before .. .. I bought the phone unloked ... when phone starts it givs me Huawei logo .. I cleared the cache and still same problem but i do not know what is the dalvik cache ! & how to clear it ?

The dalvik cache is basically a list of things that apps need and depend on, it helps to clear it if you ever have problems.

Do you have CWM recovery?

To find out if you do, turn off the phone and take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and then put it back in and then hold the volume up key and then the power button, and keep holding it until you get to a screen, If you have the stock recovery, you should see a screen like this:post-1000829-0-65906200-1375478983_thumb

The last option should be

Touchscreen Firmware Update 

If it looks different, then you have a non stock recovery.

If you go to the animated boot screen, try again :)

If you have the stock recovery, then follow this guide on how to flash CWM.

Ignore the part after the :excl: symbols.

Now, go into mounts and storage, and then go to wipe Dalvik Cache.

Then scroll to Yes. Use the volume buttons to scroll and the home button to select.

Hope that helps :)

Posted · Report post

Ok.. i have the stock recovery ... but there will be a problem if i installed CWM recovery ,,, this will void the phone warranty ! :(

I wonder if i can restore my stock recovery if i installed CWM ?

Posted · Report post

Ok.. i have the stock recovery ... but there will be a problem if i installed CWM recovery ,,, this will void the phone warranty ! :(

I wonder if i can restore my stock recovery if i installed CWM ?

Can't you always force restore stock B952 if necessary (e.g. you have to return the phone for some reason)?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Posted · Report post

But this link is for ICS not GB !

and i did not understand what you mean by stock B952 ?!

sorry but i am new with this phone :unsure:

Posted · Report post

But this link is for ICS not GB !

and i did not understand what you mean by stock B952 ?!

sorry but i am new with this phone :unsure:

He means that this is the link that you will use incase something happens to your phone. This will reset everything on your phone to the default ICS or Android Icecreamsandwhich 4.0.

Posted · Report post

But when i bought the phone it was on android 2.3.6 Rom ,, and when i use this link to update it will make it android 4.0 !

so the question is : when update from GB to ICS manually in home is this voids the warranty ?

Also some says that the G300 using GB is smoother than using it with ICS and this makes me uncomfortable to upgrade !

Posted (edited) · Report post

Posted · Report post

But when i bought the phone it was on android 2.3.6 Rom ,, and when i use this link to update it will make it android 4.0 !

so the question is : when update from GB to ICS manually in home is this voids the warranty ?

Also some says that the G300 using GB is smoother than using it with ICS and this makes me uncomfortable to upgrade !

It will not void the warranty, as it is an official stock ROM. Also you can always downgrade to Gingerbread again after you upgrade.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your help and the usefull links friends ,,,

but i did not understand what does B883 or B886 means ?

Do you know where to get official android 2.3.x Roms for G300 ? Especially that I live in the middle east not europe. I saw many of 2.3.x roms but it was for UK versions or spain or.... or ... !

BXXX are the version numbers of Huawei stock ROMs.

B8XX ROMs are Gingerbread 2.3.* ROMs.

B9XX ROMs are Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.* ROMs.

If you want GB then why not use AtomicMod?

http://www.modaco.co...baseband-gbics/

However you can get several different stock ROMs (either original update.app packages or CWM/TWRP repack ZIPs) from this forum and elsewhere if you search/Google.

The "UK" version of a stock ROM may also support other languages - I'm not sure.

Edit: not sure if this list (e.g. "unbranded" stock GB) is of any use?

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-custom-roms-stock-roms/

Hope this helps,

Edited by dalyer

Yes sure it helps .... now what is the best for me to fix my wi-fi is it :

1-install CWM recovery ?

or

2-install a Gingerbread stock Rom ?

& if i installed stock rom it will be un-rooted ... & when i do the root the same problem could occur again !

Edited by aimanmahir

If I was you I'd consider installing CWM and then AtomicMod (or a CWM repack zip of a stock GB which I presume can be found elsewhere) and see if the wifi problem goes away.

http://www.modaco.co...baseband-gbics/

But I'm not really sure what you want to do.

Edited by dalyer

Posted · Report post

I tried installing CWM as in the link that MR.george 109 told me to follow it... but when i try to enter the recovery mood by pressing : vol+ & power button i get stuck in hwawei logo and the LED color is yellow !,,, no CWM options appears !

what to do ?

Posted · Report post

I tried installing CWM as in the link that MR.george 109 told me to follow it... but when i try to enter the recovery mood by pressing : vol+ & power button i get stuck in hwawei logo and the LED color is yellow !,,, no CWM options appears !

what to do ?

Have you unlocked your bootloader? If you haven't then try my tutorial from the start, and if you don't understand anything, just ask me :)

Posted · Report post

I made everything that you rote .. but i was getting stuck after writing : fastboot oem get-bootinfo

it shows :

just 3 points !

Posted · Report post

I made everything that you rote .. but i was getting stuck after writing : fastboot oem get-bootinfo

it shows :

just 3 points !

Is the phone in fastboot mode, and have you installed the drivers?