Wildfire stuck in bootloop, successfully access fastboot what now?

Guest Haxorg

Guest Haxorg

Hi i have a HTC Wildfire that I thought i would repair for a friend, i've managed to get to fastboot through power+volume down, it says that the device is S-OFF, what do i do next?

If its a rom i have to install, i would prefer to install the stock sense rom (or if there is a custom sense rom for android 4.0 or 4.1 that would be awesome, but i doubt that so a 2.3 sense rom would be cool :) ).

thanks for your help in advance.

Guest Haxorg

OK, when i boot into recovery, i get a picture of a phone with a red exclamation mark and nothing else, however when i try and flash a recovery through fastboot the above error occurs, i have no idea if this device has an unlocked bootloader but it is S-OFF

Guest Haxorg
Is it really S-off cause normally s-off devices should have a 6. ,0.8 Or 1.6 and something hboot? I cant look on my wf now cause im on vacation :)

But with this hboot ruu should normally work. Are you flashing the 2.2 ruu?

If everything doesnt work s-off it again with revolutionary and see what happens

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't think i clarified this properly, but i found this phone at my friends house in a cupboard and it was broken, so i don't know its history, but according to him the phone has been unlocked from 3 UK to any network by one of those mobile phone shops, and after a year or so of use, the phone randomly got stuck in a bootloop one day.

here is a screenshot of the bootloader:

p03JKdT.jpg