Building my own ROM...

Guest thebuell

Guest kieranswhite

Well it depends if your modifying a ROM which is easier but building one from source takes longer and might be harder but I haven't tried the latter myself. Linux is usually the preferred os for developers as far as I know :P

Guest kyan31

Well, if you are just modifying the build, and you want to do simple modifications like ui changes, performance tweaks etc, you can just pretty much follow these steps:

1. Find a ROM

2. Unzip the contents into a work folder

3. Start making your ROM

4. When done, zip it back up

5. Using a tool, zipalign and sign the ROMs contents.

That should be the very basic steps. This is what we call ROM modding, or cooking.

Guest daredj

I'll ask here in order to not open another dev thread. I'm compiling CM10.2 from sources (for remember how to do it... i was a rom-maker on Galaxy Ace forums)

I'm having some troubles with audio libs. I can't continue at this point:

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface* android_audio_legacy::createAudioHardware()':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:4288:30: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware'

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:182:7: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:347:29: note:     virtual android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamOut* android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface::openOutputStream(uint32_t, audio_output_flags_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android::status_t*)

make: *** [/home/cristo/android/out/target/product/u8815/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.u8815_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

true

Somebody knows wgat's happening... it's the first time that i see this error :S

Guest kyan31
I'll ask here in order to not open another dev thread. I'm compiling CM10.2 from sources (for remember how to do it... i was a rom-maker on Galaxy Ace forums)

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface* android_audio_legacy::createAudioHardware()':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:4288:30: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware'

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:182:7: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:347:29: note:     virtual android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamOut* android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareInterface::openOutputStream(uint32_t, audio_output_flags_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android::status_t*)

make: *** [/home/cristo/android/out/target/product/u8815/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.u8815_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

true

Who's sources are you using?

Guest kyan31

Im with dazzo sources... maybe some changes at his github?

I actually asked him on IRC if I could compile 4.3 with his source for personal use, but he said no as he has not released it himself. He also said it would probably be hard to even get it working.

If you want to attempt to compile, ask Dazzozo first for permission and maybe even help. Join the IRC channel below to contact him:

#huawei-g300[/code]

Guest telonius

true

Not on my pc so I'm gonna tell you from what i remember.

Goto AudioHardwareInterface.h snd there is somewhere a line audio output t_flags comment that out. Or even better check out Dazzozo patches.

Guest daredj

I actually asked him on IRC if I could compile 4.3 with his source for personal use, but he said no as he has not released it himself. He also said it would probably be hard to even get it working.

If you want to attempt to compile, ask Dazzozo first for permission and maybe even help. Join the IRC channel below to contact him:

#huawei-g300[/code]

Where is the address for connect to the irc?

I'll try to contact him

Guest daredj

I talkeg with dazzo, unknow problem for him too...

Not on my pc so I'm gonna tell you from what i remember.

Goto AudioHardwareInterface.h snd there is somewhere a line audio output t_flags comment that out. Or even better check out Dazzozo patches.

I tried to change it, but problem persists... I hope that you can help when you have your PC near :S

Guest daredj

Damn maybe I didn't noticed that i was using jellybean branch of CM instead cm-10.1

syncing repo and I'll se if works now... what a noob fail :P