should i buy another orange san diego,please help me choice

Guest leepeter197924

Guest leepeter197924

i bought a orange san diego 6 month ago, happy with the phone at 70 pound with 60 pound top up,but hate the lock system no upgrade ,some game apps cant use,and orange had the worth payasugo deal around,other than that im happy with the phone fast enought for daily use.

now need another phone for mrs orange san diego -50 +10 pound or nokia lumia 520 -80 pound or huawei y300 -70pound. please help me choice!!!!

Guest glossywhite

i bought a orange san diego 6 month ago, happy with the phone at 70 pound with 60 pound top up,but hate the lock system no upgrade ,some game apps cant use,and orange had the worth payasugo deal around,other than that im happy with the phone fast enought for daily use.

now need another phone for mrs orange san diego -50 +10 pound or nokia lumia 520 -80 pound or huawei y300 -70pound. please help me choice!!!!

You'll have a job - it was discontinued.

Guest leepeter197924

You'll have a job - it was discontinued.

yea,i know thats why its so cheap right.

if i can find one whould you think orange san diego is the choice

Edited by leepeter197924

Guest markhuges

yea,i know thats why its so cheap right.

if i can find one would you think orange san diego is the choice

Orange San Diego is Much better than Y300, more smoother, and faster powerful processor,, 1gb ram vs 512mb, is big difference. Also, don't forget the 10 gb Internal storage! Compared to a mer 1gb storage on Y300. ( I own them both) Jelly bean, and ICS there isn't a Massive difference between them. What apps, does you Mrs, need? Test them first, on your OSD and then see,

Guest Biohead

I'd say the Lumia. WP is a really quick operating system and very intuitive for first time users. The hardware itself is really good quality too, not like pretty much all the cheaper Android handsets I've played with.

Guest leepeter197924

Just get yourself an iPhone 4/4S and be satisfied, in my view. Parting with cash for this phone is a mistake.

way too much than 50 pound orange san diego

Guest leepeter197924

I'd say the Lumia. WP is a really quick operating system and very intuitive for first time users. The hardware itself is really good quality too, not like pretty much all the cheaper Android handsets I've played with.

lumia 520 no front camera and no flash light...

Guest leepeter197924

Orange San Diego is Much better than Y300, more smoother, and faster powerful processor,, 1gb ram vs 512mb, is big difference. Also, don't forget the 10 gb Internal storage! Compared to a mer 1gb storage on Y300. ( I own them both) Jelly bean, and ICS there isn't a Massive difference between them. What apps, does you Mrs, need? Test them first, on your OSD and then see,

is it y300 that bad ,is it realy lagging,i know it is lagging on hd movies ,but how is web browser and apps with 512ram

Guest glossywhite

Get anything BUT an iMug iPhone...

I find it amusingly baffling, that people see phones that are cheap junk from the day they were made, as "amazing value", and yet, an iPhone which is coming on 4 YEARS old, is still working perfectly AND has been updated every year with the latest OS, which hold their value and appeal massively and are still in great demand, as phones made for "mugs" - it just doesn't make ANY sense. It's okay to like something and be a fan of it, but that doesn't mean you automatically obliged to deny facts, and "hate" anything which isn't that platform.

I do not "hate" Android, I merely prefer iOS and the iPhone because I feel they are superior in every way - but Android is still very amazing. However, the San Diego is just appallingly made rubbish - if it were anything except that, there'd not have been SO many quality issues and complaints, neither would Orange have quietly discontinued it.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest i am not a hacker

You can't just have a polite, civil discussion?

Ok.

You don't make it seem civil at all. Please don't reply, don't even reply as an acknowledgement, please just do as all a favour and don't post.

Guest glossywhite

You don't make it seem civil at all. Please don't reply, don't even reply as an acknowledgement, please just do as all a favour and don't post.

Why would I want to do anyone a "favour"? If people don't like my views, DON'T REPLY - quite easy really. I'll post whenever I like, with respect.

Guest markhuges

is it y300 that bad ,is it realy lagging,i know it is lagging on hd movies ,but how is web browser and apps with 512ram

What do you want your mrs phone to do? What exactly are the NEEDS?

My views OSD vs Y300

OSD

Good: Faster, Powerful, Better Screen, 1080p recording, Most apps, play fine, Massive Storage, Thinner compared to Y300

But: Very poorly built/quality, compared to Y300, No removable battery, and lower battery compared to y300.

Y300, is better built IMO, in terms of quality and strength.

--- Y300, Will lag, if you consider playing HD movies, opening 3 - 5 apps, then it will LAG. OSD i can open around 7-10+ wont find lagg,

If, you want to "BASIC" web browse it will be okay, and if you get rid of the huwaiwe junk, and use nova launcher it will improve it ALOT.

But ultimatelyy, ask yourself this,Powerful and mighty but poorly build or Reliable and strong and Basic. I personally, would go for the Y300, even though i am a power user, i still feel, my OSD is on its last legs, just after a mere, 9 months.

Also it doesnt have the full 512mb RAM.

It has only 393mb RAM for apps, ( rest is reserved for GPU and hardware)

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Here we go again with glossywhite........ yawn sleepy......

B

Glossywhite you tarnish the reputation of this wonderful and tech respected community.Pls part with your views elsewhere. You have repeatedly contribute nothing useful and you always tend to start arguments over petty things. You ruin the forum and really makes me sick that I don't want to return and I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

Please depart for good and I hope you annoy another forum such as slatedroid or even another respected forum like XDA.

Farewell Strange being

;)

Guest glossywhite

Here we go again with glossywhite........ yawn sleepy......

B

Glossywhite you tarnish the reputation of this wonderful and tech respected community.Pls part with your views elsewhere. You have repeatedly contribute nothing useful and you always tend to start arguments over petty things. You ruin the forum and really makes me sick that I don't want to return and I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

Please depart for good and I hope you annoy another forum such as slatedroid or even another respected forum like XDA.

Farewell Strange being

;)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest McrRed

Too many quad core, 1gb phones around for less than £100 at the moment.

I was a San Fran devotee for a couple of years but here are much better to be had now.

Got myself a Lenovo A820 - it's a fantastic phone. Cost me £92. Some have said they can get it even cheaper.

Got my daughter a Nokia Lumia 520, also a very good phone.

Guest markhuges

Too many quad core, 1gb phones around for less than £100 at the moment.

I was a San Fran devotee for a couple of years but here are much better to be had now.

Got myself a Lenovo A820 - it's a fantastic phone. Cost me £92. Some have said they can get it even cheaper.

Got my daughter a Nokia Lumia 520, also a very good phone.

Where did you get that from £92. Could you post a lik thanks link