[DEAD] Don't post to this thread!

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

There's been several reports that some devices suffer from "blue screen" issue with custom JB ROMs. This is something that I've never been able to reproduce on my device so I don't know how to properly describe it. Apparently you'll see a blue screen before your device reboots itself.

Post logs (logcat & dmesg) and information about your device's software/hardware to this thread. Please do not clutter this thread with 'me too' and 'pls fix' posts. If you can't produce any useful information, it only means that you are part of the problem - not part of the solution.

Because only some devices suffer from this issue there must be some difference between devices!

1) Software

• What is your stock firmware version? ('Build number' under Settings -> About phone in stock ROM = ro.build.display.id in system/build.prop, e.g ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B08)
  • Have you received/installed any official updates?
  • When/where did you purchase your device?
  • Is your device SIM locked?

I bought mine here in Finland in January and it was sold with B08 firmware. Official firmware/updates also contain radio/modem firmware and bootloaders that remain unchanged no matter which custom ROM you install after that.
    • Has anyone tried to revert to official B08 firmware?

Proprietary files in JB ROMs are pulled from B10 firmware (except Adreno blobs are from N880E JB and camera libs are from Acqua). Everything besides Adreno blobs should be replaceable. I guess it's also possible that some proprietary file is missing that some newer radio/modem needs.

[*]Has anyone tried to replace proprietary files from your stock firmware to match the radio/modem on your device?

2) Hardware

Most interesting is of course the display panel. In Terminal Emulator or 'adb shell':

cat /proc/msm_lcd
      Other hardware information might also be useful as well as dmesgs from booting.

cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information
      cat sys/devices/system/camera/camera0/name[/code]

You can also get some hardware information by dialing *983*24474636 (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#) using stock firmware.

[b]Workaround[/b]

Current suggested workaround is to set your device's CPU governor to performance, which keeps the CPU locked to the highest frequency. This reduces the amount of reboots and makes this issue even stranger.

Guest Krisz741

1) Software

• What is your stock firmware version? 4.0.4
  • Have you received/installed any official updates? Yes
  • When/where did you purchase your device? May 17,this year. At a phone store,called Extreme Digital
  • Is your device SIM locked? Nope.

2) Hardware

• Panel: zteTRULY_LG(RG1408)_480*800_4.0Inch
    • The TS information stuff
      Manufacturer : Synaptics
      chip type : S2202(0x32)
      sensor partner : Success(0x33)
      FW Revision 0B
      update flag : 0x0
    • The camera name
    • 0V5640-5.0Mp-AF

BTW the performance grovenor doesn't help anything,there will be still restarts,but less.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Krisz741

Guest KonstaT

Thanks.

What is your stock firmware version? 4.0.4

When/where did you purchase your device? May 17,this year. At a phone store,called Extreme Digital

I meant something in lines of e.g. ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B08 (ro.build.display.id in system/build.prop). 'Build number' under Settings -> About phone in stock ROM.

Country?

Panel: zteTRULY_LG(RG1408)_480*800_4.0Inch

zteTRULY_LG(R61408)_480*800_4.0Inch? That's what I have.

Guest Krisz741

Thanks.

I meant something in lines of e.g. ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B08 (ro.build.display.id in system/build.prop). 'Build number' under Settings -> About phone in stock ROM.

Country?

zteTRULY_LG(R61408)_480*800_4.0Inch? That's what I have.

Yeah,i have that panel too,i writed it down wrong.

The country is Hungary

And i will post the build number in minutes,i need to install the stock rom.

Got it : ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B12

Edited by Krisz741

Guest KonstaT

And i will post the build number in minutes,i need to install the stock rom.

Got it : ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B12

Again, I meant the original firmware version. The one your device was sold with. Afaik there's no devices sold with B12 firmware.

Apparently you just installed the latest generic update. That counts as yes to the 'Have you received/installed any official updates?' question.

Guest Krisz741

Again, I meant the original firmware version. The one your device was sold with.

Apparently you just installed the latest generic update. That counts as yes to the 'Have you received/installed any official updates?' question. Afaik there's no devices sold with B12 firmware.

Okay,how can i revert it back to the stock?

Guest bamdad

What is your stock firmware version? ('Build number' under Settings -> About phone in stock ROM = ro.build.display.id in system/build.prop, e.g ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B08)

does stock rom have to be the original one, or is aurora okay?

Guest KonstaT

does stock rom have to be the original one, or is aurora okay?

It is necessary to know the version of the original stock ROM (or if you've used any official updates) because it equals the version of the radio/modem firmware and bootloaders on your device. There is no way to verify what modem you currently have on your device.

Guest fleky

Hi!

I have almost the same specification of Krisz, but i had B08(ICS_P772N10V1.0B08 (sold with that, and there is not any newer released by telenor afaik)) hungarian telenor stock rom, and it was sim locked. Everything else is identical.

The performance gov stops rebooting for me.

Edited by fleky

Guest bamdad

It is necessary to know the version of the original stock ROM (or if you've used any official updates) because it equals the version of the radio/modem firmware and bootloaders on your device. There is no way to verify what modem you currently have on your device.

well, i remember that i haven't installed any stock updates, and i got the device with a two-year plan in may at telenor hungary, and it is indeed sim locked. sadly, i do not have a cwm backup of the factory rom (threw it away when i tried aurora ; )). i can re-flash the one from the stock rom thread, but that probably won't help much..

if you think the info from the 'hardware' section helps, i'll post it right away.

(just a thought: is everyone with blue screen issues from hungary?)

Edited by bamdad

Guest fleky

(just a thought: is everyone with blue screen issues from hungary?)

Okay, now we have something in common.

Edited by fleky

Guest Snowscape

Okay, now we have something in common.

Well, it seems we do not. Poland here. As far as I remember my phone came with B03 software, but I'm going to post all the informations requested by Konstat in an hour or two, because I need my phone to be disposable now. Then I'm going to update my stock firmware, install CM10 and see if it fixes the issue.

EDIT

My phone's specs:

• stock firmware version - PLAY_P772N10V1.0.0B03
  • I didn't get any update of the firmware
  • I purchased this device in Poland in Play store (no, not the Google's one) somewhere in May.
  • The device isn't simlocked.
  • LCD panel - zteTRULY_LG(R61408)_480*800_4.0Inch
  • TS Information:

Manufacturer: Synaptics

Chip type: S2202(0x32)

Sensor partner: Success(0x33)

FW Revision: 0B

Update flag: 0x0

• Camera: OV5640-5.0Mp-AF
    • WiFi: Atheros AR_6005
    • BT: Qualcomm
Edited by Snowscape

Guest bamdad

My phone's specs:

• TS Information:

Manufacturer: Synaptics

Chip type: S2202(0x32)

Sensor partner: Success(0x33)

FW Revision: 0B

Update flag: 0x0

• Camera: OV5640-5.0Mp-AF

exactly the same here, aside from what i've mentioned in my previous post. since i don't have the original rom, is there any other way to determine my firmware version?

Edited by bamdad

Guest boros2222

Konstat, I also have this issue. I'm from phone now. I will post the sample later.

I installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernell and it reboots just like JB but without blue screen. I set the processor governor to performance and the same, no reboots. I think it's about the midified kernell. Can't JB use stock kernell? That may help.

Guest KonstaT

Konstat, I also have this issue. I'm from phone now. I will post the sample later.

I installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernell and it reboots just like JB but without blue screen. I set the processor governor to performance and the same, no reboots. I think it's about the midified kernell. Can't JB use stock kernell? That may help.

OK, this might be interesting if it actually made any sense. What custom kernel for Aurora Borealis?

Aurora Berealis comes with a custom kernel by default. It has a stock kernel as an add-on. Are you talking about these kernels? Are you talking about some other kernel? Where is the source code for this kernel?

Guest Snowscape

Do anyone who suffer from reboots have this issue? My device often reboots when a signal of my mobile network is weak, governor doesn't matter. It happens when I press the power button to turn the screen on. Nothing happens, only button's backlight light up and after a while, BANG, reboot. Yesterday I was in the suburbs, where the signal was weak and I couldn't start up my phone for about 3 hours.

I don't want to litter this thread with a different problem, but I'm just curious if it's connected with blue screen issue, because it wasn't happening in CM9 and stock.

Guest bamdad

Do anyone who suffer from reboots have this issue? My device often reboots when a signal of my mobile network is weak, governor doesn't matter. It happens when I press the power button to turn the screen on. Nothing happens, only button's backlight light up and after a while, BANG, reboot. Yesterday I was in the suburbs, where the signal was weak and I couldn't start up my phone for about 3 hours.

I don't want to litter this thread with a different problem, but I'm just curious if it's connected with blue screen issue, because it wasn't happening in CM9 and stock.

i suspect that's something unrelated. i've never experienced reboots related to network signal strength, and using the performance governor is a stable workaround. also, i've had the blue screen problem with cm9 too.

Guest peetu20

Got just bluescreen today, first one(If I remember right)

So here we go:

When the bluescreen appeared speaker just piiped very noisy, and sounds like fire alarm(I dont know good english alternative for that word :P )

But heres all information(should be) whats needed:

Filmware: ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B09

Have I installed any official updates? No, I installed custom rom after using stock about hour :D

Simlock: No

Hw information:

cat /proc/touchscreen/ts_information:

Manufacturer : Synaptics

chip type : S2202(0x32)

sensor partner : Success(0x33)

FW Revision : 0B

update flag : 0x0

cat sys/devices/system/camera/camera0/name:

OV5640-5.0Mp-AF

If some more information is needed, I will do what I can. Bluescreen isnt nothing kind of problem for me, as long I get random reboot once in two weeks, but I know that theres several guys, who are really suffering it, so I just wanted to help bit ;)

Edited by peetu20

I have this bluescreen and freezing broblem, stock fimware was B08,I bought the phone a few weeks ago by Elisa shopit, in Finland.I need to use Performance Mode, the phone will not get stuck in cm10.1 But look at this: http://aijaa.com/ct97iD quick system info pro, does not recognize the bootloader and radio at all, is this normal?

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Got just bluescreen today, first one(If I remember right)

Please don't clutter this thread with irrelevant information! This issue is not something that happens once in three months or is related to low signal. Reboot happens almost instantly when something other than performance governor is used.

I have this bluescreen and freezing broblem, stock fimware was B08,I bought the phone a few weeks ago by Elisa shopit, in Finland.I need to use Performance Mode, the phone will not get stuck in cm10.1 But look at this: http://aijaa.com/ct97iD quick system info pro, does not recognize the bootloader and radio at all, is this normal?

Internet message boards are awesome. :P This thread isn't even a page long and still people can't bother to read it. Why do you think I need to ask if there was some other way of knowing?

Guest KonstaT

Konstat, there isnt other kernell. I'm talking about what is in Aurora Borealis.

So you're saying that reboots on other than performance governor ("blue screen" is irrelevant here) also happen on Aurora Borealis? I was under the impression that it didn't. Or haven't people just noticed because ZTE stock ROMs default to performance governor?

Could someone please verify this finding ASAP.

Guest Snowscape

I only asked if it might be somehow related to the blue screen issue which I also suffer from. An symptom not mentioned by anyone yet. I don't see anything bad in my question. Anyway I have been running stock on on-demand governor (I checked it with an appropriate app) and no reboots at all. 100% stable rom. Imo this is not an issue that can be overlooked. However I always thought the default governor was on-demand. Could be wrong though.

Guest KonstaT

I only asked if it might be somehow related to the blue screen issue which I also suffer from. An symptom not mentioned by anyone yet. I don't see anything bad in my question. Anyway I have been running stock on on-demand governor (I checked it with an appropriate app) and no reboots at all. 100% stable rom. Imo this is not an issue that can be overlooked. However I always thought the default governor was on-demand. Could be wrong though.

Stock ROMs default to performance governor (actually CM10/10.1/10.2 also boots with performance but the default is changed to ondemand on init). If you're running unrooted stock, there's no way to change that. Anyway, I'm not interested in stock ROM behavior.

I was asking if this issue (reboot using other than performance governor, "blue screen" is irrelevant) can be replicated with the custom kernel that comes with Aurora Borealis by default?

In my case Aurora Borealis was stable because cpu won't go below 1ghz (even if govenor was on demand , tested with cpu z app). JB roms with this setting run without reboots too.

Edited by Korys