Problem with dial pad not appearing when a call starts

Guest infobleep

Guest infobleep

Thanks to all those who posted up comments and videos on replacing digitiser screens. I wouldn't have been able to repair my phone with them. As I found, the phone doesn't like being dropped face down on concrete pavement. Interestingly the cracks were many but none went all the way through.

On an unrelated note, I am now having a reoccurrence of a problem that use to occur. I am finding that when I make a phone call, the dial pad does not appear. I cannot do anything at all. The phone only returns to normal if the call is cut off from the other end or automatically cut off by my network provider, O2.

My phone use to do this in the past when I was running the official ICS. Now I'm running Badu, v27 I believe, which uses JellyBean. Could it be a lack of app memory? I have some apps on the SD card via Link2SD but I've not moved them all yet and the app memory is low.

Could it be some app I've installed? I kind of doubt that because I'd not installed any apps since repairing the phone and the problem occurring, since the problem occurred as soon as I had fixed my phone.

I have the same problem when memory it's full. Priority isn't given to the dialer, or it takes a while to offload what's running. Very frustrating. I'm on stock+.

Solution is to keep less running. The latest Facebook app just won't not run, even with all notifications off. Uninstalling that almost, on its own, fixed my problem. I try to keep stuff running to a minimum, as we have to with 512 ram on 4+. Mostly the phone responds fantastically well, thanks to the tweaks found here.

Edited by fr0do

Guest george109
Thanks to all those who posted up comments and videos on replacing digitiser screens. I wouldn't have been able to repair my phone with them. As I found, the phone doesn't like being dropped face down on concrete pavement. Interestingly the cracks were many but none went all the way through.

On an unrelated note, I am now having a reoccurrence of a problem that use to occur. I am finding that when I make a phone call, the dial pad does not appear. I cannot do anything at all. The phone only returns to normal if the call is cut off from the other end or automatically cut off by my network provider, O2.

My phone use to do this in the past when I was running the official ICS. Now I'm running Badu, v27 I believe, which uses JellyBean. Could it be a lack of app memory? I have some apps on the SD card via Link2SD but I've not moved them all yet and the app memory is low.

Could it be some app I've installed? I kind of doubt that because I'd not installed any apps since repairing the phone and the problem occurring, since the problem occurred as soon as I had fixed my phone.

If you go home, press the options button, then press manage apps, and then go accross to running, how much memory is free?

Also hold the home button and then you will see all of your recent apps. Press the button at the top with 2 blocks, and that should close them.

Guest Soffit

I've had the problem on a new phone with np apps installed. Get onto a company they say press a number to select an option but there's no pad, just the finish call screen. Also wont accept my wireless network: "Verification problem" not impressed with phone so far.

Guest dalyer

I've had the problem on a new phone with np apps installed. Get onto a company they say press a number to select an option but there's no pad, just the finish call screen.

You mean no button on the in call screen to pop up the dialer pad? E.g. screenshot on the left is the an Android Gingerbread in call screen with the dialer pad button near the bottom right of the screen while the one on the right is the Android ICS in call screen with the dialer pad button near the bottom left of the screen...

wm__0001s_0009_Layer61.jpg

Also wont accept my wireless network: "Verification problem" not impressed with phone so far.

Do you mean "authentication problem"? Are you absolutely sure that you are entering the correct wifi details for your wireless LAN/router?

Is your router up to date with the latest firmware?

What ROM are you running on your G300?

Edited by dalyer

Guest infobleep

Thanks for your replies. It's good to know I'm not alone with this.

In my manage apps I currently have 323mb free, with 433mb in use. I do have quite a few apps open of course.

However I have put all the apps on my SD card using link2SD so I was kind of hoping that would deal with the problem but I guess a lot of apps are using the internal memory elsewhere.

I had a month recently where I had a large amount of my 500MB 3g data left and instead of letting it go to waste, I redownloaded a lot of apps I'd previously downloaded before upgrading to Badu. On my O2 data plan I cannot carry out unused data allowance and they don't charge you if you go over your limit, just throttle your speed. That's fine with me because I'll never be over charged and I can make sure all my data is used each month. Throttling isn't to bad either because I can at least look up the train times, which as a commuter is very useful.

I will go through and delete those apps I'm not using.