Phone becomes laggy with some websites..

Guest lenottero

Guest lenottero

Hello guys!

I noticed a strange problem. When I visit some websites using every kind of browser (even opera mini) the phone becomes very laggy... for example if I visit this website the browser starts to be slow and when I go back to home screen the system is very laggy for 6-7 seconds... Why? I'm running cyanogenmod 7. Thank you in advance.

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

The sites you mean are probably written in HTML5. Our phone is not one of those phones people care about and we only receive generic android support for compatible apps. HTML5 is modern web technology and adapting it do different browsers on older devices could be a pain in the ass (Even a simple HTML5 form I have recently written is a bit laggy on my Liquid MT). If you want good performance either install as many performance tweaks as you can or buy a high-end phone.

Simply using CM7 does not provide performance magic. The main reason developers and end-users install CyanogenMod is because it is more tweakable than any AOSP ROM.

Guest lenottero

The sites you mean are probably written in HTML5. Our phone is not one of those phones people care about and we only receive generic android support for compatible apps. HTML5 is modern web technology and adapting it do different browsers on older devices could be a pain in the ass (Even a simple HTML5 form I have recently written is a bit laggy on my Liquid MT). If you want good performance either install as many performance tweaks as you can or buy a high-end phone.

Simply using CM7 does not provide performance magic. The main reason developers and end-users install CyanogenMod is because it is more tweakable than any AOSP ROM.

I see, thank you very much for your clear answer, now I understood ;) So it's the HTML5 which can give some problems on older devices like Acer Liquid Mt... At the start I thought it was only a problem of mine, but after your explanation I changed idea ;) The first thing I was noticed is that, after I visited websites like the one I mentioned, there's a continuos process restarting of some apps like maps and the high cpu usage... and I don't use any task killer because I know they are useless ;) As for cm7 I said that I'm running it just for info, not because I expected that cm7 makes become our Acer Liquid Metal like a Galaxy S3 (even though cyanogen7+other tweaks really improve its performance)... it's obvious ;)

By the way I bet one of the reason of the lag which I encountered is the lack of hardware acceleration of gb device like metal... it would help a lot. By the way thanks, I just wanted to know the reason and now I don't have any doubt ;)

Edited by lenottero