Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

I just got a system update for the GPe ROM. I know that I can't update but what is that update for?

I got that update too. Have you already installed it? If so, Is everything working?

Can anyone confirm that this update is ok to install?

Guest nEUTRon666

Is you going to remember us on the Galaxy S4 Switch?

Because you have been updating the HTC three times more then S4 and there are some updates for the S4, and problems..

I'm a little bit concerned too. There's not much activity here....

Guest Sabin Andrei

Hello, last night i bought a silver account for the switch, so i followed the steps, installed it, but the wifi on touchwiz was not working, i decided to retry the steps cause i thought it was a bad flash, so i did, wiped and factory reset, gone to download mode, tryed to flash the stock firmware, and it fails, cant flash the stock firmware now, even with the pit.. it fails at authentification every time, but i can flash cwm recovery. So, now im stucked with cwm. Any solutions so i can go atleast to stock samsung firmware? tryed other usb port, rebooting, even other PC, same thing, only cwm recovery works flashing

Edited by Sabin Andrei

Guest RyanBrooks

Did u make a backup? If so you should restore it. I would also recommend installing philz touch recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2281367 and then try flashing switch. For a wifi fix check out http://d-h.st/users/DjeMBeY/?fld_id=16262#files download the one that corresponds with your firmware and flash via Odin as Phone. I dont know why Odin wont let you flash Stock firmware. Maybe try to wipe everything from recovery and update odin if you can and try again... goodluck

Edited by RyanBrooks

So, I don't know if anyone's brought this up before and I'm not trying to be rude here but, there's an app (THAT WORKS WITH EVERY S4 VARIANT) that does exactly what switch does (and will soon support three roms at once). What I want to know is why does this even exist? Switch is (currently) a paid app that only works (barely) with touchwiz+aosp (Patcher supports lots of other combos) roms, requires a complicated (possibly dangerous) procedure and only supports one model of the S4.. Besides, Galaxy S4 support on this forum is virtually 0!

So, can anybody tell me why this exists? Besides the obvious fundraising and the joy the Dev(s) might get out of this? It's not like we actually need it.. Oh and the other app is free.. However I will actually be "funding" patcher..

Guest adam1000rr

I just read the OP and Paul actually called it a "unique concept".. At least be honest man :/

Patcher does not share data AFAIK. It dual boots 2 (3?) ROMs but each has it's own set of data.

Switch shares data so what you have in TW you also find in GPe.

P.s. You also have to consider Patcher was started using inspiration from using Paul's Switch and came at a much later date.

Edited by adam1000rr

Guest roanitas

Hello

Big Bounty !

Big holliday ? one month without update. this is a joke?

it's not cool

i going to Patcher or you working on update?

Tanks in advance for answer ;-)

Bye

Guest nEUTRon666

Could anyone pm me with a link to this "patcher" project ? Really disappointed here, joined his club with silver membership and thought this is something really amazing, but it seem's Paul discontinued it...

Guest Sergiu Popescu

Hi All,

Ā 

sorry but could please uploadĀ the Switch.S4.Bet1.part1 file somewhere else? I really tried during several ocasions to download it and it's not coming... all I get is an error that states I don't have enough room on my computer, although I really have a couple hundred GBytes free on the destination drive and almost 100 GB free on the main (system) drive. I tried using Firefox/Chrome ... same result

Ā 

Thank you for understanding

Patcher does not share data AFAIK. It dual boots 2 (3?) ROMs but each has it's own set of data.

P.s. You also have to consider Patcher was started using inspiration from using Paul's Switch and came at a much later date.

I believe it does actually.. Not sure about this though.. I'll post a link to it and you guys can check it out

Ā 

Edit: According to the Dev all internal SD data gets shared, and in one of the earlier posts he said it was easy to implement data share so you didn't have to dl apps twice but he wasn't sure about app settings and such (you can just back those up though..) I haven't read much of the thread, just thought I'd share it.. Lots of people seem to be disappointed because Paul hasn't been updating this and some of them fell ripped off.. I know this probably won't make up for it but at least you'll get what you want.

Edited by Bk619

Could anyone pm me with a link to this "patcher" project ? Really disappointed here, joined his club with silver membership and thought this is something really amazing, but it seem's Paul discontinued it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447534Ā there you go.. (That's the link for patcher in case anybody wants to check it out).

Edited by Bk619

'' [Patcher] cameĀ at a much later date.'' That is true, shame on me for not checking the dates before (I actually thought it was the same thread I had seen on XDA a while ago), but you're wrong about what inspired it, Patcher was inspired by another XDA project, and that one was released before Switch.