Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Waringd

Yep TWRP does that to me ALOT too.

Do you ever see the cannot mount /data thingy?

No not seen that yet.

Hotfile (I HATE that thing) is doing its usual tricks cancelling download then having to wait 30 mins to try again so I refashed TWRP. an left it on TeamWin page for what seemed ages. It finally let me in so Wiped Data / Factory Reset -> Reflashed Part 1, 2 and Root and I have got back in!

Dont know for how long though!

Guest George Grant

Flashed my M-919 that's on an I9505 rom already last night. Tried without a wipe using CWM recovery, booted in just 1-2 minutes and switched between TW and GE no problems but didn't have wifi. Didn't have time to mess with it last night so restored a backup and will give it another go this morning after I return from the gym.

Guest PaulOBrien

List of things having Issues:

Touchwiz rom:

1. Contacts app crashing

2. Photo editor after taking screenshot crashing when I select drawing and Pen

3. NOVA launcher shortcuts: Phone, Gallery and Camera gets corrupt when booted into Google ROM and Vice versa when you fix it in Google rom
  4. Unable to diable the touchwiz home launcher as you mentioned in the Post 2

Google rom:

1. email app - doesn't store the accounts when setting up

Contacts app and Photo editor i'll check today. Technically the Nova shortcuts aren't getting corrupted, they actually point to different packages name in each ROM, hence they don't match. One solution would be to 'exclude' Nova and run 2 different configs. Use Titanium with root to disable the TouchWiz home launcher perhaps, as Samsung disabled the ability to do this.

The 2 email apps are actually seperate apps, so you need to configure it on each ROM.

Hi Paul, everything works well, for the beta1 surprised me the stability that has your mod, you think to use De-Odexed roms in the future?, Thank you very much for your work.

It's deodexed now for ease of quick mods, for release it will be odexed to save space.

One thing that is strange is the Play Store web install. It shows me only the I9505G, and I'm right now using Samsung stock. When I press the Install button, nothing download on my phone.

It's ok, I think...

This is a known issue on the One also, I am investigating.

One more bug:

Dropbox uninstalled automatically after switch, in GE rom.

The solution to this is to remove it from /system/app in TW, then install and it'll be available in both. Basically, apps in /system will be removed from /data if the versions match, hence it seems to disappear. I might move Dropbox to /data so it appears in both ROMs by default.

Genshard - i've sent you my hangout details, grab me if you have a minute, it sounds like a problem with your device!

P

Guest Waringd

No not seen that yet.

Hotfile (I HATE that thing) is doing its usual tricks cancelling download then having to wait 30 mins to try again so I refashed TWRP. an left it on TeamWin page for what seemed ages. It finally let me in so Wiped Data / Factory Reset -> Reflashed Part 1, 2 and Root and I have got back in!

Dont know for how long though!

Yep as I thought.

TouchWiz worked fine however when switched it just hangs at the GT-I9505 screen. No vibrates, no restarts just sits there.

STILL waiting for hotfile

EDIT: Also TWRP is hanging after switch too

Edited by Waringd

Guest Naoki63

Hello.

I am a web copywriter for Phonandroid french website and I would like to receive by e-mail the beta archives of MoDaCo.SWITCH to make a tutorial on our website and welcome your work.

Thank you very much.

Guest chowdarygm

The 2 email apps are actually seperate apps, so you need to configure it on each ROM.

problem is that in GPe ROM when we add the accounts in email app, after giving password and setting up the initial settings, it goes back again to first setup screen in email, its not saving the provided mail account

Edited by chowdarygm

Guest PaulOBrien
  • Photo editor after taking screenshot crashing when I select drawing and Pen

I took a screenshot and pressed the drawing / pen button with no crash. Anyone else?

P

snapback.pngchowdarygm, on 22 August 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

• Photo editor after taking screenshot crashing when I select drawing and Pen

I took a screenshot and pressed the drawing / pen button with no crash. Anyone else?

P

No crash here.

Only Contacts app and #172

Edited by hjoci

GPe is stuck on Unlocking SIM Card... on first boot! Any suggestion?

Install tip: If anyone is using CWM to install and get Cannot find Beta2.zip when trying to apply Beta2 just reboot the recovery and try again.

EDIT: Nevermind i restarted the phone and SIM Lock got through :)

Edited by ilirb

Guest SoLegendaryHam

Hey Paul I Had A Question that i live in usa and i have sprint version and so i cannot use switch so on the main link that you emailed me to download and all the instructions of switch it says downloading and the first line says I9505XXUBMGA / I9505OXXBMG3 / I9505XXUBMGA ROM for Odin - DOWNLOAD (HotFile) - MD5: so does this mean i can flash to I9505 rom.?

My GPe issues:

1. Home button doesn't work! It doesn't seem to work except double click which gets you to multitasker :(

2. Unable to open Quick settings, the icon is there but nothing happens when i press it, neither using two fingers!?

3. No lock screen, even thou in security settings it is set to Slide

Edited by ilirb

Guest PaulOBrien

I believe I have isolated the Contacts issue - i'll be deploying a small update via the SwitchUp OTA app this afternoon.

SoLegendaryHam - this is for GSM DEVICES ONLY!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 2!

P

Changelog

23rd August

• Beta 2 release - this has been deployed using the 'SwitchUp' OTA client and resolves an issue with the contacts application.

Guest chowdarygm

Beta 2!

P

Changelog

23rd August

• Beta 2 release - this has been deployed using the 'SwitchUp' OTA client and resolves an issue with the contacts application.

downloaded and it re-booted to TWRP but didn't do anything, so installed it manually and rebooted, all working fine, no Contacts app Crashing :)

Guest Andy Angell

Ok first go here...

Left my phone on a custome Ge rom.

wiped data

installed zip 1 and 2 reboot

touchwiz onboard no wifi

switch GE no wifi

did wifi fix

reboot wifi ok

did update through updater rebooted to twrp and bingo job done

rebooted

running Nova just rebooted after installing all my apps on touch wiz .. crossed fingers ... here we goooo

and phone rebooted to samsung screen twice ....

so far so good......

couple of apps did not go accross..

no watchon? will install manually

everything else seems ok.....

ran Antutu on both roms for fun TW 23816 GE 25842

Edited by Andy Angell

Guest Andy Angell

Ok having a little glitch here

Running Nova on both roms

on switch the camera icon and the phone icon keep saying they are not installed......

is this because the TW dialer is diff and the camera app is diff

if so is there a way to fix????

Guest chowdarygm

Ok having a little glitch here

Running Nova on both roms

on switch the camera icon and the phone icon keep saying they are not installed......

is this because the TW dialer is diff and the camera app is diff

if so is there a way to fix????

this is known, as of now there is no fix for it other than using the default launchers or using 3rd party dialers

Guest PaulOBrien

The best way to fix it is to 'silo' Nova (have different settings for each ROM) as the package names for camera etc. are different.

To do that, run 'adb shell touch /data/SWITCH/exclude/com.teslacoilsw.launcher' from a command prompt / terminal and you're done!

P

Guest svalsorim

Well...its working kind of:). Here's the problem and it's not with ROM. I can switch no problem but like some I don't have Wi-Fi in TW so I tried flashing fix but Odin fails (auth). Phone is 337m from Rogers and I haven't used Odin before. I tried flashing supplied tw to start with but also fails. Any suggestions?