Official firmwares

Guest Clarkiieh

Guest mej5682

Hey, so I did as you advised. Took my Y300 back to Carphone Warehouse. I told them I was playing a game and it just rebooted to a Blue screen. No worries, sent off for repair. They've had it for just over a week now, so I thought I'd check the progress on the repair tracking site. "Sorry, we cannot repair your handset". They are now sending it back to the store for collection?? Wtf?? Why haven't they sent it back to Huawei?? It says on the site, if they can't fix it, they will send it to the manufacturer and it adds another 28 days wait?? What a waste of time that was. Not happy. :(

Hey, so I did as you advised. Took my Y300 back to Carphone Warehouse. I told them I was playing a game and it just rebooted to a Blue screen. No worries, sent off for repair. They've had it for just over a week now, so I thought I'd check the progress on the repair tracking site. "Sorry, we cannot repair your handset". They are now sending it back to the store for collection?? Wtf?? Why haven't they sent it back to Huawei?? It says on the site, if they can't fix it, they will send it to the manufacturer and it adds another 28 days wait?? What a waste of time that was. Not happy. sad.png

if they cant fix it they need to replace it or refund you or they can be reported to trading standards, you need to let them know you know this

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/brighton-hove/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV0054-1011.txt

"What legal protection do I get with warranties and guarantees?

The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 states that if a guarantee provider offers a guarantee on goods sold or supplied to consumers, the provider takes on a contractual obligation to honour the conditions set out in the guarantee. For example, if the guarantee provider refuses to repair goods as set out under the terms of the guarantee, you can take legal action against the provider of the guarantee for breach of contract. This could be claiming back the cost of repairs if you have had them carried out elsewhere."

Guest mej5682

if they cant fix it they need to replace it or refund you or they can be reported to trading standards, you need to let them know you know this

http://www.tradingst...DV0054-1011.txt

"What legal protection do I get with warranties and guarantees?

The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 states that if a guarantee provider offers a guarantee on goods sold or supplied to consumers, the provider takes on a contractual obligation to honour the conditions set out in the guarantee. For example, if the guarantee provider refuses to repair goods as set out under the terms of the guarantee, you can take legal action against the provider of the guarantee for breach of contract. This could be claiming back the cost of repairs if you have had them carried out elsewhere."

Yeah I just looked through their T's & C's. Thanks. Surely it's not my responsibility to return it to Huawei, when I purchased the phone from CW.