Alternative ROMs for the nexus 7 (1st gen)

Guest comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Anyone tried any other Roms while we wait for news from Paul?

ran Jr18 with a tablet mode hack for ages, then Paranoidandroid 3.xx(4.2.2 based)

Currently running rooted stock 4.3 with Autohide Softkeys. No bad things to report, but miss tablet style offset softkeys

I'm just about to try CM10.2 nightlies after trying them on my N4 with very good results

Guest mark2410

i briefly tried AOKP and it looks good, mainly because it has the ption to have the dual menu buttons. they havent got a 4.3 yet but once they do i plan to move to them

Guest comicbookguy

there are options in the "interface" area of the CM settings to edit the nav bar keys. you can move, remove or add keys, including the left hand menu key and the soft search key (tho i think 5 keys is the max)

there are also options for the advanced power menu

or alternatively, the dev of Autohide Softkeys seems pretty responsive if you want to ask for the dual menu key option

also i just found a tablet ui mod for cm10.2

I prefer tablet mode myself so I'll be trying this!

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2409

but it doesn't work...Edit: managed to mod the rom with an autopatcher from XDA but ended up reverting because I miss the quick settings menu and and swiping away the navbar

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest bbawden

Anyone have a list of ones based on 4.3?

If my tablet is rooted, running MCR, and I install the system update that it keeps prompting me about, will it still be rooted afterwards?

Guest comicbookguy

the ota should fail if youre running MCR

4.3 Roms for Grouper:

cm10.2

ParanoidAndroid

Clean ROM

SlimBean

jellybam

(or google)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest john-henri

Anyone know if there is a 4.3 rom for Nakasig (3G) with APM (advanced power menu) AND a soft key mod like the MCR where you could choose to have them to the right in landscape mode? That is, IMHO, the single most useful thing in the MCR.

Guest comicbookguy

Anyone know if there is a 4.3 rom for Nakasig (3G) with APM (advanced power menu) AND a soft key mod like the MCR where you could choose to have them to the right in landscape mode? That is, IMHO, the single most useful thing in the MCR.

cm10.2 and ParanoidAndroid have the APM/EPM (tho finding and enabling it is a bugger in cm) unofficial builds of both are available for Tilapia/Nakasig. Autohide Softkeys gives you the option for right side navbar. Edited by comicbookguy