Problem with sisters old Honor

So, my little sister broke her Huawei Honor (U8860) screen, and now she tells me that there is still some pictures on Internal Storage, which she really needs.

So, I took the phone, and plug it in to see if there is USB Debugging enabled, no, it's not.

I'm asking, if I flash stock ROM, with opened bootloader, so I can put custom recovery, does it remove also those pictures?

I know, this isn't Ascend G300 related problem, but I forget it anyway.

Ask her why she didn't use a SD card..

Does the internal storage/"sdcard" not appear as a volume that you can mount when the phone is plugged into a PC?

With the G300 that's what I normally get - i.e. the ability to mount either/both the internal and external sdcard volumes...

Does the internal storage/"sdcard" not appear as a volume that you can mount when the phone is plugged into a PC?

With the G300 that's what I normally get - i.e. the ability to mount either/both the internal and external sdcard volumes...

I see those volumes on my W8 PC, but laptop with Windows 7 didn't show them. How I can mount them? Or should I use Linux?

Isn't the goal here to backup the files/pictures on internal storage?

So if you can see the mount in Windows 8 can't you just do that there?

Why bother with Windows 7, Linux etc.?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here...! :blush:

Isn't the goal here to backup the files/pictures on internal storage?

So if you can see the mount in Windows 8 can't you just do that there?

Why bother with Windows 7, Linux etc.?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here...! :blush:

No, I could see those drives on my Computer, but they were unmounted. If I tried to open, volume was empty, or I couldn't open it.