[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wards5150

Been on 20/10 build since yesterday afternoon. All seems OK so far. Have noticed bad video playback. And the game tapped out crashes on start up. Had one reboot where the cyanogen logo froze. Pulled the battery and rebooted OK. Squeaky bum time. I flashed latest cwm recovery after update too.

Been on 20/10 build since yesterday afternoon. All seems OK so far. Have noticed bad video playback. And the game tapped out crashes on start up. Had one reboot where the cyanogen logo froze. Pulled the battery and rebooted OK. Squeaky bum time. I flashed latest cwm recovery after update too.

Don't forget to format data, cache, system.

Guest phyllocrania

Not blaming anyone or the dev, but so many devices dying after flashing the new build with 3.4 kernel cannot be a coincidence. There's definitely some serious flaw in this ROM with the new kernel.

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest stevewhite1

I'm on the 20/10 build and it's seem OK so far.

Been flashing everything using OTA without wipes and just flashed the latest CWM. Now I'm too scared to update to anything new :ninja:

Not blaming anyone or the dev, but so many devices dying after flashing the new build with 3.4 kernel cannot be a coincidence. There's definitely some serious flaw in this ROM with the new kernel.

I don't think so is related with the kernel 3.4. But who knows? :P

Have you flashed the new CMW? Also, have tried use the ADB?

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest phyllocrania

I don't think so is related with the kernel 3.4. But who knows? :P

Have you flashed the new CMW? Also, have tried use the ADB?

If its not with the new kernel, then why are these reports of sudden deaths coming only after flashing the new builds? Just wondering.

I am not using this ROM at present. These deaths scared me to the point that I reverted back to stock gingerbread. Don't want to lose my phone. 

Hey, whats up .. with cm-10.2-20131020-NIGHTLY-u8815 and cm-10.2-20131021-NIGHTLY-u8815 I cant go with my CPU higher then 1008 .. there is no more posibilities. Anybody?

Guest Ironandroid

@dazzozo

Sir i have to bow for your fantastic porting. Everything is running smooth,, the camera is perfect and i am amazed that this old phone has a more recent software release than samsung s4. congratulations to you

Guest Tommy.35

I haved official bootloader unlock, R4 CWM and the cm-10.2-20131021-NIGHTLY-u8815 and after flashing R5 CMW PHONE DIED!!!! dont install it and wait for fix, fruck, very pissed off...)

Guest djuroue

Man, i have a B926 bootloader oficially unlocked, installed 20/10 build, reflashed recovery to cwm 6.0.4.4. R5, did an OTA update, everything works perfectlly right now ... I don't know why your phones are dying people :(

Man, i have a B926 bootloader oficially unlocked, installed 20/10 build, reflashed recovery to cwm 6.0.4.4. R5, did an OTA update, everything works perfectlly right now ... I don't know why your phones are dying people :(

Same here...

Maybe its a "regional" or specific model error?

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest phyllocrania

I haved official bootloader unlock, R4 CWM and the cm-10.2-20131021-NIGHTLY-u8815 and after flashing R5 CMW PHONE DIED!!!! dont install it and wait for fix, fruck, very pissed off...)

This is the 6th phone dying report. This is alarming. :(

I did the update to the latest build from today.

G300 from Vodafone Portugal, with the latest build and CWM, official unlock of the bootloader.

No problem so far.....

Edited by DJPRMF

I'm using CyanogemMod ROM 4.3.1 in a Huawei Ascend G300.

Just reporting that in order to use interna 2GB SD I used this procedure http://www.modaco.com/topic/356349-using-link2sd-to-use-internal-sd-as-extsd/  with this only diference:

Link2sd script was build in /system/etc/init.d/11link2sd file. /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file did not work on this system.

Great work with this ROM!

I was giving up on Android 4.x on G300, mainly because of the lagging. This ROM seams to be better at that level.

I also applied the supercharge procedures in this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365705-tweak-supercharge-the-g300/?hl=%20huawei%20%20g300

Do I need to apply this tweak every time the CyanogenMod is updated on my phone?

Cheers

Sérgio

I'm using CyanogemMod ROM 4.3.1 in a Huawei Ascend G300.

Just reporting that in order to use interna 2GB SD I used this procedure http://www.modaco.com/topic/356349-using-link2sd-to-use-internal-sd-as-extsd/  with this only diference:

Link2sd script was build in /system/etc/init.d/11link2sd file. /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file did not work on this system.

Great work with this ROM!

I was giving up on Android 4.x on G300, mainly because of the lagging. This ROM seams to be better at that level.

I also applied the supercharge procedures in this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365705-tweak-supercharge-the-g300/?hl=%20huawei%20%20g300

Do I need to apply this tweak every time the CyanogenMod is updated on my phone?

Cheers

Sérgio

Yes, everytime the rom is flashed is needed apply the tweak files again. ;)

Guest phyllocrania

The worry is not for those who are flashing it without problems and running smoothly. Its for those, whose phones died. So many people can't just damage their phones all around the same time, that too while trying to flash the latest builds. I am no developer or expert to comment on the technicalities, but its apparent (not evident) that it has something to do with the ROM or recovery. 

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest djuroue

I flashed my roms and recoveries over 500 times, the same way, so everything works normally ... I don't know how they flashed, and what is their procedure. but mine is, as always... wipe /data, format /system, wipe dalvik cache, reboot recovery, flash zip ... (when not OTA)