[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest agantai

hi all,

i'm new here & i hope someone can please answer this question for me. i installed some of these nightly roms on my G300,my nook hd+ tablet & my friends Y300 mobile too,my question is do i need to flash a KERNEL too ? i only flashed the nightly roms + gapps & cwm but no kernels as instructions didn't mention anything about flashing the devices with a kernel,but while the devices are working fine i want to make sure the job i did is complete.so if i have missed the kernel then can you please direct me to the kernel i need to flash & also tell me what does the kernel do to these devices ?  thanks :)

hi all,

i'm new here & i hope someone can please answer this question for me. i installed some of these nightly roms on my G300,my nook hd+ tablet & my friends Y300 mobile too,my question is do i need to flash a KERNEL too ? i only flashed the nightly roms + gapps & cwm but no kernels as instructions didn't mention anything about flashing the devices with a kernel,but while the devices are working fine i want to make sure the job i did is complete.so if i have missed the kernel then can you please direct me to the kernel i need to flash & also tell me what does the kernel do to these devices ? thanks :)

They don't all need a kernel, they are completely different devices. They probably have whatever kernel they need integrated already.

Guest infractoru

Hi guys, sent the phone to Vodafone because it was still under warranty  :D  let`s see if the service guys find something as i don`t want them calling me " well sir, we can see that you have rooted your phone, unfortunately we can`t process it under warranty"  :ph34r:  hopefully the phone is so dead, they will not notice the rooting  :D thanks a lot Dazzozo for this ROM, we`ll keep you post it with what I receive from Vodafone. I`m still thinking it`s related to sudden death of G300 and not ROM related, but were several other guys bricking their phones in the same time frame  <_< I`m not a noob so I didn`t do anything "special" when I did update. Before OTA were flowing on a regular basis I did the updates via TRWP, after OTA were enabled, for the last month`s nightlies I did the update via OTA.

Guest wards5150

Hello people. I need to know if it us OK to downgrade to the nightly from the 19th. Currently on the build from the 20th. Has anyone done it. I have the Samsung memory thankfully. Thanks again to Daz for all his efforts. I really hope you carry on with this as phone running best it ever has.

Guest Ironandroid

hi everybody . i have the following question. i have tried to find out my memory using the syntax previously posted on terminal emulator but got no answer. i am sure i wrote the command exactly so it is not a mistyping problem. any suggestion ? thx in advance

Guest agantai

@kyan31 thanks :)

by the way after i installed one of these nightly roms on my G300 the keyboard stopped working so i had to disable it & install swift keyboard instead. any idea why ? also i tried newer rom but that was even worse because not only keyboard stopped working but also the launcher & something else which i cannot remember so i had to re-install the previous rom which only has keyboard issue because as i said i can resolve the issue by installing swift keyboard.

hi everybody . i have the following question. i have tried to find out my memory using the syntax previously posted on terminal emulator but got no answer. i am sure i wrote the command exactly so it is not a mistyping problem. any suggestion ? thx in advance

What exactly did you do/type and what happened?

Screenshots might help if possible but at least give a detailed description.

Presumably your device is rooted?

Guest kubikmar

In any file explorer to find the path / sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device / and we open this file as text - name

Thanks for the link.

I can confirm this as working on my g300 (SJS00M) - flashed it using TWRP 2.5.0.2 over cm-10.2-20131020-NIGHTLY-u8815 without wiping anything (pretty much like ota update).

edit: btw does anybody know how to get back the overclocking options on android 4.3? It doesnt offer anything above 1Ghz.

Edited by Hkarta

Guest plewis1981

Thanks for the link. I can confirm this as working on my g300 (SJS00M) - flashed it using TWRP 2.5.0.2 over cm-10.2-20131020-NIGHTLY-u8815 without wiping anything (pretty much like ota update). edit: btw does anybody know how to get back the overclocking options on android 4.3? It doesnt offer anything above 1Ghz.

Daz has not added OC to the 3.4 kernel

Guest Ironandroid

@ dayler,wellies kubikmar

thank you very much for your help.

even with space  between cat  /sys the answer is :  no such file or directory

instead file explorer worked and i finally found that my memory is SJS00M

Would anyone running 21/10 build be able to post whether wi-fi tethering is working or not please.

Using 20/10 and wifi tethering not working for me.

Downloading 21/10 now, will report after testing.

Installed the 21/10 build and wifi tethering not working for me.

Edited by Zisj

Guest wards5150

Using 20/10 and wifi tethering not working for me.

Downloading 21/10 now, will report after testing.

Installed the 21/10 build and wifi tethering not working for me.

How is video playback on this nightly? On the 20/10 build it struggled with HQ.

Guest Aleš Schestag

@kyan31 thanks :)

by the way after i installed one of these nightly roms on my G300 the keyboard stopped working so i had to disable it & install swift keyboard instead. any idea why ? also i tried newer rom but that was even worse because not only keyboard stopped working but also the launcher & something else which i cannot remember so i had to re-install the previous rom which only has keyboard issue because as i said i can resolve the issue by installing swift keyboard.

I had also problem with keyboard after flash this ROM and instal gapps by CWM 6.0.4.0. I solved this problem, when i use TWRP.