[GB][2.3.7]CyanogenMod 7 Plus

Guest Garnt

Guest hippy dave

Thanks for this.

Wifi was working after installation last night until just now, but it's conked out (won't stay turned on).

Also am I doing something wrong or is logging disabled?

Edit: Wifi has started working again. Hope that doesn't keep happening I guess.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest kokesil

I love this rom all day with her and well but suddenly the sound stopped working and I do not know why and security restaurarcopia play someone else happened? thanks

Guest thomasl152

Thanks very much for this, it's great!

Something i have found though is that this CM7 changes my MAC address on my phone and now i can't get access to my Wifi at work because it has MAC address filtering. Does anyone know how I can get my old MAC address back (the one that's on the back of my phone)?

EDIT: Sorry for the preemptive post - after doing much searching around, I managed to find a method that worked for me from another post. Someone might be interested in it here, however, given that CM7 changes the MAC address (please note I'm not blaming anyone for it changing!!). From the thread titled 'Question about MAC address' i found:

Ok so followed the unlock procedures all went well. I checked the MAC address whilst i was on stock b952 and it displayed correctly (same as whats on the sticker under battery). Upon restoring my rom checked again and it had reverted to what it was before. Im stumpped as to why this is, its obviously not the bootloader hack. i am going to go through the rom with a fine tooth comb to see what is causing it. It seems to be a default android MAC address.

Well i have found 2 files in system/wifi they are "nvram_4330_MSM7627A_C8812" and "nvram_4330", both have my shown mac address in them, i have eddited the addresses in the files and this has changed my shown mac both on my phone and at my router and everything still works. This has cured the problem of my mac being the same as my daughters. I can only assume this is some kind of default android mac as the same files are present in stock roms. I guess the system falls back on this if it cannot read real devices mac.

I found similar files in the same directory on my phone (the long file name one had a slightly different name for me) and replaced all occurrences of the wrong MAC address with the right one (the one printed on the back of my phone under the battery), and then rebooted and it worked! Not sure if a reboot was required before it worked but i didn't feel like taking any chances. I have since rebooted again and the fixed address stayed.

Edited by thomasl152

• 2 weeks later...

Is this rom still beeing worked on? So far it's the fastest rom I've tried yet and I'm really loving the amount of features CM7 brings, but it has it's issues. Wifi is still a problem, hitting the call log tab crashes it so I can't see it, couple of other problems... Everyone is going wild with JB but there's still users who'd like to use GB on this phone. :(

Guest hippy dave

I've been rocking this rom for a while now and getting on very well with it, no real problems and finally rid of all that damn lag that eventually plagues other roms.

I've installed a couple of alternative apps to restore some of the functionality missing from the gingerbread versions of google's apps (I don't really get why google won't put pinch-zoom etc into their own apps on gb when third parties do it) - k-9 mail instead of gmail, and Digical for calendar and widget. I still miss the more powerful notification controls, and lockscreen media controls for yatse/xbmc (tho I've made a play/pause shortcut to help with that).

I've been rocking this rom for a while now and getting on very well with it, no real problems and finally rid of all that damn lag that eventually plagues other roms.

I've installed a couple of alternative apps to restore some of the functionality missing from the gingerbread versions of google's apps (I don't really get why google won't put pinch-zoom etc into their own apps on gb when third parties do it) - k-9 mail instead of gmail, and Digical for calendar and widget. I still miss the more powerful notification controls, and lockscreen media controls for yatse/xbmc (tho I've made a play/pause shortcut to help with that).

Don't you get an app crash when you hit the call log tab? That's the number 1 issue I'm facing currently. That and the wifi beeing unable to connect sometimes.

If you want a great rom on GB try superslim v1 or slim v7. Very fast and no known bugs

I've used slim v7 for a long time but ended up getting rid of it because it eventually got a bit laggy even when I was trimming down on the running apps, compared to the first time I installed the rom (even so, the only thing that could be running on the background was ADW launcher and maybe facebook, in reality I hardly install anything on it and use it straight up as phone with web browsing). Afaik super slim is only a slightly smaller rom with less apks installed. Anyway, I like this rom because of all the CM features.

Edited by kupp

Well I've been trying to pinpoint the exact cause, but I find it too random to accurately reproduce it so far. Was pretty sure it was linked with the show contact pic option on that tab, but after a reboot without touching anything else, it started crashing again. It's the android.process.acore btw. Hope this rom gets a little bit cleaned up, it's the best GB rom so far and maybe the best overall. Only way to make it better is to port some JB features like that awesome notifications bar, but that's way beyond reach I'm guessing. But until then I'm gonna have to stick with something else unfortunately, few errors but the ones that exist are a bit deal-breaking, for me at least. Thanks to kyan and everyone involved anyway, you've done an amazing work regardless. :)

Edited by kupp

The key to that specific problem is simply not installing the multi-language pack all together. Whatever it does (despite not touching the language settings at all) it's what's causing that crash because I've been running it all day long without it, and haven't got a single problem since.

Any way to improve the call quality? It's the last problem I'm facing with this rom, and it's really horrible, to the point where I sometimes can't undestand people on the other side. Fixing this makes it pretty much perfect for me.

Edited by kupp

Guest valy17400

The key to that specific problem is simply not installing the multi-language pack all together. Whatever it does (despite not touching the language settings at all) it's what's causing that crash because I've been running it all day long without it, and haven't got a single problem since.

Any way to improve the call quality? It's the last problem I'm facing with this rom, and it's really horrible, to the point where I sometimes can't undestand people on the other side. Fixing this makes it pretty much perfect for me.

That's the problem of all the CyanogenMods on G300 i think, try to down the volume while you are in an call cuz normally is too high and you cant understand anything.

So i want to ask to people who have used this rom, there are still problems with the wi-fi, signal or anything else? i want to test it but i'm not sure about the stability.

Edited by valy17400

That's the problem of all the CyanogenMods on G300 i think, try to down the volume while you are in an call cuz normally is too high and you cant understand anything.

So i want to ask to people who have used this rom, there are still problems with the wi-fi, signal or anything else? i want to test it but i'm not sure about the stability.

I only recall getting this on CM7 specifically, don't think this happened in any ICS/JB builds. Anyway aside from that I haven't run into any other problems, wifi, network signal, whatever.

Guest valy17400

I only recall getting this on CM7 specifically, don't think this happened in any ICS/JB builds. Anyway aside from that I haven't run into any other problems, wifi, network signal, whatever.

Before.. such as 4 moths or 5 when CM9 was on R3 "and others cm rom's" the voice quality in calls were too poor (too high), this problem happened in other roms, but today i think dazz solved it.

Guest valy17400

Well.. i've installed the rom, all ok except the internal sd wont recognize cm7, i've tested in cm settings all the options and it says " the devide doesnt have expanded internal storage" , anyone can help me? thx

Before.. such as 4 moths or 5 when CM9 was on R3 "and others cm rom's" the voice quality in calls were too poor (too high), this problem happened in other roms, but today i think dazz solved it.

How come? But this CM7 build isn't Dazz work anyway... Shame, this is keeping this ROM from beeing straight up perfect for me.

Guest valy17400

How come? But this CM7 build isn't Dazz work anyway... Shame, this is keeping this ROM from beeing straight up perfect for me.

I know, but i think porting roms from other phones to g300 have the same problem, now i think with the new releases of cm9,10,etc.. from dazz there aren't any problems.

After testing this rom 1 day i found that bugs:

1.Don't have accelerometer sensor (not compatible).

2.The internal sd-card not recognized.

And the volume you can lower when you're in a call if you hear with poor quality to the other person.

Nice rom, useful apps, fast, without signal-drops and "stable", thanks to all who worked at this rom, keep working guys because i think the best rom for g300 is the GB and we need a stable CM7

Edited by valy17400

i use this version of cm7 for over 2 month now, this version have fixed voice quality and wifi, only bug that is still present is bluetooth(for my needs i use bluetoothfiletransfer from market, so for me that is not a realy big bug xD )

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361908-roms-chinese-cuisine-roms-from-far-far-away-daily-news/page-15#entry2138835
Edited by cooina

Well sound issue really is improved, not entirely though. But it's better. However I'm getting insane battery drains, I mean a full battery discharging in less than a day with light usage, using Better Battery Stats I noticed AlarmManager takes a pretty bit toll on it, however I have no idea what to do since reinstalling the rom twice with full wipes and few apps installed didn't help. Does anyone know?

Guest cooina

@kupp: i read about alarmmanager and battery drain, but if i can remmember thats not alarm manager fault, some other app use it to wake up at specific time(weather, facebook etc...)

Yeah noticed that as well, but batterystats didn't provide me the app that was draining it. Odd thing is I used exactly the same apps across all roms and only on CM7 did it give me that problem... But I'll look into it!

Guest dalyer

If AlarmManager is draining the battery then use Better Battery Stats (BBS) or Wake Lock Detector (WLD) to find out what apps are using Alarms/Wakeup Triggers. It may point to apps that are waking up a lot. WLD is a bit simpler than BBS for this in my experience. For example I have the stock email client configured to check for email every 15 mins so I get about 4 alarms/wakeup triggers for that partcular app every hour. That is OK but some other apps can generate LOTS more.

Edited by dalyer

Guest cemilelci

i use this version of cm7 for over 2 month now, this version have fixed voice quality and wifi, only bug that is still present is bluetooth(for my needs i use bluetoothfiletransfer from market, so for me that is not a realy big bug xD )

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361908-roms-chinese-cuisine-roms-from-far-far-away-daily-news/page-15#entry2138835

best rom i have ever used... bluetooth is working, i tried with root explorer... installing mms fix zip in recovery mode and there is no bug for me...  trying a lot of rom after that is what i want...

Edited by cemilelci