[ GB ] B895-slim-v7 Multibaseband

Guest Dovahpig

Guest plewis1981

I use widgitlocker for a JB style lockscreen, Notification toggles for custom toggles and holo launcher.

Very nice rom the only issue I am having is that the back button is very sensertive, pressing to go back a page usually ends up closing the app is there any way to change the sensertivity settings for this?

Edited by plewis1981

Now what about battery life? Should be good I guess . If battery lasts as long as is now on slim rom ICS then I'm thinking about switch for sure .

Edited by denzele

Guest DarioGTI

I just have a question about the ROM -

- somebody already asked - how to turn on the "quick toggle menu" for Wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, 3G, auto-rotation ?

Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe dalvik cache, Format system, Install rom from zip, Reboot

It worked! Thanks!

Now what about battery life? Should be good I guess . If battery lasts as long as is now on slim rom ICS then I'm thinking about switch for sure .

I was 2-3 weeks on the Slim ICS v13, I'm pretty shure that the battery life on this GB Slim v7 ROM is about 20-30% better.

Guest radek666

Wipe data/ factory reset

Wipe dalvik cache

Format system

Install rom from zip

Reboot

Thats how i do it.

About percentage i dont know, i like it the way it is, and that screenshot was from the stock.huawei g300 just without changed battery indicator :P

What do you mean about Formating the system?

I have no option like that in CWM

Ok, nvm. I just skipped that step and I have toggles anyway :)

So now I just need a battery indicator and it's gonna be great!

Edited by radek666

Guest DarioGTI
2-3 WEEKS battery life?!?! Is that a typo and you mean DAYS? If not then what do you actually do with your phone...?!?!? :wacko:

Not 2-3 weeks of battery life, I was using the Ics slim ROM for 2-3 weeks. The battery survived for about 1 day with quite moderate using, 1.5 days normal use, or 2 days with minimum use.

On this GB slim ROM the battery seems to have even better life than on Ics slim. After at least one week of using this Rom, I will have more info about the battery life with this Rom.

2-3 WEEKS battery life?!?! Is that a typo and you mean DAYS? If not then what do you actually do with your phone...?!?!? :wacko:

ha ha! he never mentioned he was getting 2-3 weeks of battery out of a single charge. :P He wanted to say that he used the ROM for 2-3 weeks. Anyway, have tried this ROM for a short while, for me the battery was better than any other ROMs I have used so far (with moderate usage - mail sync, little calling and internet and slight gaming).

I know - I do.... :blush:

But since I get 3G reboots on ICS/JB with my current (unofficially unlocked) bootloader I wonder if I will also get them on GB if I don't first do an official unlock?

Or is that unofficially unlocked bootloader simply an original copy of the GB bootloader so the problem won't happen on GB?

If anybody can advise I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

GB's bootloader is not locked so, you should not be getting 3G reboots because of a bootloader issue.

After day one of use I have to say it's just works beautiful . No reboots or no any bugs clean rom fastest I tried. If only we can overclock 2030 baseband it would make it even better I reckon. Just one app I really miss badly and that is Greenify which unfortanetly is not working on GB but not to complain much still easily beats all of them that I used so far .

Guest Dovahpig

Nah Greenify not needed with this amount of free ram :) if you want you can download chefs freezer app and freeze some of the system apps you dont need (or remove them).

Guest bladebuddy
After day one of use I have to say it's just works beautiful . No reboots or no any bugs clean rom fastest I tried. If only we can overclock 2030 baseband it would make it even better I reckon. Just one app I really miss badly and that is Greenify which unfortanetly is not working on GB but not to complain much still easily beats all of them that I used so far .

Auto starts working and closes a lot more apps at different stages until you press on them . Better then greenify IMHO.

OK :blush: from me re the battery life issue above! :blush:

But I'm always amazed (and a bit skeptical) when people post screenshots purporting to get, say, 5 days battery life. There was one recently but I can't find it. Unless they have it in airplane mode and just leave it unused or something....?!?

Guest Dovahpig

You dont need airplaine mode for that. Just use your phone like you would use Nokia 3310, disable synch, internet.. switch to 2G. Use it like a regular phone instead of smartphone. It should last for three days

Heh good old Nokia 3310 love that phone..I used to get around 3-4 days on slim rom ics version on battery but with very little use..on 2G, no playing games, just sometimes check few apps and email on wifi...sync off etc..

Yeah I guess you have a point there about Greenify. One thing i noticed just minutes ago that incoming call ringtone volume is a bit quiet...or maybe I'm just going deaf :)...

GB's bootloader is not locked so, you should not be getting 3G reboots because of a bootloader issue.

Thanks. Yes I know that but my question was is the bootloader used for the unofficial bootloader unlock for ICS/JB the original GB bootloader or a modified version? If it's the original then there should be no problem going to a GB ROM but if it's modified then it may be necessary to take a detour via the B952 forced update and official bootloader unlock method?

I'm assuming that custom GB ROMs such as Slim or AtomicMod don't install the original GB bootloader?

So - I've been on ICS/JB for a while having done the unofficial bootloader unlock ages ago (from the "like you're 5" tutorial) so if I go to GB should I follow the official bootloader unlock tutorial first?

Apologies for all the questions but I just want to understand this if possible. Thanks. :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest Dovahpig
One thing i noticed just minutes ago that incoming call ringtone volume is a bit quiet...or maybe I'm just going deaf :)...

Working solution

for that you have to modify in build.prop ro.config.ringtone_vol_adjust=true to ro.config.ringtone_vol_adjust=false and then save!

Edited by Dovahpig

Does this ROM have the Strip unicode option in MMS.apk? For some versions of the MMS.apk that option is invisible but it actually converts letters like ć,č,š to c,c,s.

Can someone who has this installed try and type some unicode letters and see if the message length still is 160 characters or is it reduced to around 70.

Thanks in advance, I'm such an addict to this option and having it would really help me!

Thanks. Yes I know that but my question was is the bootloader used for the unofficial bootloader unlock for ICS/JB the original GB bootloader or a modified version? If it's the original then there should be no problem going to a GB ROM but if it's modified then it may be necessary to take a detour via the B952 forced update and official bootloader unlock method?

I'm assuming that custom GB ROMs such as Slim or AtomicMod don't install the original GB bootloader?

So - I've been on ICS/JB for a while having done the unofficial bootloader unlock ages ago (from the "like you're 5" tutorial) so if I go to GB should I follow the official bootloader unlock tutorial first?

Apologies for all the questions but I just want to understand this if possible. Thanks. :)

Not qualified enough to give the exact reply to your question but I can give my instance.

I was on JB Slim v8.0 by Telonous - bootloader unlocked officially. Made a backup, wiped everything, flashed this ROM as per the instruction and everything worked great. Used for 5-6 hours, the battery worked quite good but felt like going back to JB and then restored the Slim v8 backup. Now back to JB.

Edited by smweb

Guest DarioGTI

It seems that I founded some strange bugs...

First, sometimes when I am just doing something on my phone, the phone starts being just a bit slower than normal (this is not the bug, it is because quite a lot of apps), but then I hit the "home" button, and exact after that, for maybe 0.01 secound I see a new background that looks like a big arrow-down in grey color, something that could look like a huge "download button". After that minimalistic part of a second background change" bug, the background turns back to normal.

Second - sometimes, etc I am browsing via Tapatalk, or just exploring the SD card with the stock Data manager, when I hit "back" just one time, the phone brings me back to the home screen, but I couldn't leave the app with just one time tapping "back", for that I would have to use the "home" button.

Third - yesterday, I was driving in my car. As usual, I put my phone near the handbrake, the phone is in a leather-cover, so it is soft, not direct on the plastic of the car. That day, my phone reseted itself for two times (I entered the PIN code once, and then 5 minutes later, the same thing). Today, I was driving the same way, the same speed, the phone was on the same place, and everything was OK. This problem I had also once with the ICS slim v13 ROM. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but even with GB slim and ICS slim, the 3G was on (maybe this could be an important info).

Fourth - does your phones turn a bit slower when the 3G is on, in comparation to Wi-Fi ? I don't mean the speed of the data transfer, I mean the speed of the phone.

Does anybody had experince like me?

Maybe not all of this are bugs, but that's my experience for now. But, I am very satisfied with this ROM.