[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1) for ZTE V9

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

I'm not sure if my cwm is updated.

Please give me the download link for the latest cwm :)

there is now a link to my 6.0.3.2 cwm in the first post.

Guest mufidfathul

That is exactly it (a bit embarrassed that I didn't notice this). My /system partition is only 136 Mb.

Next question is probably another noob one; it is possible to resize the /system partition?

i Think many users face same problem (becuse of stock froyo), they don't realize that this rom need more space for system and internal memory. So...dear PlaguedByPenguins can you make TPT for zte v9 that we easely resize partiition without flashing via computer (like what doing by OPTUS).

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

first post has been updated with a new rom - 20131029.
the main change is that live wallpapers now work 'cos I fixed all the hard-coded armv7 stupidness in libbcc/llmv/slang/renderscript etc.

this is probably the last feature missing in these JB roms that's (relatively) easily recoverable from the cm7 days. AFAIK the rest of our missing functionality (gestures, voice search, ancient kernel) are nearly intractable due to armv7-only binary libs... although I do hold out some hope one day for a 3.x kernel with freedreno for a2xx - but even then the binary blob ar6000 wifi may still be a show stopper.

anyway, for now: once more you can enjoy maple leafs (go leafies!) splashing down, unreadable clocks, several spinning galaxies, and grass waving with a realistic looking turbulence spectrum.

• 2 weeks later...

the simplest method, is installation of official android 2.2 in date cable, only this way it is possible to return the correct marking

I have tried many of the possible options

basically I can't reload 2.2 as the optus loader doesn't recognize the tablet.

I have been holding just the minus button to enter FTM as I was told that even though clockwork is visible FTM is active, is this correct?

Can any one give me some more specific instructions?

system 136MB

cyanogen 2.3.7

Guest mitchiti

Thanks PBP - love this ROM, only problem is I'm constantly stuck with "insufficient memory" for installing apps.  I've tried Mounts2SD and Link2SD, but both end up running out of room fairly quickly.  Anyone found a better solution?

Guest Morfiy_by

gusper, If instead of FTM CWM, this same is set. You load recovery and you connect tablet to the PC, and on it drivers shall be preset. It is desirable to have OS Windows XP.

mitchiti, There is a method of extension of memory with simlink and script sd-ext. Int2ext noticeably reduces system performance for me. Here link to the instruction on mount Ext partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1971689

I hope how to create it through recovery you know?

After successful assembling, it is necessary to transfer data/app and data/dalvik-cache to created partition, the instruction I will write later, it is necessary to translate from Russian.

Edited by Morfiy_by

Guest Morfiy_by

Transfer of dalvik-cache and applications on sdcard. Alternative to the single adequate script of Simple2EXT.

1 . In CWM Recovery we create the ext-partition, 512Мb it is enough. If it was created, in >mount and storage< it is necessary to make format sd-ext.

2 . Mount the partition by means of SD-EXT script.

3 . Correctness of actions can be checked in the terminal emulator. Enter: mount

In one of lines there shall be a mentioning about sd-ext.

4 . Launch Root Explorer and find folder /sd-ext. It will be in the root directory of the device.

5 . Find the data/app and data/dalvik-cache folders and copy them in /sd-ext.

6 . Open the Terminal emulator and contract.

7 . Again open Root Explorer. If everything was copied operationally, in turn delete the initial folders, differently references (I delete, at first, the dalvik-cache folder) won't be created. Be not frightened if on the screen there are disturbing texts, it is system lost applications. Now everything is adjustable!

8 . Close Root Explorer and open the Terminal emulator.

9 . Create symbolical references to folders from /data in /sd-ext. Enter:

su

ln - s /sd-ext/app /data/app

ln - s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

After input of each link the terminal shall answer, having repeatedly shown the entered text, it means - links are created.

10 . Reboot.

Edited by Morfiy_by

gusper, If instead of FTM CWM, this same is set. You load recovery and you connect tablet to the PC, and on it drivers shall be preset. It is desirable to have OS Windows XP.

Thanks morfiy_by

I only have the official optus2.2 install program so I am not sure how to return to 2.2 as the application says it is for lotus tablets only. I think the system reports incorrectly.

I never kept a copy of the lotus 2.2 as a backup either.

I do have a copy of an application (I think an official zte) that can flash 8 tablets at a time but it doesn't seem to function with cwm at reboot just hangs.

Any idea how to trick the optus installer to let me put 2.2 back on?

Guest Morfiy_by

The quantity of memory can be checked via the Terminal emulator, the command: df

Is there will be the most certain way.

I am a curator at the Russian forum 4pda.ru on ZTE V9.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=236560&view=getnewpost

There are instructions and tools on a firmware on 2.2, 2.3.7, 4.x, but they in Russian. I can make translate, however, I don't promise that all of you will understand. I have feeble knowledge of English, use an online translator. If you are able to use the translator, you can try something to read...

There is a program for the PC and the official version of a firmware of an Android 2.2. Anything difficult in their use isn't present.

1 . Download the program for BorlCand_MultiDL_MSM7227 ROM. (

http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/1623694/BorlCand_MultiDL_MSM7227.msi). You shall be registered on a site for downloading of this file

2 . Download archive with a ROM V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03.rar (http://yadi.sk/d/kjuTJ2Lc3Rvna) and unpack in the folder convenient for you.

3 . Launch the program for a ROM and you specify in it in the lower left corner, SW Directory - where there is an unpacked ROM.

4 . Disconnect a pad from an USB (if it was connected), you take out the battery for 10 seconds (it is possible more), you get the SIM card and a SD map.

5 . Insert back the battery, you clamp the Volume button (-) and switching on as soon as to join don't remove a finger from the volume button, yet you won't see on the screen FTM text (or Recovery).

6 . Connect a pad by means of an USB cable to the computer.

7 . Come into the Device manager, look for among Ports (COM and LTP) a line with the pad name, you remember port number (COM)

8. In a MultiDL you click Option-> Port Config. Here from Line1----DIAG we select number of COM port to which the pad is connected. You click - OK.

9 . In the program in the field - to Action Mode - we grade on point - Download, also we grade in the field - Super User

10. Click - Start All.

11 . Wait for the end of operation. Progress will be specified on top.

12 . Include a pad.

The note to point 6: If the FTM mode that doesn't join you check correctness of clicking of buttons: VOLUME - and SWITCHING ON if again there is no that, you transfer phone to a DFU mode: VOLUME - both VOLUME + and SWITCHING ON, the screen won't light up, 1 time only charging indicator will blink.

Edited by Morfiy_by

Guest mitchiti

Thanks Morfiy, I have noticed that it is a little laggy with the Int2Ext method, but I was just happy to have such a great version of Jelly Bean and all my apps running on this old tablet!  I'll give your instructions a go as soon as I can get a chance.

I think it would be a great improvement if you could change the cashe partition because 37.50MB is useless I think 7mb is ok and you can increase the data storage by 30mb so many users don t have to use Simple2EXT or other ways who makes it luggy
Great work Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Just out of curiosity, where have you guys seen the compatibility problems? With armv6 maybe?

not quite sure what you all mean by "compatibility problems" but kitkat builds for armv6 have made almost no progress for a few weeks now. AFAICT nobody can build libwebviewchromium.so from external/chromium_org/ - it fails at the link stage with what looks like a toolchain linker bug.

pretty much everything else builds, and I've even booted it (with some hacks and without the webview .so), but as that webview .so is needed for dalvik/art the rom is kinda useless - it can't run any java - so the boot doesn't get very far. funnily enough what's working so far might be good enough for FirefoxOS, but it's no good for Android :). Also presumably there will be lots of other kitkat problems once we get past this one too...

I have some (small) hope that using a different linker or using obscure linker options will let me build the webview .so because each of the linkers (gold, bfd, mcld) seems to fail in a different way. ld.mcld looks the most hopeful at this stage. anyway, it's all a WIP... no ETA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

new cm10.2 rom (based on android 4.3.1) posted - 20131226. pretty much just a refresh to cm10.2 final. see the first post for details.

Where have you been PbP? Have you stopped working on this project? :)

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Where have you been PbP? Have you stopped working on this project? :)

I doubt anybody is working on cm10.2 any more. no more updates unless there's a big security problem.

cm11 is what I've been working on.