[DEV][MOD][TOOL] ACERTool v4 [UPDATED]

Guest razvankim

Guest execpwd

Let's be serious... Windows 8 is so cheap, everyone can afford an original copy ;). BTW : My Windows is up to date and is also original.

@srsdani I'm curious if you are running Windows 8 x64 and you got the drivers 'served' when you first plugged in your phone.

Still problem not solved.

Guest execpwd

Problem solved! All those who want to know how you can install the drivers please add my skype ID ( on my profile ) and call me on skype, but you will have to trust me if you want to get it working. It's not a hard ( complicated ) process but you may harm your WindowsOS if you are doing it wrong ... ( same risk as Android )

[EDIT] : I also want to know if there is any risk at rooting the romanian version of Acer S500, running orgrod 4.1.2 JB. Also will rooting factory reset Acer ? Any risk of bricking my phone ? Will I be able to unroot it if I have to take it to Orange Service ? Thank you kind sirs.

Edited by execpwd

Guest Ivan69

I'm using the Romanian version too... I used the version 0.3a of this tool without any issue, successfully rooted

The same tool gives you the possibility to unroot the phone, but sincerly I didn't tried... no reasons to do at the moment

A little risk is always present when tricking with the OS, rooting it, unrooting it, modding it... ;-)

Guest execpwd

I'm using the Romanian version too... I used the version 0.3a of this tool without any issue, successfully rooted

The same tool gives you the possibility to unroot the phone, but sincerly I didn't tried... no reasons to do at the moment

A little risk is always present when tricking with the OS, rooting it, unrooting it, modding it... ;-)

What about the factory reset? I don't know very much about the rooting process since I have only installed already rooted roms and CWM on samsung devices ...

Also , my device is intact, i have no CWM or TWRP installed ... Is it necesary to install one of them before root ? Do they void my warranty ? Considering some problems may/will appear in time ... maybe I will need to take my phone to service, and so far i don't know any method to uninstall CWM or TWRP...

Edited by execpwd

Guest Ivan69

No factory reset with root/unroot (options 1 and 2 of the tool)

With options 3 and 4 you can boot CWM or TWRP without changing the standard recovery, they're applied only until the next reboot (there're procedure to install them in permanent way)

The same for option 5, in case you've to update SU or AdAway and so on (there're procedures to make the system RW permanent, this will remain active only until next reboot)

CWM/TWRP are not mandatory to apply root

Guest execpwd

No factory reset with root/unroot (options 1 and 2 of the tool)

With options 3 and 4 you can boot CWM or TWRP without changing the standard recovery, they're applied only until the next reboot (there're procedure to install them in permanent way)

The same for option 5, in case you've to update SU or AdAway and so on (there're procedures to make the system RW permanent, this will remain active only until next reboot)

CWM/TWRP are not mandatory to apply root

Ok... Thank you very much. I think this afternoon or night I will try to root my device... I hope everything will be alright... Thanks for the help, Ivan ;D

Guest execpwd

Hello ! I am back with another 3 questions ( or more ). 1st Q : Where can I find a tutorial to root the device ( step by step ) through the acertool v4? ; 2nd Q : Is busybox compatible with our CloudMobile ? ; 3rd Q : Did anyone try the "sotfkeyz" app ? Is it working on our devices ? Thank you.

Guest lone-wolf

Hello ! I am back with another 3 questions ( or more ). 1st Q : Where can I find a tutorial to root the device ( step by step ) through the acertool v4? ; 2nd Q : Is busybox compatible with our CloudMobile ? ; 3rd Q : Did anyone try the "sotfkeyz" app ? Is it working on our devices ? Thank you.

2. Yes, but you need to reboot in RW mode(option 5 in tool)  to fully install busybox. 

3. Yes, I tried and it works. The phone need to be rooted and, again, you must reboot in RW mode to modify the softkeys.

Guest razvankim

Not necesarelly . You can use terminal emulator and type : 

This will mount /system partition and after that you can install busybox without restarting in /rw mode hack from tool

su
mount -o remount,rw / system
Edited by razvankim

Guest execpwd

Good to know. Today I had a spare hour and managed to root the device. I will install BusyBox as soon as possible and I will happily use SoftKeyz. Also, did anyone try to unroot the device? Any tutorials out there? I mention that I didn't root the device through the 1st option in the V4 TOOL, I rooted it through TWRP... I hope it won't affect anything. The device works, and I hope it will continue working. (Should I allow or deny in SuperUser the 'systemupdater' tool?) 

Guest execpwd

HELP ! How to update superuser ? I almost cra**ed myself when I accidentaly hit " update from recovery " and the phone went into 'dead android + triangle on it' mode... I need help?

BTW : After that My battery instantly went from 80 % to 16 % ... say WHATT !?

Anyways now the phone is fully awake, but superuser says he has to be updated... so please teach me how to update it...

Please help me ! :D

Later Edit : I managed to update Superuser through Reboot RW; I also turned the phone off and replugged the batter and now it is back to normal. I hope it will be alright.

Edited by execpwd

Guest Spacecaker

Hey,

is it possible to make the nav-bar transparent or semi-transparent? Thanks! ^_^

Yes its possible

Download xposed and gravitybox and u have tons of options :3

post-974143-0-70537700-1382261785_thumb.

Edited by Spacecaker

Guest execpwd

I'd also like to recommend Auto-Hide Soft Keys ( GMD )... I am using it since day one of root and it's amazing. It saves so much space and I have my nav-bar only when I need / want it.

I would also like to ask for an apk that allows you to move data from SDCard to ExternalMemory ( I mean something like app2sd... ) I've tried so many apks I can't count them, but none of them worked... So please , if you know some app that works, let us know.

Guest execpwd

Yes its possible

Download xposed and gravitybox and u have tons of options :3

attachicon.gif2013-10-19.png

Do I need BusyBox to use Xposed and GravityBox? I haven't installed BusyBox yet... and I was not planning to do it, but if I need it for Xposed I will install it...