(Q) Phone won't charge

Guest katisha

Hi, I have searched this forum for an answer but been unable to find.

I have problems charging the phone with the supplied charger, sometimes it will show it is taking a charge but the percentage doesn't go up, another time it will charge for a few minutes then stop (but still showing the charge icon) - if i take the usb lead from the phone and replace it, it may start charging again! And sometimes it won't connect to the charger at all. I have bought a replacement charger but that won't charge the phone either.

I have had this phone a few weeks (its a hand-me-down, as the previous owner had the same problems). I have successfully charged it once with the supplied charger and once with the phone connected to the laptop.

Has anyone had success rectifying this problem (assuming it is possible)?

Thanks

Katisha

Guest BlueMoonRising

If you bought it (or accepted for free) with an existing problem then there's probably no solution. It's either a faulty USB port or (maybe more likely) an overheating problem. Does it get hot when charging?

BTW :- if you google "modaco san diego usb not charging" you'll find plenty of examples.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrPuddington

Hi, I have searched this forum for an answer but been unable to find.

I have problems charging the phone with the supplied charger

I may have the same problem. It started yesterday, suddenly, and without warning. I connected the phone to charge, but the SoC did not go up. I thought maybe it was a bad connection, but today the same happened. If I turn off the phone and connect it to the charger, it will wake up, show the battery symbol, but no charging, and then it will power down again. I tried different cables and different chargers, so this does seem to be a phone problem. 

Any idea? Is it just a loose contact, or is it more serious? I am dreading talking to Orange again... (on the other hand I could get a Nexus 4 instead, because there are just too many compatibility issues with Intel.)

Hi, I too have tried charging the phone with a different charger but no luck.

Another time while the phone was connected to the original supplied charger, I had the message to disconnect that charger and to connect the supplied charger, work that one out! Its a shame as I like the phone.

I haven't found found an answer to this problem, and as the phone was passed on to me, I will just have to put up with it, bummer.

I hope you have better luck with the outcome