• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

G510: dead

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I left the phone on charge overnight and this morning nothing. After pulling the battery and restarting, the Huawei logo appears briefly and then the screen goes blank with no sign of life. Booting into recovery also produces a blank screen. Looks as if I shall have to take the damn thing into Vodafone AGAIN. This time, however, they will see the root hack that I cannot now remove.

Buying this phone was a bad move and in retrospect, the ZTE Skate I had before was a much better device. :(

Edited by Voxpop2011

Posted · Report post

They can't tell the phones been dabbled with if its not booting fully, could be a faulty firmware for all they no, by right you have the right to exchange or swap for the same product, they won't be clever enough to think that far ahead, tell them you woke up and the phone was blank screen'd no.life in it atall.. sound really cheesed off like you where depending on your alarm and you missed a meeting haha!

Posted · Report post

Well I bit the bullet and took in for repair. I hope you are right about them not being able to detect root because I can envisage it being sent back without having been fixed. I will then have a very expensive brick.

Posted · Report post

Might try the same with my knackered, rooted Y300: send it to Carphone Warehouse and hope for the best... As long as they don't make me pay to post it back, fair enough

Posted · Report post

I am convinced the root hacks for these phones (G510/Y300) is what screws up some handsets. I had to send it back previously as following root, the phone really started to play up. I uninstalled root, did a factory reset and took it into Vodafone because it continued to be unstable. This time I left it too late. I have my unlock code and was going to read up before attempting to do anything as I understand that unlocking removes root anyway. :(