• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stuck on Huawei logo after downgrade.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I tried to downgrade from ICS to gingerbread. My version is 2030 at the minute.

I downloaded the file to my SD card, went into CWM and did all the bits.... now though my phone won't even load up.

I just want gingerbread back. :(

I'm not very good at this stuff.

please help.

thanking in advance.

Posted

Deacribe exactly step by step what did you do and what you have flashed

Posted

Ohhh, I have managed to restore it by going into backup in CWM.

Basically I am trying to go from ICS... 2030 to gingerbread.

I downloaded the downgrade file in one of the threads. I then copies that to my root of my SD card.

wENT INTO cwm.... i INSTALLED ZIP FROM sdcard... wENT DOWN, selected it... then i wipes and reset etc.

Posted (edited)

Thought I had sorted it, but went to reboot and nope. :(

I'm doing another 'back up' now... What do I have to clear once I've done the backup?

I know you have to go into mount and storage, but I don't know what fields to clear.

There's different options. Some are 'format', some are 'mount'....but like with the same name.

So it will say 'mount data'...'format data'... So I don't know which ones are which or what to do.

thanks.

Edited by ThomasCobb

Posted

Anyone. :(

I think my phone is dead.

Posted

Copy b952 official to sdcard and force flash it using volume up down and power button

Posted

Copy b952 official to sdcard and force flash it using volume up down and power button

This post explains how to do this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104

If the two part zip version of B952 in that post is a problem for you then you can also download B952 here:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)

Anyone. :(

I think my phone is dead.

Almost certainly not and it can be revived. :)

Try the force update of B952 ICS first to see if you can get it back up and running that way.

If you can then I/we can help you get back to GB.

Edited by dalyer

Posted

Thank you so much guys.

I feel really fed up now. I know it's only a phone, but it's really frustrating.

I really hope I haven't bricked the phone. What if I've taken the operating system away? I was messing about with things in mount and storage.

I've got work now anyway and it was suppose to be my day off. Will have a go at this when I get in tonight.

:((((

thank you.

Posted

When you say force flash?

Is that the option when it asks you to choose zip from sdcard?

Posted

Yes

Posted

I feel really fed up now. I know it's only a phone, but it's really frustrating.

Yeah - I'm a bit fed up with the G300 but I must be a bit of a masochist that I can't leave well enough alone and I keep messing with it! :D

I really hope I haven't bricked the phone.

Very unlikely that you have permanently bricked it. It should be recoverable.

Posted

OK. I'm home from work.

Once I have flashed it what do I wipe?

Is it the cache, the ... can't think now and factory/reset?

Posted

OK I tried to do it once with the B952. Copied it over to my SD card.

Tried to flash it, but it came up with 'Installation aborted'.

I don't know if it's because the file I downloaded was a folder within a folder, within another one.

I downloaded just the one zip file RE post #7 (second link).

I am trying to just copy the one file over...because within that download is a PDF document as well. Having problems just transfering the one onto SD though.

I have to copy the whole of the zipped folder over.

If that makes sense :s

Posted

OK, so I tried another B952 download.

Not sure if the other one I downloaded was corrupt or my internet connection went or something.

So I managed to flash it and install it, but still no luck. Just stuck on the logo screen. :(((((((

This was the one I downloaded: http://www.igottadroid.com/ModMarket/Listings/XDA-L-1967809.html

Posted

^Wow you just dont read what other people say or you like to torture yourself??

DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL B952 FROM HUAWEI WEBSITE

Posted

^Wow you just dont read what other people say or you like to torture yourself??

DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL B952 FROM HUAWEI WEBSITE

I have done twice now and both time when I've flashed it I get 'Installation aborted'. :s

That's the only reason I tried another B952. Tried downloading the original B952 again and still, 'installation aborted'.

Posted

:/

Try flashing this first

http://huaweig300.co...oads/UPDATE.APP

Then stock b952

OK will do it now.

I did read somewhere that your IMEI has to be 0 to install any UPDATE.APP which is what the B952 is I think.

Don't know if this is causing me problems?

Will try that one you've given me.

thank you.

Posted

That file isn't in a folder so I don't think my SD card is registering it in CWM.

When I click on it on my computer it asks me how I want to open it.

Posted

I give up.

I don't see what else I can do.

Think I'm going to have to go buy a new phone :(((

Posted

I did read somewhere that your IMEI has to be 0 to install any UPDATE.APP which is what the B952 is I think.

No:

Zeroing the IMEI is one way to do things but if you can avoid it you should.

No offence but you are posting in multiple threads about the same thing and as mentioned above don't really seem to be reading the advice given so it's frustrating - for you - and others.... :wacko:

Posted

No:

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2158616

Zeroing the IMEI is one way to do things but if you can avoid it you should.

No offence but you are posting in multiple threads about the same thing and as mentioned above don't really seem to be reading the advice given so it's frustrating - for you - and others.... :wacko:

I am reading the advice. I've tried what has been written 3 times and every time I get 'Installation aborted'.

Posted (edited)

I give up.

I don't see what else I can do.

Think I'm going to have to go buy a new phone :(((

The phone is almost certainly recoverable but you need to be clearer in what you are trying to do, keep everything in one place (this thread - not posting the same stuff in other threads), and carefully read, understand and follow the advice that people post. If you do this you will get there but it may take a little effort.

Edited by dalyer

Posted

The phone is almost certainly recoverable but you need to be clearer in what you are trying to do (maybe start a new/clean thread - in the non development forum?) and follow the advice that people post.

OK. Will do. Thank you.