Stuck on Huawei logo after downgrade.

Guest ThomasCobb

Guest ThomasCobb

I tried to downgrade from ICS to gingerbread. My version is 2030 at the minute.

I downloaded the file to my SD card, went into CWM and did all the bits.... now though my phone won't even load up.

I just want gingerbread back. :(

I'm not very good at this stuff.

please help.

thanking in advance.

Guest ThomasCobb

Ohhh, I have managed to restore it by going into backup in CWM.

Basically I am trying to go from ICS... 2030 to gingerbread.

I downloaded the downgrade file in one of the threads. I then copies that to my root of my SD card.

wENT INTO cwm.... i INSTALLED ZIP FROM sdcard... wENT DOWN, selected it... then i wipes and reset etc.

Guest ThomasCobb

Thought I had sorted it, but went to reboot and nope. :(

I'm doing another 'back up' now... What do I have to clear once I've done the backup?

I know you have to go into mount and storage, but I don't know what fields to clear.

There's different options. Some are 'format', some are 'mount'....but like with the same name.

So it will say 'mount data'...'format data'... So I don't know which ones are which or what to do.

thanks.

Edited by ThomasCobb

Copy b952 official to sdcard and force flash it using volume up down and power button

This post explains how to do this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104

If the two part zip version of B952 in that post is a problem for you then you can also download B952 here:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Hope this helps.

Anyone. :(

I think my phone is dead.

Almost certainly not and it can be revived. :)

Try the force update of B952 ICS first to see if you can get it back up and running that way.

If you can then I/we can help you get back to GB.

Edited by dalyer

Guest ThomasCobb

Thank you so much guys.

I feel really fed up now. I know it's only a phone, but it's really frustrating.

I really hope I haven't bricked the phone. What if I've taken the operating system away? I was messing about with things in mount and storage.

I've got work now anyway and it was suppose to be my day off. Will have a go at this when I get in tonight.

:((((

thank you.

I feel really fed up now. I know it's only a phone, but it's really frustrating.

Yeah - I'm a bit fed up with the G300 but I must be a bit of a masochist that I can't leave well enough alone and I keep messing with it! :D

I really hope I haven't bricked the phone.

Very unlikely that you have permanently bricked it. It should be recoverable.

Guest ThomasCobb

OK I tried to do it once with the B952. Copied it over to my SD card.

Tried to flash it, but it came up with 'Installation aborted'.

I don't know if it's because the file I downloaded was a folder within a folder, within another one.

I downloaded just the one zip file RE post #7 (second link).

I am trying to just copy the one file over...because within that download is a PDF document as well. Having problems just transfering the one onto SD though.

I have to copy the whole of the zipped folder over.

If that makes sense :s

Guest ThomasCobb

^Wow you just dont read what other people say or you like to torture yourself??

DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL B952 FROM HUAWEI WEBSITE

I have done twice now and both time when I've flashed it I get 'Installation aborted'. :s

That's the only reason I tried another B952. Tried downloading the original B952 again and still, 'installation aborted'.

I did read somewhere that your IMEI has to be 0 to install any UPDATE.APP which is what the B952 is I think.

No:

Zeroing the IMEI is one way to do things but if you can avoid it you should.

No offence but you are posting in multiple threads about the same thing and as mentioned above don't really seem to be reading the advice given so it's frustrating - for you - and others.... :wacko:

Guest ThomasCobb

No:

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2158616

Zeroing the IMEI is one way to do things but if you can avoid it you should.

No offence but you are posting in multiple threads about the same thing and as mentioned above don't really seem to be reading the advice given so it's frustrating - for you - and others.... :wacko:

I am reading the advice. I've tried what has been written 3 times and every time I get 'Installation aborted'.

I give up.

I don't see what else I can do.

Think I'm going to have to go buy a new phone :(((

The phone is almost certainly recoverable but you need to be clearer in what you are trying to do, keep everything in one place (this thread - not posting the same stuff in other threads), and carefully read, understand and follow the advice that people post. If you do this you will get there but it may take a little effort.

Edited by dalyer

Guest ThomasCobb

The phone is almost certainly recoverable but you need to be clearer in what you are trying to do (maybe start a new/clean thread - in the non development forum?) and follow the advice that people post.

OK. Will do. Thank you.