All custom roms for Huawei Ascend Y300/G510

Guest Ducsidu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Strider_1

Hi guys!

Is there a way to download the full ROM from inside of the phone?

I have a Huawei Y300, which some time ago I unlocked, installed TWRP and don't remeber exactly what else, but it lost the branding and when I "restore it to factory settings" it applies some OS version other than the original, T-Mobile branded. I would like to flash it back to original ROM (Y300-0100V100R001POLC150B171) which I cannot find anywhere on the net (it's polish T-Mobile branded).

I have access to a second Y300 with the same branded ROM, not modified in any way, and I thought of dumping the ROM from there and using it on my phone. I've been googling for it since several hours but cannot find any tool or guide how to do such ROM download (to update.app file). Is it even possible? Or maybe you know where can I find the ROM I am looking for?

P.S. I tried flashing to official general stock ROM (V100R001C00B189) but it fails, probably due to branding on my phone and I would like to avoid modifying IMEI.

I verified that I still have the same ROM version on my device, but the only thing gone is some of the T-Mobile branding. I can see the same bloatware as in branded version (T-Mobile stuff too), but the wallpaper is different and widgets are missing when compared to original. Is it possible that by rooting it or installing TWRP I removed the branding alone and all the rest is the "clean" system? How to unroot it and apply original "system restore" tool from this point?

Edited by Strider_1
Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nonobio

Hi :)

On 20 Dec 2014, i had this conversation with Luca020400 :

Hi, in april you recommend kra105

rom for my y300. It seems that now you recommend fonz rom and most of all aosp mod?

With kra105 i had some reboots. Can i hope more stable rom with fonz ir aosp mod? Thanks

and he replied this :

Aosp mod , cm10.1 by fonz and carbon ROM are the best rom

Since, i used cm10.1 by fonz and my Y300 worked fine but is there any new good roms (maybe with more recent android version) i could try ? (i want a stable rom. I like cyanogen features but i use similar ones with xposed and gravitybox on my other phone. Now, my Y300 is used by my childrens and i need a stable rom, and would like some extra features like provided with gravitybox are cyanogen.

Thanks

Edited by nonobio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pesartom
12 hours ago, Vix_Sk said:

best kitkat rom and best gapps?

best kitkat for what? daily use (smooth multi tasking), or gaming?

in the ones i tried, i would recommend slimkat legacy for daily use

the only bug!!! (it might not be a bug, but the developers feature) is that it reboots after disconnecting from a pc.

you cant say which gapps is the best, ive downloaded gapps from opengapps ad different dates and they sometimes feel diffferent

Edited by pesartom

5 hours ago, pesartom said:

best kitkat for what? daily use (smooth multi tasking), or gaming?

in the ones i tried, i would recommend slimkat legacy for daily use

the only bug!!! (it might not be a bug, but the developers feature) is that it reboots after disconnecting from a pc.

you cant say which gapps is the best, ive downloaded gapps from opengapps ad different dates and they sometimes feel diffferent

for all daily use and gaming.. with slimkat legacy that i use for a long time now it gave me always play services has stop working..and now i use carbon by luca that doesn't have this problem

Guest pesartom
4 hours ago, Vix_Sk said:

for all daily use and gaming.. with slimkat legacy that i use for a long time now it gave me always play services has stop working..and now i use carbon by luca that doesn't have this problem

i used that for near 8 months, i did sometimes flash another one (mostly lp, for testing) but i went back to slimkat with backup and i didnt have that problem