[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

I did spend some hours yesterday on compiling cm-10.2 for my Gen1 ZTE Blade following the instructions in post #3.

Some observations:

- cm-10.2 compiles without any problems on Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon (64 bit).  SUN JDK is not required, openjdk-6-jdk is sufficient. Additional packages I had to install on Mint: schedtool, pngcrush.

- wbaw's "Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10 stock" results in following partition sizes: /system 215 MB, /data 203.5 MB, /cache 37.5 MB

- A "wipe data/reset to factory defaults" (ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0) doesn't wipe /system. So I also had to do a "format /system".

- After installing cm-10.2 the /system partition was used 195 MB  leaving not enough space to install gapps-jb43-20130924-KonstaKANG.zip. So I've installed instead: minimal_edited-Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.2.zip. 

-  I did replace  /system/app/Phonesky.apk with  com.android.vending-4.5.10.apk to get the latest Google Play version.

- To get the Navigation Bar I've  added  "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to /system/build.prop and to get more space for apps I 'm using mounts2sd.

cm-10.2 runs fine so far on my old  Blade, I'm very surprised. 

Thanks KonstaT for all your great work!

Guest KonstaT

- After installing cm-10.2 the /system partition was used 195 MB  leaving not enough space to install gapps-jb43-20130924-KonstaKANG.zip. So I've installed instead: minimal_edited-Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.2.zip. 

Yeah, you'll have more dictionaries in LatinIME and more wallpapers in Trebuchet. That's most likely where size difference comes from compared to my builds. Gapps from the first post seems to take pretty much exactly 25mb of system space.

Guest KonstaT
Most likely my last build for ZTE Blade. ROM + gapps from the first post do not fit 180mb /system anymore! If I did my math correct, ROM + gapps is 181.3mb now so you'll need to trim at least couple of mbs to be on the safe side. Or you can of course always do a TPT for bigger system partition.

cm-10.2-20131220-KonstaKANG-blade.zip (please don't mirror this ROM)
md5:11913723d5473145aa34176627337dc4

-CM 10.2.0 final
-WhisperPush (merged)

Guest johnnyjoe

Hi!

Can I just install the new build (20/12) over the last one, or should I do some wipes? If so, what should I do? Just dalvik?

I don't wanna go truth a hole clean install right now.... : )

Thanks KonstaT for all your amazing work!

Cheers!

Guest KonstaT

Can I just install the new build (20/12) over the last one, or should I do some wipes? If so, what should I do? Just dalvik?

No need to wipe anything updating from previous builds. Just make sure your /system partition is large enough.

GPS is constantly turning on and off. Anyone else has this problem?

edit: after a restart it's not happening anymore.

If you remove Email, Apollo and CM File manager from the rom, you have 2.47 MB left on /system.

Edited by sharix

Just flashed this rom and gapps. I deleted all non-english languages, the amount of space taken is: 172mb

EDIT: I though play store wasn't working - It turns out that the wifi wasn't working even after i connected to wifi. Disconnecting wifi and reconnecting fixed it.

EDIT2: wifi stops working and play store won't work, it just says "no connection" even though wifi is working as i tested the web browser.

EDIT3: after lots of attempts i gave up on play store than ran the email app, then tried play store app, now play store works.

EDIT4: Wifi is definitely messed up, when you restart the phone the wifi doesn't work even though it is connected, you have to disconnect then reconnect to get it to work.

Edited by Guest

Most likely my last build for ZTE Blade. ROM + gapps from the first post do not fit 180mb /system anymore! If I did my math correct, ROM + gapps is 181.3mb now so you'll need to trim at least couple of mbs to be on the safe side. Or you can of course always do a TPT for bigger system partition.

cm-10.2-20131220-KonstaKANG-blade.zip (please don't mirror this ROM)
md5:11913723d5473145aa34176627337dc4

-CM 10.2.0 final
-WhisperPush (merged)

Cheers big guy much apreaciated :)

Guest sej7278

anyone finding they can't install gapps even with a 185mb /system using the latest build? no error or anything, they're just not installed when i reboot from recovery. tried with the previous build too.

edit: ignore, fecking tpt helper didn't work, still got 160mb

Edited by sej7278

Just flashed this rom and gapps. I deleted all non-english languages, the amount of space taken is: 172mb

EDIT4: Wifi is definitely messed up, when you restart the phone the wifi doesn't work even though it is connected, you have to disconnect then reconnect to get it to work.

great nice find...u are truly a genius...

i already found that bug 3 months ago in the oct build

anyone know hoe to get rid of the beep when you end a call..

the oct build didnt have it...

its very annoying when u are in a quiet room...

Edited by vNa5h

Guest pit1981

anyone know how to fix this RPC:S-3 problem, i can't download anything from play.

Try to remove and then add again your Google account, that worked for me some time ago.

anyone know hoe to get rid of the beep when you end a call..

the oct build didnt have it...

its very annoying when u are in a quiet room...

Yeah this is one annoying bug. Also the busy line signal is played on the music speaker, very annoying.

Guest sej7278

Try to remove and then add again your Google account, that worked for me some time ago.

yup solved it now thanks. i've got to say 4.3 is the most flaky android i've ever used. google+ won't even start, everything seems really slow too. time i got a nexus5, although i'd prefer a smaller phone.

p.s. i don't mean anything against konstat's work, i think its 4.3 itself not the blade port.

Edited by sej7278

Yeah this is one annoying bug. Also the busy line signal is played on the music speaker, very annoying.

i guess i will go back to the oct build...just coz of this bug...

also i didnt notice much diff...

There is something definitely wrong with the newest build. I have removed not needed dictionaries from LatinIME and the bootanimation and after this it fits 180 MB system partition without problem. But I can not install apps from Google Play. Wifi stops working at times, and Google+ does not work at all as it was already mentioned. It seems it is better to stay with the previous build.

Guest szpilasty

I do not have problems with WiFi solved Play Store problem - but got this.post-1010266-13876478027365_thumb.jpg Rebooting didn't work, had to wipe cash /dalvk cash. Now is working - will see.

Edited by szpilasty

Guest sej7278

There is something definitely wrong with the newest build. I have removed not needed dictionaries from LatinIME and the bootanimation and after this it fits 180 MB system partition without problem. But I can not install apps from Google Play. Wifi stops working at times, and Google+ does not work at all as it was already mentioned. It seems it is better to stay with the previous build.

glad its not just me, i didn't mess with the build as i have a 186mb /system. oh also maps display is all wobbly kind of like szpilasty above

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

yup solved it now thanks. i've got to say 4.3 is the most flaky android i've ever used. google+ won't even start, everything seems really slow too. time i got a nexus5, although i'd prefer a smaller phone.

I highly doubt there's anything wrong with wifi in the new build that hasn't always been there. I did two months worth of Play Store app updates over wifi yesterday and it worked just fine. Issue with wifi reconnecting after reboot has been there since the first build (or actually it reconnects but data doesn't move - you need to toggle wifi off/on after a reboot). If you really think there's something changed, you could try using /system/bin/wpa_supplicant from the previous build but I doubt it's going to make any difference.

I've heard that the latest Google+ has a native ARMv7 lib so it won't work on any ROM on this device. You'll need to some digging for an older version.

Guest sej7278

I've heard that the latest Google+ has a native ARMv7 lib so it won't work on any ROM on this device. You'll need to some digging for an older version.

yup i heard something like that too - they're making google+ into so many things (photo editor etc.) that its gone native at least in part. i don't really miss it, google+ is a barren wasteland anyway.

Guest dreis911

Thanks a lot KonstaT for all your work, patience AND sharing it all with us.

Just installed this last ROM and everything seems to be working as it was before.

WiFi is working OK.  GPS is working OK.  Mounts2SD is working OK.

:wub:   I just love this "snail phone".... thanks to you guys who have worked (freely) a lot for this to be possible!

Thanks to all involved and this forum too.

Edit: And I'm still working with 160MB /system !!!!

Edited by dreis911