Simon O

Tesco unveil the £119 Hudl - a low cost, Archos built tablet

59 posts in this topic

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

I do need to root it however. Any news on that? I don't want to break it 

Multiple ways of doing it. I used some dodgy Chinese program to root it on windows. Few ways to do it though. Totally worth it if you have the vouchers.

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

I do need to root it however. Any news on that? I don't want to break it 

You won't "break" it - man up! :P

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

Contrary to what others may say, I recommend jumping in the deep end; it teaches you how not to drown, sharpish!

Don't be scared by the experiences of other people or by their opinions - people are wimps these days - break things if you have to - just have fun, and remember... you can always flash the stock image and start again if you get too stuck.

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

if you're really worrying, CWM will be out pretty soon, anyway. Can't get much more of a safety net, haha.

Remember the stock RKTools image is now available so that should be a pretty decent safety net.

P

I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)

No probs, totally understand. You never know, my forum might even help bring some new users here :)

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)