MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Devs, any way to flash cwm via s3e recovery?

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cheers, since i was going to develop on this phone i thought i'd get a copy of it, problem was that it was sim locked and i couldn't test some things because of it so i did what any sensible person would do, i grabbed a dd copy of mmcblk0 off of an unlocked phone.

Problem was that it was constantly rebooting so i set out to fix that, booted into CWM and did the usual adb stuff to clean and fix, didn't help so i thought i'd just install a stock rom and go from there, well now i'm in a bit of a pickle because since i do have the stock dd image as a backup image file i now have no way to access anything that will provide adb so i can dd it back. I can't adb reboot bootloader and fastboot it either..

I've tried various combinations as well as signing the update zip on the fly to reinstall CWM but i keep getting verification fail.

So.. any ideas are welcome, I'm on Linux but if i have to i can access a windows machine.

Mainly, the goal at this point is to reach a point where i can adb shell and dd some stuff back into place, since i have a full backup (dd if=mmcblk0 of=ztebackuptotal.img) of both this phone and an unlocked phone i could probably figure out what part to restore and what to keep if i just had a way to access the phones mmcblk0 via adb.

Konstat, my man, what say you?

Posted · Report post

What happened to the CWM? What recovery you have now? If you have stock recovery, just install suitable stock ZTE firmware from stock ROMs thread.

There's no way to flash anything with stock recovery that isn't signed with ZTE's test key.

Posted · Report post

What happened to the CWM? What recovery you have now? If you have stock recovery, just install suitable stock ZTE firmware from stock ROMs thread.

There's no way to flash anything with stock recovery that isn't signed with ZTE's test key.

Yeah, see, that doesn't fix anything even if i do install that since it doesn't cover some of the partitions that were changed during the dd to the new mmcblk0 for the device.

Thing is, if i could get it into ADB or access the phones mmcblk0 via linux somehow (i have managed to do this by holding down vol+ and - while powering on on the alcatel before) that would be great.

Is there a windows flasher that i can use a la the old blade because when i try to flash back to telenor ROM which the phone was originally setup with it just quits with verification failure (the ro device report isn't the same as the telenor update since i dd'd another phones mmcblk0 right on to it.)

Any way to access mmcblk0 by any means or a windows flasher (or linux flasher) that can push the telenor rom onto that without checking for actual device reports would be awesome, or if there is some way i can bypass verification either on the stock recovery or a windows flasher.

I wanted this phone so i could make the new touch recovery and multiboot for it.

BTW, i don't know if you know this but Bagyusz has been tracking  your kernel and legacymod with his releases for Alcatel OT995 (he got the idea from my github, i implemented your fixes and my own fixed audio drivers).

For that device i'm still stuck on trying to get the kernel to work right, it's a god damned Seiko driver that refuses to play well with the AOSP kernel, everything else works.

BTW, be glad you didn't buy the Alcatel OT995 the development on kernel is ... horrid, we have 3 (THREE) drivers for one lcd.

Posted · Report post

There's a windows tool but we only have files for V889D (dual-SIM gingerbread variant of this device). I know it's been successfully used to SIM unlock Acqua's though (another variant of this device).

Would QPST help btw? Not sure if you can dump/write partitions with it. I know it works with stock recovery (I've a done a NV memory backup).

Bagyusz, never heard. I found his XDA thread with Google and there's a link to legaCyMod github there. It's free for anyone to use, it's open source for a reason. :) It would be different it was KANGed without credit or something...

Posted · Report post

There's a windows tool but we only have files for V889D (dual-SIM gingerbread variant of this device). I know it's been successfully used to SIM unlock Acqua's though (another variant of this device).

Would QPST help btw? Not sure if you can dump/write partitions with it. I know it works with stock recovery (I've a done a NV memory backup).

Bagyusz, never heard. I found his XDA thread with Google and there's a link to legaCyMod github there. It's free for anyone to use, it's open source for a reason. :) It would be different it was KANGed without credit or something...

Oh it's more that just the use of legacymod, he's basically tracking your kernel (parts that do work) and have been since he implemented it into his non compiled ROM with a kernel based on your fixes.

I know it's free to use but i bugged him on telling people who it comes from, he's presenting it as his own creation, i know you're a very cool guy and you're not going to be bothered but i am bothered that he stole almost everything from my github and yours and while he says legacymod he doesn't even mention my contributions which are from the fixes for Apache kernel that i made.

He's not using the public stuff either, he is using the implementations from others and if you check out his code, that is my implementation of 8960 code adapted for 8x55.

Anyway, i'll try that tool since i can get into FTM mode, perhaps i can slip CWM in there somehow.

QPST should be able to access the partitions... i think, I'll check that right after i check if i can push a CWM via the N889D tool. If i get it unlocked too in the process i'll report back just like i did with the Gen III blade. :)

Kiitos (thank you) my Finnish friend.

Posted · Report post

I can't seem to download any of this... It just waits and then brings me back to the previous page with a warning.

Posted · Report post

Here's the tool. I won't upload the V889D files. Maybe you can push only recovery.img with it. Idk, I've never had to use it.

atlas40-DFU.zip

Posted · Report post

Here's the tool. I won't upload the V889 files. Maybe you can push only recovery.img with it. Idk, I've never had to use it.

Even if it doesn't work, you are awesome for getting this, i'll make it work somehow and maybe come up with whatever it is that unlocks the phone.

Great work all around and a friend in need.

Yeah, you're a great dev and a good friend to have.

Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Here's the tool. I won't upload the V889D files. Maybe you can push only recovery.img with it. Idk, I've never had to use it.

Could you PM me regarding the V889D files, i have to analyse them to see what it expects me to have in the update folder.

Posted · Report post

Which ones you need? I wouldn't want to upload the whole system image.

post-834050-0-51697400-1380303015_thumb.

Posted · Report post

Which ones you need? I wouldn't want to upload the whole system image.

I think i know which are which and what has to be renamed based on the filenames alone except for a couple of files but if you could just remove the system.img.ext4, boot.img, recovery.img and splash.img the it would make it one very small zip. :)

Posted · Report post

Thank you, that did the trick, i rebooted to recovery and dd'd back the old backup, now it lives again... :D

Now the question is, can it be unlocked by flashing the cefs.mbn like the old blade? I think i'll have to try that. ;)

Posted · Report post

Yeah, most likely. It's a Russian SIM unlocking guide for V880E (another atlas40 variant) I linked before. All the other stuff that the tool flashes is already included in every ZTE stock update. mmcblk0p11 is cefs afaik, mmcblk0p12 I've marked as unknown. Some ZTE devices have two partitions marked as cefs1 and cefs2.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, most likely. It's a Russian SIM unlocking guide for V880E (another atlas40 variant) I linked before. All the other stuff that the tool flashes is already included in every ZTE stock update. mmcblk0p11 is cefs afaik, mmcblk0p12 I've marked as unknown. Some ZTE devices have two partitions marked as cefs1 and cefs2.

Well, i tried it and now it reboots to recovery at every reboot so that didn't work all that well. :D

Back to square one i guess.

Posted · Report post

Well, I know there's people with Acqua variants that have used that guide to successfully SIM unlock their devices.

Btw, take a NV memory backup with QPST while you still can. Somehow I have feeling you're going to need it at some point. :P

Posted · Report post

Well, I know there's people with Acqua variants that have used that guide to successfully SIM unlock their devices.

Btw, take a NV memory backup with QPST while you still can. Somehow I have feeling you're going to need it at some point. :P

Yeah, i should probably do that before i try to use the DFU with stock recovery (i figure that is why it starts recovery, it wants to get into FTM mode).

Posted · Report post

Flashing cefs and cefs_null will produce a "no sim card detected" error, fortunately this can be fixed by restoring the backup but it's annoying.