• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Volume Boost

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sound quality on the Blade V while listening to music on headphones seems quite good, but it suffers the same problem all phones do in that the max volume has been artificially limited in the firmware, due to European laws, designed to supposedly protect our hearing. This limitation leaves the music listening experience severely crippled.

Every other phone I've owned had ways to bypass this limitation, either a volume unlocker app or custom kernel, either of which unlock the phone to allow the maximum volume the hardware is capable of. A much more pleasant and satisfying listening experience.

Volume can be boosted slightly with the inbuilt eq, but this results in distortion.

The volume unlock app that has worked on other phones (including the Blade 1 and Huawei G300) is this:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=202127

Sadly not working on the Blade V.

Anyone know of a way forward on this? I tried searching on the Blade 3 forum to see if there was a solution there but couldn't find anything.

Edited by popoyaya

Posted · Report post

Mine seems quite loud*.  The first time I tried to go above 3/4 volume it gave me a warning about going too loud but it let me do so and now lets me max the volume bar without the warning.

*I'm resonably old so be be content with quieter music than say a teenager or something. :D

Posted · Report post

Just noticed the app I posted needs root, which I haven't done yet.

Could someone with root test it out?

Posted · Report post

Try sound boost from play store seems to work for some.J.:D

Posted · Report post

Try sound boost from play store seems to work for some.J. :D

Thanks for that. Just tried it and no difference :/

Posted · Report post

Just discovered this trick which gives a good boost for headphone volume:

key in the dialler: *983*21# and click "Headset Mic"

It runs the Audioloop Test and considerably boosts headphone volume.

Together with viper4android the phone is now viable as a music player.

Posted · Report post

Just discovered this trick which gives a good boost for headphone volume:

key in the dialler: *983*21# and click "Headset Mic"

It runs the Audioloop Test and considerably boosts headphone volume.

Together with viper4android the phone is now viable as a music player.

The only button it allows me to click is handset how did you manage head set as its greyed out and will not change blue once presses. Cheers J.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You need headphones plugged in.

Also, don't exit the screen by pressing "ok" as this turns off the boost. Just press the home button on the handset .

Edited by popoyaya

Posted · Report post

You need headphones plugged in.

Also, don't exit the screen by pressing "ok" as this turns off the boost. Just press the home button on the handset .

Sorted thank-you. J:D

Posted · Report post

No doubt the different headphones/earphones will vary in regard to how much sound they produce with a given voltage. I have some Altec Lansing phones which are inserted into the ear and they're generally as loud (and in some instances louder) than I'm likely to need (but this assumes appropriate levelling of the files played).

Posted · Report post

I'm glad its not just me then.  I've never even had the phone on full volume yet with my headphones - never mind needed more available. :)

Posted · Report post

That's just from its feature list.  I've never tried it myself so you're probably better off asking over at XDA. :)

Posted · Report post

If you already have the Xposed Framework installed, download the XBlast Tools module.

The setting is under Volume Button Tweaks > Safe Headset Media Volume.

Posted · Report post

I upgraded to 2.2 from ZTE site and headphone volume dropped to below audible at maximum.

Using the Audio loop test as above brought it back to just about  audible but not on a train

Headset Volume Boost from the play store brought the headset volume back to usable, but it is a bit aggressive in its Adverts. Any suggestions for alternatives that work?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

ZTE  have really crippled the audio output on this phone. Such a shame and totally pointless.

Posted · Report post

I upgraded to 2.2 from ZTE site and headphone volume dropped to below audible at maximum.

Using the Audio loop test as above brought it back to just about  audible but not on a train

Headset Volume Boost from the play store brought the headset volume back to usable, but it is a bit aggressive in its Adverts. Any suggestions for alternatives that work?

Thanks

Can you give us a google play link to that Headset Volume Boost app? There are too many on google play...

Posted · Report post

OK, I've started using viper4android, and it really helps with clarity, dynamics,etc. BUT now whenever the screen is off, the audio stutters and drops out. So I've been reading up about changing the CPU govenor, anyone recommend a suitable one for this phone + audio?

Thanks