• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][4.1.1][B197][Y-300] Stratosh 06/10/2013 (Big Update)

108 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

like in cyanogenmod, when you click on about phone, that there are more and detailed informations :) thanks for the quick response 

greetz dataflash

Posted · Report post

like in cyanogenmod, when you click on about phone, that there are more and detailed informations :) thanks for the quick response 

greetz dataflash

these settings are only on cyanogenmod .. In order to include them i need to edit settings.apk but that is a waste of time mate. :/

Posted · Report post

after a day using it, this rom presents inestability signals.

In class i advice that it doesnt enter in silence mode sometimes. I silence all kind of sound and notifications still sounding.

I adviced too that sometimes the unlock/power button doesnt work, i have a mod with that i can wake up the phone with volume keys, and can power off with PIE, but sometimes the power button stop working

There are too the bugs of reboot option in power off menu and the quick reboot option in settings.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Do I wipe and install this? Or can I just flash this over the old stratosh ROM?

Edited by Yaqubyahya

Posted · Report post

I'm coming from stock 196. Do I have to wipe everything or can I just install this one over the old one?

Posted · Report post

I've bluetooth audio in my car, the phone connect to it and voice commands work fine but when the person who I'm calling answer me, i hear him on the phone audio and not in my car speakers, i checked on the phone and the audio option is set to bluetooth audio, so it should work but it doesn't! Any suggestions?

Posted · Report post

does volume rocker wake up work in this rom ?

Posted · Report post

I attempted going from stock 196 to this one I just flashed it over the old one and everything seems fine.

I also had the issue where screen went black after flashing was done. Pulled battery and everything is fine.

Browser is missing in this rom though, not sure if that's intentional?

Also, anything new on the battery drain?

Posted · Report post

I was using CM 10 before this. Volume is pretty much like stock if i compare with CM. Restart is missing in power press menu. volume rocker wake was useful in CM10 rom.

over all this is a good rom.

Posted · Report post

Is this ROM good? I am on B197 ultra light. Is this better?

question..does bravia engine work with this phone and where can i get it from..

Also the bottom lights back home and other one dont come on..is this normal with this rom??

Nop it's not normal .. Also this rom has already bravia engine 2!

Edited by stratoukos19

Posted · Report post

Is this ROM good? I am on B197 ultra light. Is this better?

you can try it and see if it is better or not :) 

i have some crash problem with some app as google play or launcher anytime....and my frontal camera dont work as recorder because gallery crashing every time i try to use it :(((...how can fix the crash?? i just try to wipe all but dont work...i change the launcher because today has crashed every time!! 

Edited by garloc

Posted · Report post

i have some crash problem with some app as google play or launcher anytime....and my frontal camera dont work as recorder because gallery crashing every time i try to use it :(((...how can fix the crash?? i just try to wipe all but dont work...i change the launcher because today has crashed every time!! 

hey garloc , i don't know why is this happening to you .. try to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache/system and reinstall the rom again (unless you already wipped them all) 

Posted · Report post

no problem today except camera/gallery crash!! i think to flash again if others crashes happen again...or i will wait for new update ;)

thanks for answer! nice rom by the way..very fast!

Posted · Report post

I noticed that the regular browser is missing from this ROM. While Chrome is my browser of choice it is sometimes infuriatingly slow.

Why was browser removed?

Posted · Report post

I noticed that the regular browser is missing from this ROM. While Chrome is my browser of choice it is sometimes infuriatingly slow.

Why was browser removed?

UC browser is fastest in my opinion

Posted · Report post

Will you be updating this rom?I like huawei stock look without emotion ui,but there's no reboot option in your rom.

Posted · Report post

Will you be updating this rom?I like huawei stock look without emotion ui,but there's no reboot option in your rom.

yes this next release that i'm working on , it will take a week more or so , because it will be a huge update ;) 

Posted · Report post

yes this next release that i'm working on , it will take a week more or so , because it will be a huge update ;)

Good to be hear!

You maked the best stock base rom for Y300 till now yet.  There is a Best battery usage in this rom!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks your works!

Keep it up!

"I tested the new 4.3 rom, but it had so much bugs!!!"

Posted · Report post

Hi strato! Please check bluetooth connection, the audio in my car doesn't connect to my phone

Posted · Report post

i look forward to the new release. :)

Posted · Report post

does this work on Y300-0151 and are the network "HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100" enabled?

Posted · Report post

does this work on Y300-0151 and are the network "HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100" enabled?

Yes this ROM should be fine on Y300-0151

This is by far the best ROM for the Y300/G510!

In the last few weeks I've tried most of the ROMs here http://www.modaco.com/topic/365268-all-custom-roms-for-huawei-ascend-y300g510/ except CM as I don't particularly like it.

The slim/light ones are very good too.

This ROM is very lean, fast and is void of tons of bloatware.

Battery is pretty good, I used a Battery Calibration App and leave WiFi on all the time. It's all relative to what you do or don't do, but I'm more than happy with it.

I have linked a few Huawei apps that work flawlessly with this ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns85zcidnweqod3/Huawei%20Pack.rar

If you want the Profiles button to work you need the HwProfileSwitcher.apk in the pack above.

I've included:

browser.apk

email.apk

HwFlashlight.apk

HwFMRadio.apk

HwProfile Switcher.apk

HwSoundRecorder.apk

HwWeatherClock

and the brilliant   MediaPlayer.apk

All can be installed as normal from a file manager.

I tried Nova Launcher too, makes a nice difference to the icons.

Enjoy this cheap, brilliant phone at its best!

Edited by bick