[ROM][4.1.1][B197][Y-300] Stratosh 06/10/2013 (Big Update)

Guest stratoukos19

Guest dataflash

like in cyanogenmod, when you click on about phone, that there are more and detailed informations :) thanks for the quick response 

greetz dataflash

Guest stratoukos19

like in cyanogenmod, when you click on about phone, that there are more and detailed informations :) thanks for the quick response 

greetz dataflash

these settings are only on cyanogenmod .. In order to include them i need to edit settings.apk but that is a waste of time mate. :/

Guest Glicerck

after a day using it, this rom presents inestability signals.

In class i advice that it doesnt enter in silence mode sometimes. I silence all kind of sound and notifications still sounding.

I adviced too that sometimes the unlock/power button doesnt work, i have a mod with that i can wake up the phone with volume keys, and can power off with PIE, but sometimes the power button stop working

There are too the bugs of reboot option in power off menu and the quick reboot option in settings.

Guest Market88

I've bluetooth audio in my car, the phone connect to it and voice commands work fine but when the person who I'm calling answer me, i hear him on the phone audio and not in my car speakers, i checked on the phone and the audio option is set to bluetooth audio, so it should work but it doesn't! Any suggestions?

Guest whettingstone

I attempted going from stock 196 to this one I just flashed it over the old one and everything seems fine.

I also had the issue where screen went black after flashing was done. Pulled battery and everything is fine.

Browser is missing in this rom though, not sure if that's intentional?

Also, anything new on the battery drain?

Guest khasscorpio

I was using CM 10 before this. Volume is pretty much like stock if i compare with CM. Restart is missing in power press menu. volume rocker wake was useful in CM10 rom.

over all this is a good rom.

Guest stratoukos19

question..does bravia engine work with this phone and where can i get it from..

Also the bottom lights back home and other one dont come on..is this normal with this rom??

Nop it's not normal .. Also this rom has already bravia engine 2!

Edited by stratoukos19

i have some crash problem with some app as google play or launcher anytime....and my frontal camera dont work as recorder because gallery crashing every time i try to use it :(((...how can fix the crash?? i just try to wipe all but dont work...i change the launcher because today has crashed every time!! 

Edited by garloc

Guest stratoukos19

i have some crash problem with some app as google play or launcher anytime....and my frontal camera dont work as recorder because gallery crashing every time i try to use it :(((...how can fix the crash?? i just try to wipe all but dont work...i change the launcher because today has crashed every time!! 

hey garloc , i don't know why is this happening to you .. try to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache/system and reinstall the rom again (unless you already wipped them all) 

no problem today except camera/gallery crash!! i think to flash again if others crashes happen again...or i will wait for new update ;)

thanks for answer! nice rom by the way..very fast!

Guest whettingstone

I noticed that the regular browser is missing from this ROM. While Chrome is my browser of choice it is sometimes infuriatingly slow.

Why was browser removed?

I noticed that the regular browser is missing from this ROM. While Chrome is my browser of choice it is sometimes infuriatingly slow.

Why was browser removed?

UC browser is fastest in my opinion

Guest stratoukos19

Will you be updating this rom?I like huawei stock look without emotion ui,but there's no reboot option in your rom.

yes this next release that i'm working on , it will take a week more or so , because it will be a huge update ;) 

Guest zsolt64555

yes this next release that i'm working on , it will take a week more or so , because it will be a huge update ;)

Good to be hear!

You maked the best stock base rom for Y300 till now yet.  There is a Best battery usage in this rom!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks your works!

Keep it up!

"I tested the new 4.3 rom, but it had so much bugs!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

This is by far the best ROM for the Y300/G510!

In the last few weeks I've tried most of the ROMs here http://www.modaco.com/topic/365268-all-custom-roms-for-huawei-ascend-y300g510/ except CM as I don't particularly like it.

The slim/light ones are very good too.

This ROM is very lean, fast and is void of tons of bloatware.

Battery is pretty good, I used a Battery Calibration App and leave WiFi on all the time. It's all relative to what you do or don't do, but I'm more than happy with it.

I have linked a few Huawei apps that work flawlessly with this ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns85zcidnweqod3/Huawei%20Pack.rar

If you want the Profiles button to work you need the HwProfileSwitcher.apk in the pack above.

I've included:

browser.apk

email.apk

HwFlashlight.apk

HwFMRadio.apk

HwProfile Switcher.apk

HwSoundRecorder.apk

HwWeatherClock

and the brilliant   MediaPlayer.apk

All can be installed as normal from a file manager.

I tried Nova Launcher too, makes a nice difference to the icons.

Enjoy this cheap, brilliant phone at its best!

Edited by bick