ZTE APX FIXED FINALLY :D

Guest jaz1-_

My ZTE Grand X was fully bricked sometime in July as it froze and i removed the battery and it would not turn on again. I plugged it into the computer and it was recognized as APX and no notifications lights on the phone were working so i had to go back to using my Nokia e63. Last week i called virgin mobile up (I know i waited a long time!) and they sent me the package in which i would send the phone back to them in and they got it the next day. I got called a few days ago saying they had to replace a part and the phone now works and i got a email today saying it will arrived tommorow via DPD :D. Don't know if anyone knows how i can prevent this from happening again but if you do please let me know.

Guest jaz1-_

I am told that this problem happens when a connector to a part in the phone breaks but was not told which part. I am told if you want this phone not to break again manner sure it is not dropped or hit with anything as it will significantly reduce the life of the phone :(. i hasn't heard of this happening with other brands so the poor quality parts are to blame

• 1 month later...

I AM BACK IN APX AGAIN :( I WAS ON UK ROOTED V3 ROM AND I WAS EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS. CWM DIDNT HAVE ANY AFFECT ON THE PHONE AND THE PC SUITE DIDNT EITHER. TOOK OUT THE BATTERY AND PUT IT BACK IN AND ITS IN APX.  GOING TO CALL VIRGIN MOBILE AGAIN IF I CANT FIX IT. BACK TO MY NOKIA E63 BUT I WILL HOPEFULLY GET ONE OF THE MTK6589 PHONES FROM AMAZON

They agreed to fix it again for free! I have one month left for the warranty and will receive a box soon which ill send the phone back in and receive within a few days fully working again.