HUAWAY Y300 SPLASH SCREEN

Guest GORIC12

Guest GORIC12

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I ask for help because I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to change the image that is fixed before the boot animation, the SPLAH SCREEN. I tried many roms but only the boot animation change. I wish I could change my logo to heat up with my image. Someone can insert a guide for this model: Huaway y300?. Thanks.

if i remember correctly the splash 'Huaewi logo' screen, as opposed to the bootanimation.zip (which can be changed easily),  is pre-packed in boot.img. You will have to use tools to unpack boot.img (will be on of the files in your nandroid backup), make the changes and then re-pack it and finally fastboot (via bootloader) the newly replacked boot.img file.

:unsure: Note: getting this wrong will soft-brick your phone, so make sure you know what you're doing before attempting it.

Guest GORIC12

I changed the boot.img but with no results. The logo on the splash screen remains the same. Actually what I wanted to do is change the operator logo in my splash screen, since I have my phone branded, but it's really impossible. thanks anyway

Guest GORIC12

I have done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This is a guide that I have found: 1.) Connect your phone to the PC, and turn on "USB debugging".
2.) Make sure you have correctly installed the adb drivers
3.) Start Genotools http://www64.zippyshare.com/d/700508...ools-8825D.rar

4) click on the fisrt button of the genotools

5)choose a jpeg that must be 480x800 for the huaway y300

6) the phone will reboot automatically with the new image in the boot logo

obviously you will need the root - images of that size can be found easily by searching on the internet

Guest glassblower

I have an Ascend P1 that has a corrupted static splash screen. Should the geno tool work on the P1? If so I must be doing something wrong.

I followed the above instructions and can select my chosen 480x800 jpg. I press the 1st button on the geno program and it comes up with a dialog box in chinese with the letters ADB. I have SDK and the P1/U9200 is recognised by my PC.

What state does the phone need to be in so as to complete the process? TWRP running?

Thanks

Neil

Guest ZolaIII

I have an Ascend P1 that has a corrupted static splash screen. Should the geno tool work on the P1? If so I must be doing something wrong.

I followed the above instructions and can select my chosen 480x800 jpg. I press the 1st button on the geno program and it comes up with a dialog box in chinese with the letters ADB. I have SDK and the P1/U9200 is recognised by my PC.

What state does the phone need to be in so as to complete the process? TWRP running?

Thanks

Neil

Try with the picture that have the display resolution of the P1s screen!?

Guest GORIC12

glassblower:

you have to search a jpeg for the resolution of your phone, as ZolaIII has advised you. the phone must have the adb drivers installed on your pc and  when you open the program the phone must be only switched on and simply connected to the pc without putting it in fastboot or use the TWRP.

once you press the first button will open a window where you have to insert  the location of your picture and then will appear an inscription on the phone and now you can restart the phone

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TayoOnabule

help.. i got chineese error.. 

after i pick jpg image..

definitely got ADB Drivers installed correctly? i had an old version at first, but once i updated, it worked.