[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest Romagnolo1973

hi

can i use this kernel (the stock version ) on lunatic pantora 4.1 (no cyano) ....what are the screen issues???

Screen issue with every CM, not great contrast and poor colors. So now future kernel versions can possibly patch this problem (we hope)

Yes simply flash this kernel via custom recovery no need for any flash tool

@SammichPG

I think this soc can go on about 1.4ghz .

@romagnolo

You can flash it via TWRP recovery.

Of course. Install the kernel via TWRP

Great! Thanks 

Guest fonz93

New version available ! (look at changelog)

Thanks for all comments .

Edit: Thank you for your work but screen issue on y300 isn't solved, i have tried now

Edited by fonz93

Guest Ducsidu

I'll probably try it today with FusionX, I hope the screen issue is really solved. You're awesome :D

Edited by Ducsidu

Guest fonz93

i dont know because i used only the v2, have you identified what is the problem or is difficult? what kernel source are u using? and fondamental question, damn why if we use the stock kernel of g510 on y300 the display work normally and with a custom not? what has the stock that can support 2 devices and the custom not?

PD: After all, this kernel is awesome.... is more more more fast than the stock, if you solve the screen issue, you will be a god xD

Edited by fonz93

Guest fricy81

This might be useful, found it while browsing on the Huawei site the other day. It's supposed to be a G510-0200 kernel source, but the date is newer than the other, june 26.

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=15887

And a question: how would I restore the original, if I have a problem with this custom kernel? Full backup and restore with TWRP? Or the system partition is enough?

Guest lowsum

Tried the kernel for stock on b197 UltraLight, doesn't seems as fluid compared to stock kerne. Speed wise I can't tell since Antutu crashed on benchmark. Looking forward for your progress in hope that your work and Dazzozo's contribution will give us a killer rom! Crossing finger for JB 4.3 ;)

Guest Ceastel

I flashed b197 with v0.2 kernel and for me antutu don't crash (PS: Crash sometimes it's can be a next bug...) .

I got 7681 score .

mav9.jpg  

Edited by Ceastel

Guest Romagnolo1973

I don't know if with custom kernel can you solve this 2 issue affecting our Y300

- Poor volume for ringtone

- Poor vibration 

but if you can solve it via kernel modding  wil be great

Guest TangerineTractor

Absolutely no issues with ringtone volume or vibration on my y300 running stock based roms so I don't think it's a kernel issue.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Absolutely no issues with ringtone volume or vibration on my y300 running stock based roms so I don't think it's a kernel issue.

custom or stock is the same, issue is present, if you compare ringtone volume output and vibration intensity with others android device you will see a great difference

Try the same mp3 as ringtone and Y300 output level is really slow, and if you set it as vibration only is hard to understand when it is vibratiting in your pocket

Guest bogdanwp

This thing changes when you flash a CM rom . It has been known that stock jellybean roms have trouble with the volume and in-call also. I can barely hear a damn thing on this phone if even so little as a car passes by the called person or myself or birds chirp that`s how bad it is. Can`t wait for perfectly stable CM so i could never look back at these problems.

Guest GORIC12

RXZ I saw the link to the kernel "https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing" you posted. I'm new to the Android world, but this file that weighs 122 mb and over 400mb if unzipped what would it be? is a firmware or a kernel? in my huaway Y300 there is a logo in my boot logo of a telephone operator because it is branded, it is possible that by installing this file you linked, i can delete the logo operator? if it is so how do I install it? thanks.

RXZ I saw the link to the kernel "https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing" you posted. I'm new to the Android world, but this file that weighs 122 mb and over 400mb if unzipped what would it be? is a firmware or a kernel? in my huaway Y300 there is a logo in my boot logo of a telephone operator because it is branded, it is possible that by installing this file you linked, i can delete the logo operator? if it is so how do I install it? thanks.

it just a kernel from huawei..

off topic..im guessing you can't swap to the other operators simcard right?

you can delete your operator logo by changing your bootanimation file.. you must be rooted tho.. im no expert.. so i dont know how sorry.. :mellow: