[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest Ceastel

On htcmania forum I saw new kernel for cm11 : http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=747181

@Silencer96
Max stable freq for y300 what I found is 1046Mhz :/ .
I don't know why everything over it crashing device.
It not have sense to make again fake oc 1.2ghz.

And about CM11 support like always : "maybe in future" :D ...

Happy new year :)

Edited by Ceastel

Guest coavasic96

On htcmania forum I saw new kernel for cm11 : http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=747181

@Silencer96

Max stable freq for y300 what I found is 1046Mhz :/ .

I don't know why everything over it crashing device.

It not have sense to make again fake oc 1.2ghz.

And about CM11 support like always : "maybe in future" :D ...

Happy new year :)

I think it is not hardware error, Y300 and G510 have the same processor. Thank you, too. :) (sorry for bad english)

Guest ovtovaz

v0.55 (420 ram) on stock
Youtube App not playing videos (There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry)

v0.55 (407 ram) on stock
all good

please excuse my limited English

Guest StewieTech

v0.55 (420 ram) on stock

Youtube App not playing videos (There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry)

v0.55 (407 ram) on stock

all good

please excuse my limited English

In OP´s first post clearly says video is not working with 420mb version. Try 407mb, i´m using this, and all good so far. Did pretty much everthing rock solid.

Guest ovtovaz

In OP´s first post clearly says video is not working with 420mb version. Try 407mb, i´m using this, and all good so far. Did pretty much everthing rock solid.

only on youtube app

Guest ehsan_zt

I have tried  new version with Real Racing 3 on Cm10.1 ,for me the best was CeXstel v0.55 [CM10.1 - 420MB] and second best was 0.50 and the last one was 0.54.

there was a lot of lagging on 0.54, 0.50 was smoother , 0.55 was really great,a little lag and loading times was much lower.I think the added ram really made everything smoother.

Thanks alot for this great update Ceastel :wub:

@H3ROS

It's hard to upload something like kernel source with very low upload speed...

If you create a much smaller patch file (diff) then I could apply your changes to the stock kernel, upload that to my github and then transfer the ownership over to you. It doesn't have to be done right this minute, but if you do stop working on the project then just drop me a private message and I'll get it uploaded for you.

Guest hgoldy300

Great job! I'm using 0.55 420mb stock version, youtube app didn't work the first time, now it's ok. In mxplayer some videos don't work using hw+ decoder. Those are the only bugs I've found.
If you could fix zram for stock it will be the perfect kernel for this phone.
Ps: I have Y300-100

Edited by hgoldy300

Hello, im using 0.55 with 407MB ram on FusionX, but (this happened on 0.54) sometimes my SIM card "disconnects". For ex: When i send an SMS or do a phonecall it doesnt work, i must restart the SIM, turning on and off the Plane mode... May it be cause of the Low frequency? im using almost 100Hz.

Edited by barnir

ceastel thank you for the extra ram ... i'm using 0.55 420MB stock and it's great ... but there are problems with youtube in fact not all the videos will play ... can you fix that? it would be great! ... really thank you =)

Guest ZolaIII

I hope to see one day this kernell on the CM11, cause i miss it too much =(

When CM11 makes first stable (final) release then we can talk about experimental kernel for it. Lucky it will be first for high end Qualcomm SoCs (as they are paid to deliver that) & some things will be usable in our soc...

Guest airidosas252

Hey everyone,

How did you implement VDD sys interface and the overclock? Since whenever I try to put additional clocks on freq table, my phone just won't boot. I once burned my digitizer by doing that. Could anyone show me the steps?