[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest ZolaIII

I'd love to 720p encoding in g510 and I thing it is possible (thanks zola3) and it is important then custom roms.

plaese someone work on it and make a kernel or mod like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1868962

ceastel , if u can, work on it

It's just media profile file that's updated with 720p recording media profile!

You can find that file for our phones on HTC mania forum or just use Snap camera app! You won't get good results recording on 720p bat you can use 720x480 (NTSC) resolution & record normal videos in normal format!

Guest bgmenot111

It's just media profile file that's updated with 720p recording media profile!

You can find that file for our phones on HTC mania forum or just use Snap camera app! You won't get good results recording on 720p bat you can use 720x480 (NTSC) resolution & record normal videos in normal format!

I know it is media profile. I just wrote it for example. I used snap camera & lg camera and they were recording 720 with lag.

I downloaded media_profiles for our devices but I needed to flash this file on recovery (.zip) or I need mod but I cant find it

Guest Gavstor

Swap is a Linux virtual memory!

& of course it it runs slower then real memory, it's limited by the sped of your SD card & filesystem you are using for it.

There are two ways to use swap as a swap partition or like swap file it's easier to use it as a swap file bat because it will run (in our case) on fat 32 partition it will run much slower then on ext4 partition!

Benefits...

When you enable swap you will not have more free RAM bat it will be possible for Android to secure more free ram if needed & to use virtual memory for things that cannot fit in RAM.

For instance you will be able to browse net more comfortable & to play game's that had visual artifacts because of lack of RAM like N.O.V.A3 or that used to crash like SoulCraft.

The price?

Considering the life cycle of NAND memory using swap will shorten yours SD card life expectations.

You will nead decent quality fast SD card!

My recommendation for easiest way to enable swap goes to:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.azasoft.free.swapper

great thanks

Flashed the v0.3 with cyanogen 10, the phone reboot on 3d Benchmark (antutu) (like with the R5 version of Cyano10).

I think that the scheduler of the CPU use only one virtual core, untill now i see it every time offline, this cause an hard work of the only core that work that stay on the maximum frequency all the time.

Guest ZolaIII

Flashed the v0.3 with cyanogen 10, the phone reboot on 3d Benchmark (antutu) (like with the R5 version of Cyano10).

I think that the scheduler of the CPU use only one virtual core, untill now i see it every time offline, this cause an hard work of the only core that work that stay on the maximum frequency all the time.

It's meant to work that way asynchronously & it actually uses less power that way!

Guest SaurabhRCk

help me out something! I do I install this kernel? I don't understand! I mean I flashed rom before! Also one time flashed a kernel update too! Is it the same! For example if I want to use the .30 stock kernel with my stock b165, What do I have to do? Do I just have to go into TWRP and install the .30 zip file without wiping anything or do I have to wipe everything? I don't understand how to install this "kernel" with a rom!

Guest Shiv Prajapati

help me out something! I do I install this kernel? I don't understand! I mean I flashed rom before! Also one time flashed a kernel update too! Is it the same! For example if I want to use the .30 stock kernel with my stock b165, What do I have to do? Do I just have to go into TWRP and install the .30 zip file without wiping anything or do I have to wipe everything? I don't understand how to install this "kernel" with a rom!

First take the backup of the ROM then flash the kernel..if you dont like simply restore the backup..thats it..

to flash 3.0 kernel you need not to wipe anything..

Guest SaurabhRCk

First take the backup of the ROM then flash the kernel..if you dont like simply restore the backup..thats it..

to flash 3.0 kernel you need not to wipe anything..

Thnx man! Great Help!

Guest SaurabhRCk

:D cm 10.1 r6, bravia engine 2, swap and overclocked with this kernel  :wub: just loving it great work devs

How do you managed to get all those stuff?? And why r6 of CM 10.1 when r9 is available! post some link dude for those things you have flashed!