• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The y300 Notification LED why so tiny?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi - I just got meself a shiny Huawei Ascend Y300 and just wondering why the Notification/status LED at the top of the phone is so goddam tiny! - I suppose people who have it at their bedside cabinet at night like that idea but im in the camp of seeing if the led is lit if the phone is a bit away from me and that will be impossible because its so tiny. Is it because the LED behind the fascia is tiny or is it because the black etching behind the facia has only a little pin prick of an etching there so the LED becomes 'invisible' when not lit, because if it is I feel like taking the phone to bits one days and screatching a bit more black off to let more of the LED to shine through and make it bigger - what do you reckon? - just a tiny LED or is the black paint behind the facia hiding a lot of the LED light?

Posted

Are you serious? What has the size of it got to do with anything? Surely the brightness of it determines if it can be seen or not? The mind boggles.

Posted

I dont expect people to do something as drastic as I did, but last night I dismantled my Y300 and behind the screen where the notification light is positioned was a tiny piece of white plastic (most probably to 'diffuse' the light) well i removed that and very carefully 'etched' away a bit more of the black on the back of the screen where the LED notification light shines through and on putting it all back together am pretty sure now my notification light is now brighter on my Y300.

Posted

Bizzare.

I use tasker to override system led notifications, and light flow to manage them exactly how I want. The size of the led it completely irrelevant - it's more than bright enough.

Posted

Bizzare.

I use tasker to override system led notifications, and light flow to manage them exactly how I want. The size of the led it completely irrelevant - it's more than bright enough.

Thats interesting - this tasker app does it alter the brightness of the soft keys at the bottom of the screen too, because im pretty sure they can go brighter. I am using a feature on gravitybox that can flash the soft-key backlights but they flash dimly and pretty sure they could go brighter.

Posted

Are you serious? What has the size of it got to do with anything? Surely the brightness of it determines if it can be seen or not? The mind boggles.

There is no need to be so RUDE.  You knew what Andy meant, so shooting him down in flames isn't necessary.

@Andy, rather enterprising.  However, aren't you worried about devaluing a possible resale?

Posted

#euphemisms