Acqua CyanogenMod 10.2 Fix (WiFi/Proximity(RIL)/Mobile Dat

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT
I'm sorry but this is getting a bit ridiculous. There's already few of these so called compatibility zips and some Acqua ROMs that are nothing but Blade III rip offs. I've made a compatibility patch that works with every single Blade III ROM to put an end to this. ;)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I'm sorry but this is getting a bit ridiculous. There's already few of these so called compatibility zips and some Acqua ROMs that are nothing but Blade III rip offs. I've made a compatibility patch that works with every single Blade III ROM to put an end to this. ;)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365741-rompatch-zte-blade-iii-zte-acqua-compatibility-for-all-roms/

I mean, sure KonstaT. But apart from the build.prop, the updater script, and the media files, all the files are from my Stock ROM. I made pretty sure of that. Although your patch is still appreciated. I used the pitt-patt (firmware) from my Stock ROM and it isn't present in CM 10.2 at least. You'd probably want to take a look inside it yourself, just to be sure. I'd appreciate your feedback. All I do know is that without this fix, I'm a moaner, and with it - I'm not. It's as you always say - really want something fixed? I just put 2 and 2 together is all.

But I'm taking off with your zip, at least for my own education. Thanks a bunch.

PS Edit:

I really can't see the point in repacking a whole ROM just because there are three lines changed in build.prop. If you want to make some kind of Acqua compatibility zip (for the wifi), use only files that are different from Blade III. That would also mean that it would work with any Blade III ROM, not just CM10.2.

Was my motivation. But I'm not sure how to make use of the firmware without forcing the phone mode view. I'm sure you understand. But perhaps there's a better way (I couldn't tell you)?

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT
Just because there's something in stock ROM, doesn't mean that you need to have it in AOSP based ROMs. If it was something that you needed to have, it would be already there. I've seen a lot effort to remove such bloat/crap to streamline my builds. Acqua and Blade III are really not that different devices.

Sorry, but 95% of the stuff you have there is completely unnecessary or just plain wrong (bluetooth, dhcpcd, qcom scripts, system properties, etc). All bluetooth stuff you have there is for bluez stack that isn't even used in Android 4.2+. I have no clue what you're talking about proximity sensor drivers and what it has to do with any telephony wakelocks. Pretty much everything (besides wifi) works out-of-the-box using a Blade III ROM anyway. You can't even potentially 'fix' anything by replacing some random files from stock ROM - you can only break things. So why even bother with it?

Afaik pitt-patt data is only for face recognition used in so called face unlock feature. Are you saying that it works with CyanogenMod ROMs on Acqua even though there's problems with the front facing camera to begin with? It's included in gapps package and installed to devices that support it anyway.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I wish you could see this for yourself. You'd see the difference. I know you've gone to a lot of effort. But the problem I've been bitching about no longer exists, and believe me I've flashed the guts out of this phone over the past few days just to see the changes. I know it seems wacky, but the answer is lying in this zip, and I can't suggest its anything else! Because flashing your ROM as it stands just doesn't do it. I haven't grabbed everything from my ROM. Just what made sense. Interestingly, I can't find anything broken (I'm still trying to look!) and if you believe I'm now using a different Bluetooth module, then that's astounding. My stock ROM has bluez-plugin folder, but I didn't grab that, oddly enough.

I don't know what to tell you other than: it works. I'm sorry to inform you, but there hasn't been a gapps package that has dealt with any of what I've mentioned. Without this zip, the phone stays asleep when I make a call, requiring LUCK to wake it out. The button backlights often come on, but usually no further. With this fix installed, I don't have to deal with ANY of that! It turns off as soon as it's near my head, and then back on when I'm staring at it in my hand!

I know you're going to be closer to the answer than me, but the fact remains, that I've found the answer that works! Certainly a better solution than having to bother you every time it turns up, I say. I'd even guess that a zip with just the firmware files mentioned would do the job, without everything else. I'll see to it that I ttry that, and let you know the results - that's if you care to, of course.

Guest KonstaT
We can discuss this further when you actually know what you've added and can explain why. ;)

I've posted the proximity work around long time ago and linked to it several times. It's not a big surprise if it doesn't work on devices that have different revision of sensors (I even had to change the defaults to make it work on most Blade IIIs). You can use app like CPU-Z or AndroSensor to verify you get proper reading from the sensor. If the sensor works in those apps, it also works during calls.

Wakelock in Android terminology means something keeping the device awake thus preventing entering deep-sleep state and causing battery drain.

I'm not saying that you are using different bluetooth stack, you're just added bunch of completely useless stuff for bluez that isn't needed anywhere. You've most definately broke bluetooth MAC address at least.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Awesome! Thanks for the fix. I'd wondered if anyone else had this problem. It worked. But I've still been wondering why Bluetooth still works? I can pair with, and transfer files uncorrupted and use my headset. Perhaps the ROM reassigned one? I saw there was a few files in system/bin that I had left out (both .sh scripts, and I'm sure it was needed). So I added them to the zip on my PC HDD and will try it out later.

If what you're telling me is right then Pitt patt won't be any good for a blade 3 ROM I guess :D you sensibly removed the face unlock feature anyway. Now I'm intrigued as to what compatible phone can be used for this purpose? I saw a list you mentioned before but paid little notice. I only remember huawei g300 but don't know if its got a front camera. I'll still keep the zip for that purpose, and if I have your permission to use your zip included, I promise to give you due credit. But clearly it needs some pruning. Thanks again.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo