Dazzozo wrote:Amazing stuff is coming oh my god :D :D :D

Guest Dovahpig

Guest Dazzozo

The nightlies won't switch over to this experimental stuff immediately, just to be safe. I'm starting with a separate test build.

I don't think the change log between 3.0 and 3.4 is the "big deal" here, though.

Guest phyllocrania

The nightlies won't switch over to this experimental stuff immediately, just to be safe. I'm starting with a separate test build.

I don't think the change log between 3.0 and 3.4 is the "big deal" here, though.

Will we be able to download, flash and try these "test builds"?

Guest plewis1981

I found the camera a lot faster, also there was no build up of files in /data/lost+found when switching external SD as primary storage. Sadly TVChathup is still not working, and just 1 more small thing the android keyboard vibrate on kepress has a default setting of 20ms which is practicaly unnoticeable, is there any way you would be able to change the default setting.

Thanks again daz your work is greatly appreciated :)

Guest Dazzozo

I found the camera a lot faster, also there was no build up of files in /data/lost+found when switching external SD as primary storage. Sadly TVChathup is still not working, and just 1 more small thing the android keyboard vibrate on kepress has a default setting of 20ms which is practicaly unnoticeable, is there any way you would be able to change the default setting.

Thanks again daz your work is greatly appreciated :)

TVCatchup is working, I'm sure of that. There's graphical corruption in its video ads, but the actual video plays properly.

Guest plewis1981

TVCatchup is working, I'm sure of that. There's graphical corruption in its video ads, but the actual video plays properly.

Sorry I stand corrected:) it was one of the first apps I tryed so my phone may have still been finding its feet but its running now

Guest jamie_w

Yes tvcatchup is working :D, awesome work Dazzozo.

Guest BorowikSzatanski

Everything works great, ROM with new kernel is smooth. Taking picutures? Amazingly smooth.

But it's allright until first reboot. I cant manage phone to boot into system. After some minutes Cyanogenmod stops spinning and just freezes (no restarts). Anyone else with that problem?

Also gps doesn't work for me.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

@Dazz: Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.  :angry2:  :(

Edited, so djuroue and anyone else don't get excited about it.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest djuroue

You cannot say that recovery bricked your phone. Here are 20 users who succesfully flashed cwm and rom, so flashing recovery could not brick your device...

Guest bidzapfc

Just bad luck that it happened in that particular time. Huawei has crappy hardware. If your phone wont power on, that cant be bootloader or recovery, it is hardware failure. If in warranty, service it. If not, dont buy huawei :D

Guest showered

@Dazz: Any idea why is my phone fully bricked after installing ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' from http://g300.thebronasium.com/octopus/ ???

I had recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 before this. Just to say, it seems like my motherboard has died, I can't even power on the phone.  :angry2:  :(

Edited, so djuroue and anyone else don't get excited about it.

I've had a similar experience today (assume my motherboard is dead) but doubt that the recovery or rom caused it, as other people have reported their G300's dying who haven't touched this at all.  It seems that the hardware is kind of unreliable after a certain amount of time - people are reporting motherboards dying quite often now in the General forum.

Anyways.. yesterday I flashed the new recovery and new experimental CM rom with 3.4 kernel. It was working fine all afternoon and evening and then when I woke up this morning the phone is completely dead.  Charging light won't come on, no response at all from the phone.  I've changed battery, tried without any battery in it and just the charger, left it for ages etc, and nothing.

Its still under warranty so its getting a full refund (the retailer no longer sells them to replace it).  I hope you can get yours fixed or replaced.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've been in engineering for about six years now, and there is one rule that stands for 99% of times, and it goes like this:

If you changed something in your device (system, config,...) and something is broken after that, try to undo the change you've made, cause there is a very big chance that it's the change itself that's causing the problem.

Now, I'm not saying that it's recovery that bricked my phone, I'm just saying that it was working just fine until I flashed new recovery and pressed ''restart recovery'' option. It could be many different things, but my logic and my experience are telling me that it has something to do with that change that I've made (flashing the new recovery).