Dazzozo wrote:Amazing stuff is coming oh my god :D :D :D

Guest Dovahpig

Yes but if others are flashing this recovery successfully then it undermines your hypothesis that flashing the recovery caused your phone to get bricked...?

Only 1 question...Can you Dazzo compile cm9,cm10,cm10.1 with 3.4 kernel?

This rom with 3.4 is very best of your work, fast as stock ics, even faster... Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

The velocity of camera is because the kernel?

We actually use the Y300's camera stuff now. Camera HAL including liboemcamera, and V4L2. They kept full support for our sensors.

I kinda knew this would be possible months ago, but I didn't have the Y300 to know how it should work.

Yes, we use ion. :D

Only 1 question...Can you Dazzo compile cm9,cm10,cm10.1 with 3.4 kernel?

This rom with 3.4 is very best of your work, fast as stock ics, even faster... Thanks

We could go as far back as 4.1 relatively easily but doing 4.0 would likely require reverting some kernel stuff to get it back to the state the kernel was around that time, since it's a 4.1 kernel.

Edit: camera and OMX could get pretty complicated there too with it being all blobs.

Guest Dazzozo

But for example if I put 3.4 kernel in the ROM SlimBean 4.2, just that will not work?

Not without updating the rest of the ROM. This is another "generation" if you want to call it that.

Guest Dazzozo

Dazz when I use you kernel in my G300 everthing work's,

On this ROM? Of course. On anything else? No chance. Not yet.

Edit: for a start the display HAL is compiled for no ion on everything else, the non-V4L2 camera driver isn't even compiled in this kernel and hasn't been updated anyway... not a chance.

Edit 2: the 3.0.8 Wi-Fi module wouldn't load in to the kernel... I don't think I need to continue, but it would be disaster. :P

Guest Buffalo Soldier

OK, so nobody tried 6.0.3.7 version from my previous post, including the developer??? Come on people, it's too late for my device, I know that, but I really think that I'm not asking too much... Or maybe I am?  :wacko:

Guest Dazzozo

OK, so nobody tried 6.0.3.7 version from my previous post, including the developer??? Come on people, it's too late for my device, I know that, but I really think that I'm not asking too much... Or maybe I am?  :wacko:

What do you think I've been flashing everything with? I'm puzzled as to why you think it would cause any issues when people are booting the same kernel in this ROM itself?

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I don't know Dazz, that's why I'm asking for another experience with it. In my opinion, the main purpose of great forums like this, is so that someone like me, who doesn't know much, can ask for help from somebody like you, who knows much, right? There's no reason to get nervous, really...

Guest ahatomastarday

Tonight's nightly will be built on all this new stuff. :)

Kind of a silly question, but do you mean tonight's experimental nightly or the regular one? :|

Edited by ahatomastarday

Guest Dazzozo

What's the difference? :P Nightlies are used for experimental stuff.

Personally I don't really see a reason to delay it, it's in a better state than what we used to have.

Guest ahatomastarday

What's the difference? :P Nightlies are used for experimental stuff.

Personally I don't really see a reason to delay it, it's in a better state than what we used to have.

Well I think you said that you were working on it in a different code branch cause it wasn't ready, so I thought it was going to take a while. Glad to be wrong :) You're the best man!