Dazzozo G300's new recovery is up http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-2010/
Dazzozo I would recommend formatting every ext4 partition with it 14:55:22
Dazzozo data, cache, system 14:56:11
Dazzozo yes, i know, it sucks 14:57:13
Dazzozo take a backup 14:57:17
Dazzozo format 14:57:18
Dazzozo restore backup 14:57:20
Dazzozo not my fault its so damn awkward 14:57:42
Dazzozo theres a problem, it wasnt caused by me, this is the only solution 14:57:57
Dazzozo on a technical level you have to *format*, not *wipe* 15:14:47
Pad^ Dazzozo if my rom is already working correctly, no problems at all, do you think it's a good idea to format the partitions either way? 15:00:18
Dazzozo You would likely hit an issue at some stage anyway 15:00:36
Dazzozo I managed to go about 4 days once when I had SELinux disabled 15:00:56
Pad^ ok ty 15:01:04
Dazzozo but eventually I lost the CM boot animation 15:01:06
modacouserr im gonna do it right now, get this thing ready 15:01:13
Dazzozo the scary thing is, you only really notice when it kills some user facing functionality 15:01:18
modacouserr dazzozo: i havent lost it, neither play store 15:01:23
Dazzozo you don't know what else it could be eating behind the scenes 15:01:25

source: http://g300.valicek.name/show.php?day=2013-10-20

TWRP 2.6.3.0 also affected. It should be fixed in 2.6.3.1.

Daz put down the recovery and stuff because it may brick your phone.

Edited by rhen

Guest Buffalo Soldier

This topic could be named ''Amazing sudden death of many G300s'' instead... I've got my device back from service, they've replaced the hole motherboard.

So, I'm gonna stick to good old jsevi83's slim roms until I buy a new device. I guess this is why we need to read the famous disclaimer ''Use this at your own risk'' many times before we try anything new.

Guest Tentmaster

This topic could be named ''Amazing sudden death of many G300s'' instead... I've got my device back from service, they've replaced the hole motherboard.

So, I'm gonna stick to good old jsevi83's slim roms until I buy a new device. I guess this is why we need to read the famous disclaimer ''Use this at your own risk'' many times before we try anything new.

Or it could be renamed Dazzozo's Disaster :D  :D  :D

Guest mandgeo

I've used the nightline with 3.4 kernel from it's release until today (22 october) and almost had no isue. One single system slowdown, almost freaze. The 6.0.4.4 recovery has been on my phone for two or three days.

I saw that people bricked their phones lately, so i'm back on 6.0.4.0 and latest nightline available.

The things that i don't like in all that mess is that everything is gone without a trace. Recovery 6.0.4.4...gone, not a word on it, 3.4 kernel nightlines...gone.

In this cases, it think that it's fair to make a sticky thread and explain the situation.

PS. Waiting forward to try another build with 3.4 kernel :D

Guest wbrambley

6.0.4.4 is gone and no info about it ???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is Dazzozo is working on it.

When he knows something I'm sure he will be forthcoming with information. Just need to be patient and let him work his magic! :D

Guest BorowikSzatanski

That's not really the point. There are people who installed 6.0.4.4. (though working without problems) and we dont know if it's safe to downgrade (or to what version) and so on on. There should be post claryfing the whole situation, with precise instructions what to do.

Edited by BorowikSzatanski

Guest tcpaulh

Stop acting so entitled. Jesus

Daz pulled stuff while the situation is investigated. It's a sensible precaution don't you think?

If you're on 6.0.4.4 and have Hynix memory (which is rare) then it's safe to say you're device is at risk. Otherwise, you should be ok although it's impossible to be 100% sure at this stage.

By the above logic, if your device is at risk or you are worried anyway then revert to a previous cwm+rom

That's not really the point. There are people who installed 6.0.4.4. (though working without problems) and we dont know if it's safe to downgrade (or to what version) and so on on. There should be post claryfing the whole situation, with precise instructions what to do.

I agree - any info like "6.0.4.4 is gone because there are some problems about it" would be great ..

Guest fussyfella

Stop acting so entitled. Jesus

Daz pulled stuff while the situation is investigated. It's a sensible precaution don't you think?

If you're on 6.0.4.4 and have Hynix memory (which is rare) then it's safe to say you're device is at risk. Otherwise, you should be ok although it's impossible to be 100% sure at this stage.

By the above logic, if your device is at risk or you are worried anyway then revert to a previous cwm+rom

Indeed, that is the best advice -- I haven't moved to this ROM since having problems with it since it first came out -- I was mindlessly attacked for my criticisms, arguing instead that it was unstable and not yet safe for me to move onto -- well, my observations have been demonstrated to be justified -- instead, I've had several weeks successfully working with Dazzozo's earlier 10.1 ROM, with ALL my apps, video included -- I've even moved to getting the paid version of MX Player -- something I'd be very sorry about if I had still been on this ROM -- not all "new", "amazing stuff" toys work as they're supposed to

Edited by fussyfella

Guest Dazzozo

Wow, I was surprised at how people had handled the situation, until I saw this thread. :|

Everything was working on my device and conveniently everybody involved in development. I'm sorry I don't have every possible hardware combination in the world. I'm sorry I don't have a list of guinea pigs who know their hardware inside out and are totally OK with throwing their device. I'm sorry nobody tested the recovery with the octopus release before we went live with nightlies.

Pretty demotivating stuff here honestly. Continue to show your ignorance once again, MoDaCo community.

Guest nomaximux

Wow, I was surprised at how people had handled the situation, until I saw this thread. :|

Everything was working on my device and conveniently everybody involved in development. I'm sorry I don't have every possible hardware combination in the world. I'm sorry I don't have a list of guinea pigs who know their hardware inside out and are totally OK with throwing their device. I'm sorry nobody tested the recovery with the octopus release before we went live with nightlies.

Pretty demotivating stuff here honestly. Continue to show your ignorance once again, MoDaCo community.

Well Dazzozo, its the world where we live...

When everything goes well... "your'e the best!" " thank you!" " keep going on the good stuff!", etc etc etc...

When everything goes wrong... well... you just to read for yourself...

Everyone knows the risk by flashing a rom... in development...

I've installed several roms so far, and if one day, my phone dies... its my fault only, because i know the risks...

Anyway, Dazzozo, thank for bringing your work to us all, and keep going, dont stop!

Guest ilopez85

Well Dazzozo, its the world where we live...

When everything goes well... "your'e the best!" " thank you!" " keep going on the good stuff!", etc etc etc...

When everything goes wrong... well... you just to read for yourself...

Everyone knows the risk by flashing a rom... in development...

I've installed several roms so far, and if one day, my phone dies... its my fault only, because i know the risks...

Anyway, Dazzozo, thank for bringing your work to us all, and keep going, dont stop!

+1

Guest plewis1981

Wow, I was surprised at how people had handled the situation, until I saw this thread. :|Everything was working on my device and conveniently everybody involved in development. I'm sorry I don't have every possible hardware combination in the world. I'm sorry I don't have a list of guinea pigs who know their hardware inside out and are totally OK with throwing their device. I'm sorry nobody tested the recovery with the octopus release before we went live with nightlies.Pretty demotivating stuff here honestly. Continue to show your ignorance once again, MoDaCo community.

I for one appreciate your work daz :) and I am sure there are many others who do as well.

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

Ps, when i flashed the experimental build 20131018, i did not get a build up of files in /datd/lost+found, but i did get the build up with the nightly from 20131020, both builds were installed fresh with full wipes, but I am sure this is the least or your worry's at the moment, but just thought I would mention it.

Pps, for those people who have the hynix memory it may be an i sea to post your location so we can see if location has anything to do with the different memory types,

Guest mandgeo

How can i find if i have hynix memory and what is the problem with that type of memory?

PS. As i've said...waiting for another new release, hoping it will be a 3.4 one. :D

LE. Found my answer.

Edited by mandgeo

Guest oldfella

forget it and move on Daz - from what I can understand after reading IRC I dont see how you could have prevented it

its what you dont know that kills you !

many thanks for all your work - its appreciated

Guest moochermick

@Dazzozo If people on the g510/y300 forum are willing to get you a y300 it only goes to show how much they repect and want your work.

Ignore the minority, we all know the risks.

I have both g510 and g300 running your stuff and both out perform my friends phones that cost 5x more.