+1

+1

+1

+1

You know you do not all have to reply with +1! :huh:  

Just click the button on the post that you want to +1!   :wacko:

Edited by george109

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Wow, I was surprised at how people had handled the situation, until I saw this thread. :|

Everything was working on my device and conveniently everybody involved in development. I'm sorry I don't have every possible hardware combination in the world. I'm sorry I don't have a list of guinea pigs who know their hardware inside out and are totally OK with throwing their device. I'm sorry nobody tested the recovery with the octopus release before we went live with nightlies.

Pretty demotivating stuff here honestly. Continue to show your ignorance once again, MoDaCo community.

A simple ''sorry'' would do the trick. This is my fourth android device and I've rooted and flashed every one of them so many times, I've talked to so many developers about their roms, bugs, helped them in any way I could, but I've never encounter an arrogant one like you are. You need to grow up my friend, life is often hard, unfair, so stop complaining about it.

Guest george109

A simple ''sorry'' would do the trick. This is my fourth android device and I've rooted and flashed every one of them so many times, I've talked to so many developers about their roms, bugs, helped them in any way I could, but I've never encounter an arrogant one like you are. You need to grow up my friend, life is often hard, unfair, so stop complaining about it.

Personally, I disagree completely, The actual issue is the bad flash memory. It is not Dazzozo's fault!  He has done everything that he can to make sure that it is working properly like testing it on his own G300! He is looking into it, and he has pulled and cancelled the nightly builds, so give him some time to investigate!

Everyone, stop having a go at Dazzozo, (Well here goes, prepare for the argument conflicting opinions! :ph34r:) but he has done so much for the G300 Community! He made this phone a million times better. Almost every ROM for the G300 has something from him.

Edited by george109

Guest rymate1234

Why should Dazzozo apologise? He had no way of knowing that some specific hardware combination is causing devices to brick with the 3.4 kernel. This kernel has been worked on by Dazzozo for about a year now, and it's only just come out of the oven. In this past year he has encountered no bricking with his device. 

Flashing roms, unlocking bootloaders, gaining root, etc is always at your own risk. Devices do brick. There is a reason this stuff voids your warranty.

And arrogant developers? You've never been on XDA then ;)

Edited by rymate1234

Guest tcpaulh

lol @ Buffalo Soldier. Pity they fixed/replaced your device.

If you'd bothered to look at the irc log you'd notice Daz saying just how bad he felt about this. How many all nighters have you pulled recently for the benefit of everyone here?

Guest george109

Why should Dazzozo apologise? He had no way of knowing that some specific hardware combination is causing devices to brick with the 3.4 kernel. This kernel has been worked on by Dazzozo for about a year now, and it's only just come out of the oven. In this past year he has encountered no bricking with his device. 

Flashing roms, unlocking bootloaders, gaining root, etc is always at your own risk. Devices do brick. There is a reason this stuff voids your warranty.

And arrogant developers? You've never been on XDA then ;)

If you'd bothered to look at the irc log you'd notice Daz saying just how bad he felt about this. How many all nighters have you pulled recently for the benefit of everyone here?

Exactly! I think that it is unfair how we are all having a go a Dazzozo, as he is trying to fix this....

Guest Dazzozo

I felt awful all day yesterday. I apologised to the people who were worth my time. The chaos, whining and attempts to blame me are not.

Guest Hayder7

You, in no way, can be blamed Daz. You are doing a marvellous job, that consumes time and effort, and all for free. It's us that accepted the risk. We choose to try experimental things and we knew the risk is there. We can't blame anybody for what we risked. All you deserve is a big thank you. Cheer up my friend. :rolleyes:

Guest Buffalo Soldier
@ george109. I've never blamed Dazz for anything. I blamed ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' and I was right about it. I just don't like the attitude in his posts on this forum. 
@rymate1234. Yes, I was on XDA for quite a few years before I bought G300.
@ tcpaulh. You're probably right, I was already looking at some new quad core beasts in shops when they called me and said it's fixed. ;)
Edited by Buffalo Soldier

I'm not mad on nobody and if my phone is dead. No one ever forced to install the CM or any other ROM. It was my personal choice and the rest of you, so I do not think you should not blame anyone. Daz thank you for all you've done for g300. Btw I sent my phone on service and we will see what will be but it will take a 2-3 weeks.  :rolleyes:

And forgive me for my bad English :)

Guest showered

Ahh so that's why my phone died. It was fine after first flashing it but didn't turn back on again after switching it off. Guess I had one of those bad chips (no way of checking now I guess as it's dead?)

Don't feel bad, you didn't know it was going to happen. the only reason I ever bought this phone was because of you having developed CM for it in the first place. Its been a good ride! On the plus side I'm getting a full refund from Tesco as they don't sell it anymore so might get a much better phone now for "free"!

Guest MetalDroid

Dazz, you are the F**king master of this phone, do not be discouraged because four negative comments, users who wish to continue your work forward to each new update you do.

Please be so kind to post a link to the latest update of the 21th day of CM10.2? thanks!

Sorry for my English.
Edited by MetalDroid

Guest plewis1981

@ george109. I've never blamed Dazz for anything. I blamed ''recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-u8815-20131018.zip'' and I was right about it.

If you blame dazzozos work are you not blaming HIM?

How are you right, your phone died because of bad flash memory and that is down to Huawei NOT Dazz

Guest Buffalo Soldier

If you blame dazzozos work are you not blaming HIM?

How are you right, your phone died because of bad flash memory and that is down to Huawei NOT Dazz

If you've read my previous posts in this topic, you would see that I was the first one to say: people bear in mind that we're doing this at our own risk. I can only blame myself for flashing something experimental and unofficial. I just asked Dazz and everyone else could it be that my phone died because of that famous recovery, because it was working just fine before, so my hardware was absolutely fine. And you can all see the response I got from Dazz after that. I rest my case here, you can search my posts all over the Modaco and easily see if I'm a whiner of not.

Guest tcpaulh

It must have slipped through our hardware compatibility labs quality testing. The relevant department heads have been fired and we've hired new hardware compatibility teams. Luckily we have many examples of every combination of the various parts Huawei have ever used when putting g300s together and unlimited time, funding and manpower.