Dazzozo wrote:Amazing stuff is coming oh my god :D :D :D

Guest Dovahpig

I didnt find the explanation about dissapeard 6.0.4.4 recovery in this forum. 

[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 [CM] [Last updated: 02/10]

Do I have to read IRC logs every time new build come out ?

Guest tcpaulh

please diaf Edited by tcpaulh

Guest Dazzozo

If you've read my previous posts in this topic, you would see that I was the first one to say: people bear in mind that we're doing this at our own risk. I can only blame myself for flashing something experimental and unofficial. I just asked Dazz and everyone else could it be that my phone died because of that famous recovery, because it was working just fine before, so my hardware was absolutely fine. And you can all see the response I got from Dazz after that. I rest my case here, you can search my posts all over the Modaco and easily see if I'm a whiner of not.

Because of course it was a direct response to you and not a response to many posts.

Guest bidzapfc

It must have slipped through our hardware compatibility labs quality testing. The relevant department heads have been fired and we've hired new hardware compatibility teams. Luckily we have many examples of every combination of the various parts Huawei have ever used when putting g300s together and unlimited time, funding and manpower.

Laughing more that I should :D sarcasm at its best

How do I check what RAM I have Samsung or Huawei.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/

It's not RAM that's the issue it's flash/eMMC. But the part in question is actually an MCP (multi chip package) containing both eMMC and DDR RAM.

Edited by dalyer

Did you miss the flurry of discussion here and in other threads about the latest recovery/3.4 kernel possibly bricking some devices?

Reading IRC is a good way to keep up with what's going on in the background.

But reading the thread also helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest thebuell

If it's any comfort mine died the day after updating.. Thankfully it is being repaired free of charge. I've always had problems with it since I first got it so that's cool. At least I took a complete nandroid backup which I will restore after getting it back. Would it be necessary to revert the recovery image to 6.0.4.0 once I restore it or not? This phone was running 3.4.0 kernel. Course I will check the manufacturer and date on the flash memory chip as soon as I get it back and report it in the other thread.

Guest intensedarkness

It must have slipped through our hardware compatibility labs quality testing. The relevant department heads have been fired and we've hired new hardware compatibility teams. Luckily we have many examples of every combination of the various parts Huawei have ever used when putting g300s together and unlimited time, funding and manpower.

Dear tcpaulh,

This situation is fully unjustified, especially due to the unlimited resources and manpower we at 1-man-free-G300-development ltd have access to.

However, the fact that you have had to return to our offices prematurely from maternity leave due to a code red situation, just shows your dedication to getting everything sorted out.

Regards,

intensedarkness

So now my phone is dead too. RAM i have huawei. I had a 3.4 kernel with cwm 6.0.4.4 few hours. But then I gave a 10.2-cm-20131019-NIGHTLY-u8815 and TWR. Thus, it worked a few days and end today.

Guest marcioo

Sorry - just a (poor) joke ... I was amazed that anybody other than perhaps Sherlock Holmes could infer "Hynix eMMC" from "Huawei RAM".  :blush:

I understood! xD xD

Guest thebuell

Bad news! Vodafone refused to replace my G300 under warranty owing to moisture issues. Complete BS I know ... But now I have now ordered a Y300 as a replacement. Only paid 30 quid less than what I originally paid for the G300. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

it's not a problem because now you can install 3.4 kernel on it too. the problem is fixed :D

Not sure about this.

Dazzozo on CWM thread's first post: "R7: (hopefully) fixed hynix brick, EXT4 fix, 3.4 kernel - use at own peril if you have a hynix chip."

Dazzozo on CM10.2 thread: "I kept R3 available this time since I can't guarantee R6 is safe. It has the EXT4 fix though, so if you're having issues with files being deleted etc., that's your fix... unless you're using hynix, then you might want to avoid it if you value your device dearly."....

"Same as above applies, hynix people should probably avoid R6+ if they value their device, though the brick bug is hopefully fixed. It uses the same fix that CM uses, but I'm unsure when the brick bug was discovered in the first place."

cmsantos on CM10.2 thread: "well i was kind of "tired" of this phone... so i tried a clean install of the lasted nighlty cm-10.2-20131112-NIGHTLY-u8815 with recovery v6.0.4.4... and after 2h hours my phone bricked...i guess the bug (hynix) it's not fixed...or it was just bad luck... anyway keep up the good work... the brick was on me obviously..."

aarpey in CM10.2 thread: "I would like to share my experience. I have the hynix flash memory. When I flashed the CM7 rom with the ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 everything was fine, the only problem I noticed: phone sometimes freezes, had to manually reboot with the power key and had random reboots.

I decided to flash this rom to try it out with ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.4, and my phone "died" several times, I mean literally: I thought it will never turn on anymore (tried with taking out and put in battery, boot into recovery...) but after many tries the phone just booted. It sometimes didnt respond 10 min, sometimes half an hour... It started to happen every time I leave the phone alone, and because I was really not sure how long will I be able to make the phone booting up again, I reflashed the CM7 now with the newest recovery and everything is still good for now."....

"These actually can be the reasons, but I will never find out. My phone just died, no way to boot it anymore in any way... Today I'll take it to the carrier. So it seems the hynix problem is definitely related to the recovery.."

Somebody else also reported that they never used the 3.4 based recovery or CM10.2 and still their Hynix based G300 died.

It looks like it may simply be an inherent risk with the Hynix based G300s - whether or not 3.4 is accelerating their demise...

Somebody else also reported that they never used the 3.4 based recovery or CM10.2 and still their Hynix based G300 died.

It looks like it may simply be an inherent risk with the Hynix based G300s - whether or not 3.4 is accelerating their demise...

I agree with you.

Hynix is bad without the 3.4 stuff too. But accelerate the death of this phones doesn't acceptable for everyone.

So if you have hynix and want to use your phone longer and/or doesn't have warranty, you're stucked with the 3.0.8 stuff. :/